[HYPE & RUMOR] Fury X2 spotted in shipping manifest

Myocardial Infarction

I would expect it to be two fury Xs not two fury nanos, because its called a fury x2 not a fury nano2

Thats true but when was the last time AMD naming make any sense. R9 295x2 was also not called R9 290x2.

Also I would like to point out that runing 2 GPUs on one card may reduce power consumption somewhat compared to two GPUs runing on two cards and thus the TDP is lower (375W). I also think that Fury x2 is better binned to have better power consumption due to lower leakage. So it is quite possible that we may actualy see two Fury X on one card with the same clocks as Fury X originaly had.

In the end R9 290x TDP was 290W and R9 295x2 was 500W TDP while it had 2x R9 290x cores clocked even higher.. just do the math and you can see that they actualy managed to cut TDP on R9 295x2 by over 100W while having better temps and noise levels and higher clocks.

I'm not trying to make an argument (or an objection if you're mr fancy). I just really hate people who play the power and heat card. There's several other cards they could play such as the: "is it better than what they released last time card?" or "Will i have to sell my other kidney to buy the card?"

Considering that for the most part heat is a non issue since there's these big rotatey things and wholes in walls, getting all the hot air out should be no bother. 

And if electricity is a concern then just switch everything off cos all you need is your PC, stable internet and all the games at your disposal. 

It just goes to show how stupid and brainwashed they are. This isn't even about getting mad about an AMD joke. The joke just plain doesn't make any sense.

Hawaii was made to compete against high end Kepler. The difference in power consumption between the two was basically non-existent, but people till today still think TDP = power consumption. Nvidia putting a lower TDP on their spec sheet = they're more efficient. The reason for the heat problems was AMD's shitty reference cooler. Putting the same cooler on a 780 or 780 ti  would have had the same results.

Spoiler
59709.png

The Maxwell has lower power consumption than GCN 1.2 is because it sucks ass at compute and it's letting AMD's flagship from 2013 compete with Nvidia's latest and greatest in compute scenarios. It's sad that even after this was revealed I still saw someone on another forum say that despite the 380 beating the 960, the 960 is a better buy because the 380's TDP is not competitive. What the actual fuck?

At no point has Nvidia actually had better power consumption than AMD relative to what the architecture can do, since I got into PC gaming in 2007. This is coming from someone who has only ever owned Nvidia. I can't wait to see what the excuses will be when Pascal (or Volta, whichever architecture Nvidia ends up bringing back compute to) will have the same power consumption as AMD's Greenland or it's successor. It was amazing seeing shills on here saying they bought a Maxwell card because of climate change.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

It just goes to show how stupid and brainwashed they are. This isn't even about getting mad about an AMD joke. The joke just plain doesn't make any sense.

Hawaii was made to compete against high end Kepler. The difference in power consumption between the two was basically non-existent, but people till today still think TDP = power consumption. Nvidia putting a lower TDP on their spec sheet = they're more efficient. The reason for the heat problems was AMD's shitty reference cooler. Putting the same cooler on a 780 or 780 ti would have had the same results.

Spoiler
59709.png

The Maxwell has lower power consumption than GCN 1.2 is because it sucks ass at compute and it's letting AMD's flagship from 2013 compete with Nvidia's latest and greatest in compute scenarios. It's sad that even after this was revealed I still saw someone on another forum say that despite the 380 beating the 960, the 960 is a better buy because the 380's TDP is not competitive. What the actual fuck?

At no point has Nvidia actually had better power consumption than AMD relative to what the architecture can do, since I got into PC gaming in 2007. This is coming from someone who has only ever owned Nvidia. I can't wait to see what the excuses will be when Pascal (or Volta, whichever architecture Nvidia ends up bringing back compute to) will have the same power consumption as AMD's Greenland or it's successor. It was amazing seeing shills on here saying they bought a Maxwell card because of climate change.

420% true.

Hawaii is the most efficient compute chip iirc. AMD GPU's have too much compute power.

I wanted a 290, but I ended up with a GTX 970, because AMD hates my country, and a 280X was more expensive than a freaking G1 970.

Glad that DirectX12 is helping AMD.

It's true that Nvidia GPU's consume way less power than AMD ones in gaming, once you add computing into the equation AMD really shines.

1. i dont have the money

2. dual gpu cards dont appeal to me

3. again why should I care?

If you don't care. Why do you come to this thread and trolling?

If you don't care. Why do you come to this thread and trolling?

i was not trolling, just because i have a different opinion then somebody else means i'm trolling than your not prepared for what the internet really is

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

why not 2 nanos>?... 175 x 2 = 350w ..... lols

Cause two slowed underclocked gpus goes against the entire point of having a dual gpu card in the first place (which is why the 295x2 was popular and the titan z was not.)

This price seems too good to be true given that the 295x2 launched at 3x the then current price of a 290x and that the fury x is still selling closer to 750-800 USD than the 650msrp.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

but so far, their attempts has been rather MEH!!!

Titan Z=Failure/R9 295X2 kicked it's ass for half the price

690=Just that 2/4GB VRAM compared to 7990 with 3/6GB

590=Just 2 underclocked 580s that used a lot of power

GTX 295=Well that was around the 480 but lacked DX11

Instead of teaching boy scouts how to make a fire they should just give them AMD gpus. 

1. i dont have the money

2. dual gpu cards dont appeal to me

3. again why should I care?

It's your opinion......

If you don't really like it then why did you come here anyway

Hawaii was made to compete against high end Kepler. The difference in power consumption between the two was basically non-existent, but people till today still think TDP = power consumption. Nvidia putting a lower TDP on their spec sheet = they're more efficient. The reason for the heat problems was AMD's shitty reference cooler. Putting the same cooler on a 780 or 780 ti  would have had the same results.

Spoiler
59709.png

I'd say Fermi was Nvidia's last true architecture because it featured the RAW performance that it had. i'd say Kepler was just removing some features to save some power while still having plenty of power and Maxwell just removed a lot of features to bring power consumption and TDP down. 

People calling out Fury X2 for high TDP...

Lmao go check the TDP of having a dual 980Ti SLI setup then come back and try and make a joke that actually makes sense.

A 980TI SLI config uses about 500W so if this card uses similar, why joke about it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

People calling out Fury X2 for high TDP...

Lmao go check the TDP of having a dual 980Ti SLI setup then come back and try and make a joke that actually makes sense.

A 980TI SLI config uses about 500W so if this card uses similar, why joke about it.

Hawaii and Kepler were basically the same in power consumption, just some people bitch about the stupid reference cooler on the 290/X made it look bad. 

Hawaii and Kepler were basically the same in power consumption, just some people bitch about the stupid reference cooler on the 290/X made it look bad. 

Exactly

Some people are always looking for the slightest thing to bash AMD on

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Think about the TDP ..

KILL THE POLAR BEARS

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Fury x2 was rumored to have 375W TDP which is a lot lower than R9 295x2 which was 500W TDP and was runing at 75*C with single 120mm rad while each core was clocked higher than R9 290x originaly had....

There are GTX 980Ti versions rated up to 375 watts, e.g. MSI Lightning.

I would laugth so hard if the Dual GPU card acrually uses less than a heavy OC Maxell card. Maxwell efficiency RIP B)

EDIT: And >8000 cores on a PCB = hype

Rated up to doesn't change the stock TDP of Maxwell (and full OC literally isn't capable of running at 375W. It cannot occur with out insane overvolting and in which case fiji gets wrecked.

Also the only way it could be 375 is if they use two nano's which would be a complete joke and get face melted by 980 ti sli. The whole point of the 295x2 was it was two FULLY UNLOCKED, FULL SPEED gpu's. Hence why it often consumed as much as two fully unlocked, full speed 290x's (power consumptions over 600W have been recorded).

If they were two use 800 Mhz fiji's (in order to meet that power target) that would be absolute trash. Then again they can claim 375W TDP but allow massive power target increases to consume way more power and actually give a decent experience.

That said, I would be so insanely impressed if this came out for less than 1500 dollars given that even the 295x2 came out at 3x the cost of a 290x at the time.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Rated up to doesn't change the stock TDP of Maxwell (and full OC literally isn't capable of running at 375W. It cannot occur with out insane overvolting and in which case fiji gets wrecked.

Also the only way it could be 375 is if they use two nano's which would be a complete joke and get face melted by 980 ti sli. The whole point of the 295x2 was it was two FULLY UNLOCKED, FULL SPEED gpu's. Hence why it often consumed as much as two fully unlocked, full speed 290x's (power consumptions over 600W have been recorded).

If they were two use 800 Mhz fiji's (in order to meet that power target) that would be absolute trash. Then again they can claim 375W TDP but allow massive power target increases to consume way more power and actually give a decent experience.

That said, I would be so insanely impressed if this came out for less than 1500 dollars given that even the 295x2 came out at 3x the cost of a 290x at the time.

As I mentioned before.

R9 290x was 290W TDP

R9 295x2 was 500W TDP while runing at higher clock speed than stock R9 290x (2x R9 290x = 2x 290W = 580W + slight OC = 600W TDP easily)

So Fury X2 may be the same. 2x Fury X on single card that has a lot lower TDP than 2x separate Fury X. But we will see.. these are all speculations but there is this possibility since we already saw that happen in the past on R9 295x2.

Instead of teaching boy scouts how to make a fire they should just give them AMD gpus.

the downside is that if you rub two GPUs together, you release a lot of unhealthy and nasty stuff. sticks however just produce smoke and heat

the downside is that if you rub two GPUs together, you release a lot of unhealthy and nasty stuff. sticks however just produce smoke and heat

Smoke is considered a carcinogen and can cause breathing problems later.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You do realize that TDP cannot be compared between AMD and Nvidia because each engineer rates it differently, right? I don't know if you've even bothered to read up on it but I'll give you the dumbed down version. Engineer A makes GPU A - he says it produces 100W of heat. Engineer B produces GPU B - he thinks his card produces 150W of heat. In reality - they produce the exact same amount of heat but the engineers think differently because they are coming up with the numbers as they go rather than base them on a unified source. And power consumption is not remotely connected.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Does anyone really care about the TDP of a card if it has great cooling?

Or are you all just trying to troll and failing miserably?

*cough* Fermi *cough*

It really think this depends. I mean all the comments about AMD being way too hot are often exaggerated, but in my case (double meaning here) the tdp of the 290 is a problem, despite the good tri-x cooler. My case is small and is usually pretty good with cooling, but the high tdp makes it hard to get rid of the heat fast enough. Water cooling is the answer though and I believe that is the route they will go.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

It's your opinion......

If you don't really like it then why did you come here anyway

I'd say Fermi was Nvidia's last true architecture because it featured the RAW performance that it had. i'd say Kepler was just removing some features to save some power while still having plenty of power and Maxwell just removed a lot of features to bring power consumption and TDP down. 

Yup, and this leads me to believe that they still haven't figured how to do compute as efficiently as AMD does. Pascal being on 14nm might help them a lot with heat and power consumption issues though (if Pascal does end up having better compute than it's predecessors).

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Yup, and this leads me to believe that they still haven't figured how to do compute as efficiently as AMD does. Pascal being on 14nm might help them a lot with heat and power consumption issues though (if Pascal does end up having better compute than it's predecessors).

AMD has more RAW power than Nvidia, but Nvidia makes up for the performance with drivers/software.

AMD has more RAW power than Nvidia, but Nvidia makes up for the performance with drivers/software.

Finally - someone else says what I've been repeating :D

AMD - superior hardware

Nvidia - superior software

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6