[HYPE & RUMOR] Fury X2 spotted in shipping manifest

Myocardial Infarction

why not 2 nanos>?... 175 x 2 = 350w ..... lols

There are GTX 980Ti versions rated up to 375 watts, e.g. MSI Lightning.

I would laugth so hard if the Dual GPU card acrually uses less than a heavy OC Maxell card. Maxwell efficiency RIP B)

EDIT: And >8000 cores on a PCB = hype

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I have a 290 and I don't like playing games during the day in the summer because my room gets so hot due to poor ventilation and its heat output.

Also, it doesn't matter if you use liquid or air cooling, the card still puts out the same amount of heat.

Different people can take heat differently. I used to live in a place that it would get to 110F in the summer. And it still took several hours of running an overclocked 1090T and dual 290s to driver me out of my room.

Edit: Amending this so it doesn't sound like I'm saying heat doesn't matter. I just don't like the 'its hot for me in my circumstances, therefore it'll be hot for everyone' type of argument that goes around. It is still something to keep in mind, and something to be mentioned when recommending, but unless the person lives in a desert without ac, it also shouldn't be a big problem.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

am i the only one who doesn't give a damn about these dual gpu cards?

yes

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Does anyone really care about the TDP of a card if it has great cooling?

Or are you all just trying to troll and failing miserably?

*cough* Fermi *cough*

Nije struja svadje dzaba ko kod nas

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

q

I'm not trying to make an argument (or an objection if you're mr fancy). I just really hate people who play the power and heat card. There's several other cards they could play such as the: "is it better than what they released last time card?" or "Will i have to sell my other kidney to buy the card?"

Considering that for the most part heat is a non issue since there's these big rotatey things and wholes in walls, getting all the hot air out should be no bother. 

And if electricity is a concern then just switch everything off cos all you need is your PC, stable internet and all the games at your disposal. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Think about the TDP ..

what about a dual block wc aio solution ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

tumblr_n173vksCCO1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Won't be able to afford it, but seems cool. I'm kinda hyped. Wonder whether it'll be liquid cooled like the 295X2? AMD might surprise us and it might not produce enough heat to warrant an AiO cooler, who knows.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Could it be called general-purpose GPU for this exceptional usage?

GPU, Oven, Heater, Thermal Reactor. Yup.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Fury x2 was rumored to have 375W TDP which is a lot lower than R9 295x2 which was 500W TDP and was runing at 75*C with single 120mm rad while each core was clocked higher than R9 290x originaly had....

each fury x is 275W tdp so if they cut that down by half I would expect some really shitty performance from the x2

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm drooling over this. Hopefully this don't microstutter like crazy. I really want to take a pic of it side by side of my 295x2 and 980ti.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

If you live in a hot environment with poor/no AC, or your power is ludicrously expensive, then heat output/power consumption does matter. 

You Wouldn't Be Buying A $1000+ Dollar Card Then

Nevermind

am i the only one who doesn't give a damn about these dual gpu cards?

Two GPUs on a card that would fit in plenty of mITX cases, how can you not be? Fury X2 with a custom loop in an NCase M1 :wub: So much power, so little space.

Two GPUs on a card that would fit in plenty of mITX cases, how can you not be? Fury X2 with a custom loop in an NCase M1 :wub: So much power, so little space.

1. i dont have the money

2. from my knowledge its just 2 cards CF and why would i want that?

3. mitx is only for mobile gaming imo, so why would i want something that will burn you if you touched it even if its watercooled

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1. i dont have the money

3. mitx is only for mobile gaming imo, so why would i want something that will burn you if you touched it even if its watercooled

cuz its 2x FURY X

which A: only has one RAD

B: works like a charm (atleast the 295x2 does)

C: If CF isnt there, you still got 1x FURY X. So basically 7-10% less then 980Ti performance

D: If CF works, you got WAY better then any 980TI, TItan X or whatever setup, at a lower cost!!!!

AMD dual GPU card

g79AS5m.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

cuz its 2x FURY X

which A: only has one RAD

B: works like a charm (atleast the 295x2 does)

C: If CF isnt there, you still got 1x FURY X. So basically 7-10% less then 980Ti performance

D: If CF works, you got WAY better then any 980TI, TItan X or whatever setup, at a lower cost!!!!

1. i dont have the money

2. dual gpu cards dont appeal to me

3. again why should I care?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Think about the TDP ..

Should not be that high. The r9 nano had a tdp of 175. two of them is 350 watts. Giving AMD room for a bump in clockspeed, to compete with the nvidia gpu.

why not 2 nanos>?... 175 x 2 = 350w ..... lols

Oops sorry. But yeah your right.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

each fury x is 275W tdp so if they cut that down by half I would expect some really shitty performance from the x2

Nano was 175W TDP each so 2x Nano = 350W TDP which is 25W less. But you could push it a lot higher as there was slider that allow you to increase power by +50% which got you to about 250W and then you could run Nano at Fury X speeds.

This may be the case here as well. You get two GPUs slightly more powerfull than Nano runing at respectable 375W TDP which will perform very well (better than R9 295x2 which was 500W TDP or Titan Z which was 375W TDP or 2x GTX 980 which is 2x 165W TDP) but you can push it a lot more further by increasing power limit to 500W TDP for example which will result in big performance increase at the cost of power consumption and noise.

Nano was 175W TDP each so 2x Nano = 350W TDP which is 25W less. But you could push it a lot higher as there was slider that allow you to increase power by +50% which got you to about 250W and then you could run Nano at Fury X speeds.

This may be the case here as well. You get two GPUs slightly more powerfull than Nano runing at respectable 375W TDP which will perform very well (better than R9 295x2 or Titan Z or 2x GTX 980) but you can push it a lot more further by increasing power limit to 500W TDP for example which will result in big performance increase at the cost of power consumption and noise.

I would expect it to be two fury Xs not two fury nanos, because its called a fury x2 not a fury nano2

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1. i dont have the money

1 Some do have the money. It's not for everyone, it's not often that it's cheaper that 2 individual cards. 

2 Because some people want to run 2 gpus

3. It's for people that want itx builds. I carry mine everywhere, but I might have made it either way simply because of the saved space/it's cute/it's fun. And by that logic, no one overclocks on itx because it's too hot. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Can't wait to see it and maybe aftermarket one. It will be awesome to have fully fledged two cores on small PCB shown xD

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3. again why should I care?

because everyone that doesn't understand what a dual gpu card is will call it the fastest GPU just so they can make pro-AMD arguments, even though there are plenty without having the top GPU 

muh specs 

All parts black