Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
7 hours ago, knightslugger said:

wow really? Trigger slap on the SP-01? If you like the trigger on the XD, check out Power river precision triggers. I have one in my XD45 full frame and it is AWESOME!

I was wondering about those. The XDM is already very nice. Trigger does need a bit cleaner of a break. The one on the CZ is mushy as hell on top of the trigger slap.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

That doesn’t change the fact that there’s no where to recycle out here.

Reloading...

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Reloading...

This.

I don't reload but have 5 gallon pail full of 9mm cases, and two 5 gallon pails of .223 cases haha. Someday I'll take the plunge. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

8 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

This.

I don't reload but have 5 gallon pail full of 9mm cases, and two 5 gallon pails of .223 cases haha. Someday I'll take the plunge. 

Seeing as 6.5 Grendel is a buck a pop, reloading is in my nearish future. We don't keep 9mm, not all of it is reloadable, and what we buy isn't. Got 5.56, 7.62x51, .30-06, .45ACP, .308, and 8mm Mauser as well.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Seeing as 6.5 Grendel is a buck a pop, reloading is in my nearish future. We don't keep 9mm, not all of it is reloadable, and what we buy isn't. Got 5.56, 7.62x51, .30-06, .45ACP, .308, and 8mm Mauser as well.

Yeah, I hear ya. 

All of my 9mm is reloadable stuff, but everything I read 9mm is questionable on whether or not it's worth your time to reload. Rifle cartridges get paybacks much much quicker. 

I have smaller amounts of .45 ACP and .308  as well, but the bulk of my brass is 9mm and .223, as those make up 98% of the centerfire cartridges I shoot. 

About a year ago I bought a reloading manual and a hand depriming tool. Then spend a few months of my free time watching movies and depriming brass haha. Pretty much all of it is deprimed at this point. Eventually I'll buy a tumbler to clean it all, then I'll have to take the plunge and get a press. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

9 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Yeah, I hear ya. 

All of my 9mm is reloadable stuff, but everything I read 9mm is questionable on whether or not it's worth your time to reload. Rifle cartridges get paybacks much much quicker. 

I have smaller amounts of .45 ACP and .308  as well, but the bulk of my brass is 9mm and .223, as those make up 98% of the centerfire cartridges I shoot. 

Our breakdown is that 5.56 makes up roughly 50% of our rifle brass that's fired, but all 4 of our 5.56 AR15s are mil spec and thus overgassed, so a fair amount of brass gets dented, typically on the shoulders, if it hots the bench or whichever truck we take to the range.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

31 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Our breakdown is that 5.56 makes up roughly 50% of our rifle brass that's fired, but all 4 of our 5.56 AR15s are mil spec and thus overgassed, so a fair amount of brass gets dented, typically on the shoulders, if it hots the bench or whichever truck we take to the range.

dented brass isn't really something to get worked up about. Believe me when it's fired, it's wrinkled right out.

I am an avid reloader. I'll reload anything. ...and almost do. Hell i even make my own projectiles from scratch, both hard cast lead and copper jacketed. So far we've made .45's. .223's, and .308's. We want to get a set of punches for 6mm and 6.5mm.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

7 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

dented brass isn't really something to get worked up about. Believe me when it's fired, it's wrinkled right out.

Which is why we don't toss .308. But we have a surplus of 5.56, enough that taking, literally, 1,000 rounds of mad minute ammo is not even remotely a big deal.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

oh i have a 30 gal rubbermade full of range 5.56 / 223 rem pickups. I know the struggle. I remember buying a whole bunch of ss109's intending to load them and store them, i just don't shoot my carbines to much anymore. precision rifle shooting has pretty much been my focus for the last 5 years. hell i think the last time i even shot my shotgun was to neutralize a feral cat that was terrorizing our house cats.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Reloading...

Again, I’d rather support the local business, plus he gives me good deals on firearms and ammo

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

Again, I’d rather support the local business, plus he gives me good deals on firearms and ammo

He doesn't sell reloading components?

System specs:

5 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Where I live, I know of 2 local shops. One deals only with 'sporting' goods - shotguns and .22LR. The other is ran by a tacticool cock sucker.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

He doesn't sell reloading components?

I’ve never seen anything in there, granted I’ve still not seen the entire store.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Where I live, I know of 2 local shops. One deals only with 'sporting' goods - shotguns and .22LR. The other is ran by a tacticool cock sucker.

this guy is cool, plus to order off of cheaper than dirt and use his FFL is cheaper than the Ace Hardware here, $35 is better than $50.

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

I’ve never seen anything in there, granted I’ve still not seen the entire store.

this guy is cool, plus to order off of cheaper than dirt and use his FFL is cheaper than the Ace Hardware here, $35 is better than $50.

no argument from me there! $15 is $15.

consider it though. not only can you bring the cost per round down, but the ammunition you make will be far superior than anything you can buy off the shelf at any price, in a lot of ways.

System specs:

20 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

no argument from me there! $15 is $15.

consider it though. not only can you bring the cost per round down, but the ammunition you make will be far superior than anything you can buy off the shelf at any price, in a lot of ways.

I’ll keep that in mind then, last I looked into it, prices were more expensive upfront.

How did I just find this thread

When it has 56 pages

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I’ll keep that in mind then, last I looked into it, prices were more expensive upfront.

well you do have to purchase several tools, but a guy could get away with a basic reloading setup for little more than the price of 1000 rounds of ammunition. Not ideal by any stretch, but absolutely doable.

If you ever have any questions about reloading, hit me up. I've been reloading for over a decade and reload some incredibly accurate and consistent ammunition in a wide range of cartridges. My father (retired) is even better at it. just last week he loaded up some ammunition for a friend to develop and was able to achieve a .5fps variation shot to shot over 5 rounds. Hitting a target 1/2 a mile away is now pretty boring for us. unfortunately we are at our range's limit for distance. we've moved on to measuring group sizes at long distance.

System specs:

1 minute ago, JDE said:

How did I just find this thread

When it has 56 pages

It isn't consistantly active.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

In the topic of non-reloadable ammo, had anyone ever heard of the plastic cases? They’re plastic or biodegradable. Supposed to make more “environmentally friendly” somehow. As if war was environmentally friendly haha

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

In the topic of non-reloadable ammo, had anyone ever heard of the plastic cases? They’re plastic or biodegradable. Supposed to make more “environmentally friendly” somehow. As if war was environmentally friendly haha

Shotgun shells are mostly plastic.

So yes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Shotgun shells are mostly plastic.

So yes.

I meant for 5.56 AR15 style rifles. 

4 minutes ago, fpo said:

There are some polymer case options out there, but they werent designed to be environmentally friendly, they were meant to be lighter weight so aircraft can carry more. 

2zp1l5h.png

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

I have an Ar15 chbered for .410 shells.

Does that count?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

@Real_PhillBert, ahh that makes sense. I saw something on YouTube a while back with some grey cases. 

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I have an Ar15 chbered for .410 shells.

Does that count?

Lol, um... only if you use slugs?