whats going on with nvidia and luke

pagani123

any rumors  because i am in the process of buying a titan x and i dont want a new gpu to come out right after i spent 1,000 on this one 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

the titan x is just 6 months old, I'd say there won't be a new GPU for at least another six months

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Get a 980ti if you're gonna get a titan X it cost several hundred dollars less, performs almost identically and unless for some insane reason you NEED 12GB's of VRAM don't bother.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

any rumors  because i am in the process of buying a titan x and i dont want a new gpu to come out right after i spent 1,000 on this one 

follow topic, get a 980Ti instead. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

why the heck do you need a titan X...

if youre gaming, just get a 980ti and overclock it

you will get better performance

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Get a 980ti if you're gonna get a titan X it cost several hundred dollars less, performs almost identically and unless for some insane reason you NEED 12GB's of VRAM don't bother.

follow topic, get a 980Ti instead. 

why the heck do you need a titan X...

if youre gaming, just get a 980ti and overclock it

you will get better performance

i want the 12 gb of vram and its mostly for bragging rights over my friends xD

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

The Titan X will last you a LOOOOOOOOONG time, so I wouldn't worry about a new GPU.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

and i already know that the 980ti has comparable performance i have done my research but i just would rather have a titan 

What does a Titan X have to do with Luke? And why don't you get a 980 Ti K|NGP|N instead? Performs better than the Titan X and I'm sure you'll have bragging rights over more than just your friends.

and i already know that the 980ti has comparable performance i have done my research but i just would rather have a titan 

Save the 300$ and get a big ass SSD or something like that.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

holy shit the titan x is already 6 months old?? wth?

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

Spend the 300$ and get the bigger e-peen

ftfy

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Just get a 980Ti if you actually need all of the power.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

waste of money. 

get two 980 Ti's instead. two cards are better than one.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

What does Luke have to do with it?

if you watch the stream linus said luke was doing something with nvidia thats why he wasnt on the stream today

What does a Titan X have to do with Luke? And why don't you get a 980 Ti K|NGP|N instead? Performs better than the Titan X and I'm sure you'll have bragging rights over more than just your friends.

why buy the kingpin when i can get the titan x with 6gb more vram and close clock speed for the same amount of money 

waste of money. 

get two 980 Ti's instead. two cards are better than one.

dont want any scaling issues with sli i just want one card 

if you watch the stream linus said luke was doing something with nvidia thats why he wasnt on the stream today

why buy the kingpin when i can get the titan x with 6gb more vram and close clock speed for the same amount of money 

Because you want bragging rights, apparently. The K|NGP|N is a very rare card, and the Titan X reference cooler sucks ass, so the cooler will be hindering the full potential of the card anyway.

That is the second most stupidest thing people do over being a fanboy. Wasting $300 of your hard earned money, To what? Say you have a extra 6GB of vram that a single Titan X alone cannot even utilize since it's not strong enough. To get a extra 2-3 FPS for a extra $300-$350? No, it's not worth it and you should rethink your decision because the Titan X is one of the worst price-performance cards on the market right now. Atleast with the 980Ti you get many aftermarket cooler choices allowing for higher overclocks which in theory means even more FPS per dollar.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Your reasoning is some of the most retarded I have seen. Just get a 980Ti if you actually need all of the power.

everyone has there own opinions and it was a gift from my dad so im not paying for it 

Perhaps it'll be the GTX 990 or some shit like that lol.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W