Nvidia plans to lock Game Ready drivers behind GeForce Experience registration

Mr_Troll

It starts with the e-mail and it ends with? It's always like this, it starts as something completely fine and small that's no big deal and suddenly it all went to sh*t and it's out of control.

DRM, windows privacy stuff, EULA's of software and games, you name it. We all know the BS moves nvidia did, so i won't be suprised if this also ends in sh*t. Not saying it will, but i won't be suprised if it does.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Annoying why are they doing this ? This going to cause a lot of extraordinary work for system builders, the bonuses don't way out the fact that in order to install drivers you have to jump through a unnessarry layer of authorization.

Nividia just let me download the damn drivers if I don't want to use geforce experience.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

If you're not an "up to date" gamer that's fine. However, there's definitively a culture of getting the latest game is no coincidence that suddely Twitch is filled with Battlefront streamers and that after Fallout 4 comes out it will probably surpass everything but LoL in terms of total viewers for a short while. So to a lot of people that actually do benefit from the latest drivers to help fix performance issues with brand new games, they're kinda forced into this.

Of course the sane thing would be for everybody to drop the "must play as soon as it's out" attitude though we're all guilty of buying into hype (I.E. me with Witcher 3) 

So no point.

Cool, going to ignore Nvidia on this one.

Oh for the love of god please don't quote full posts.  :mellow:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Are there still people who don't want to give their email out? lol 

its a douchey thing todo and GFE is a pile of shit to use  but i still do becasue its just easyer than searching all the time

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

A bit of a dick move, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Are there still people who don't want to give their email out? lol 

Yes, there are people who want to have access to the latest drivers for the hardware they bought without the need of installing bloatware + submiting an email. 

If you are fine with it, good for you lol

A bit of a dick move, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

It is a huge deal. This is fucking retarded.

After thinking on it even more, I don't think this is a great idea whatsoever even if GFE worked 100% of the time.

It is a huge deal. This is fucking retarded.

After thinking on it even more, I don't think this is a great idea whatsoever even if GFE worked 100% of the time.

I didn't say it's good

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just heard this news and as someone who actually uses GFE...this still sucks!

So let me get this straight, when I do a re-install of my OS, I have to first download the latest drivers from the website including GFE, then use GFE to basically do another whole driver install? Why can't I just download and run the latest drivers from your website instead of having to do it twice, you know, like it's always been?

Another thing, I work in I.T. and I have never run into a situation where a client of ours needed GFE installed. We want to install the latest drivers for our clients, yet have to install GFE in order to do it which will promptly get removed afterwards?  I realize that a client that doesn't game may not need a "Game ready driver" but I imagine other bug fixes will still be progressively implemented when they do come out, which means that I'd still want to install it at the time of service over one that is potentially months older.

Considering every time I've tried to install a Driver with Geforce Experiemce it's just flat out failed, looks like I'm now getting my drivers quarterly.

Still, if I buy games 3 months they'll be a little cheaper

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

*ahem* Get fucked.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Nek minit u will have to pay for drivers. But nvidia shills will defend this 'because they just werk.'

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Yes there is.  I haven't had it scan for games since I re-installed it because it's such a worthless function.

How do I turn it off?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

wtf nvidia dont do this and btw i dont want 3D vision just let me uninstall it and stop reinstalling it every time there is a driver update. and stop minimizing my game every time you tell me there is a new driver

I'd normally be on board with the whole email spam is bad, but I haven't gotten a single email from nvidia in the 3 years with gfe, so I can't say they are abusing the system.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I'd normally be on board with the whole email spam is bad, but I haven't gotten a single email from nvidia in the 3 years with gfe, so I can't say they are abusing the system.

I would be OK with this if GFE didn't always crash on me, take 2 minutes to  boot up, fail with drivers causing me to system restore, etc. GFE is such an ass program.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I would be OK with this if GFE didn't always crash on me, take 2 minutes to boot up, fail with drivers causing me to system restore, etc. GFE is such an ass program.

I had/have those issues with my 660m laptop but not with my super op desktop, so I'm kinda half on half off from that perspective.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

considering how much it helps especially with the ease of installing i think you guys are being immature. oh is it bloatware, no its not, oh does it take your email, what the hell doesnt take your email. You computer is likely fast enough to deal with another damn program on it. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

considering how much it helps especially with the ease of installing i think you guys are being immature. oh is it bloatware, no its not, oh does it take your email, what the hell doesnt take your email. You computer is likely fast enough to deal with another damn program on it. 

That doesn't excuse lack of choice. Oh, and why don't you look at some posts here? The program works like ass, it doesn't work well for everyone. You're immature for thinking this is a good thing.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I have a work email, and a personal email.
I don't think I've use my personal email for anything other than signing into websites in years..

Work is the only place I actually use an email address for emails.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

How do I turn it off?

Preferences, Games, and just uncheck everything.