Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
5 hours ago, aggie113 said:

Diehard goals getting checked off:

PXL_20240510_155047717.thumb.jpg.f583f70a6ba820afa9013be6f03da84c.jpg

Duuuuuuuude: color me envious 😄
Did you go for the waffle mag or stanag version?

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

18 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

Duuuuuuuude: color me envious 😄
Did you go for the waffle mag or stanag version?

Already run a FS2000 as well as other freedom rifles 🙂  Why start a fresh collection if I don't need to?
ZgReHAg.thumb.jpeg.ebda0a3f3fdc6065f9c52e34a95d48ab.jpeg

But I'm just talking out my ass.

On 5/10/2024 at 10:05 AM, aggie113 said:

Diehard goals getting checked off:

PXL_20240510_155047717.thumb.jpg.f583f70a6ba820afa9013be6f03da84c.jpg

What's nice is you can get 300BLKO barrels now for these. PSA has had some of these with both a 5.56 and 300BLKO barrel included which is super tempting. I've considered 300BLKO in a setup like that with supers or sub even unsuppressed for home defense. I'll likely end up waiting for PSA's X57 to meet that demand though.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

On 5/10/2024 at 2:38 PM, aggie113 said:

Already run a FS2000 as well as other freedom rifles 🙂  Why start a fresh collection if I don't need to?

I hear that..... I kinda want the bolt release though 😛

Fantastic collection though! Love the hanging mag storage, and I'm *deeply*  envious of those two, proper length P90's.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

I have almost all of the parts gathered to build a .350 Legend upper. I have an upper that matches my current receiver set I built on, an upper parts kit with forward assist and dust cover, an M-lok forend, and a barrel/gasblock/gas tube on order. I’m essentially a brake/compensator and an optic away, I’m thinking a 1-3x prismatic (yay astigmatism).

The bolt head is the same for .223/5.56, so my charge handle and bolt carrier assembly should work. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

57 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

with forward assist

Ewh

57 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

I have almost all of the parts gathered to build a .350 Legend upper.

Hogs or deer? 

58 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

I’m essentially a brake/compensator and an optic away, I’m thinking a 1-3x prismatic (yay astigmatism).

Primary Arm's microprisms are amazing. I have the 1x on my WWSD clone build (I DIY built it with a faxon 14.5" integral flash hider pencil barrel and a no FA forged upper, being the only significant deviations). I have the 3x version on my PSA AK-105 that rocks a Zenitco kit that almost got stuck in Moscow (Jan 2022).

I shoot cross eye dominant and either work well, but shooting both eyes open with the 3x isn't as easy to transpose the reticle as the 1x. The 1x works basically as good as a red dot without the astigmatism problems. Mines corrected by glasses but I don't always wear them since my vision is decent at 20-40.

The only downside being with magnifiers and the 1x. It takes some tuning of both diopters to get it right to also get it in focus for your eye, which doesn't work for anyone else if you're expecting someone else to handle the rifle. That goes for either of the microprisms. 

Depending on what you're intending to use it for, if its for hogs or deer, I'd just get the 3x PA microprism. 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

On 5/10/2024 at 3:38 PM, aggie113 said:

Love the PS90 SBR. Guessing you've had it long enough to really appreciate the dramatically lower $/round of 5.7x28mm of recent. I'm so exciting for PSA's X57 'MP7 at home', I've had their handgun, the Rock 57, since launch and its absolutely amazing.

2-3 rounds of 5.7x28mm out of a 5" barrel at 1600 fps or so with the 40gr round being better than 1-2 of 9mm, since either require shot placement, but I obviously still carry 9mm JHP since 5.7x28mm out of a 3" barrel is just dumb. Its a whole other story when you're using 8-10" with 5.7x28mm, where you hit that 2000 fps mark. I personally stick to 40gr for zeroing, sure, the 27gr is real spicy and I've tested it myself, but not worth the variation in zero in my opinion.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4 hours ago, Agall said:

Ewh

Hogs or deer? 

Primary Arm's microprisms are amazing. I have the 1x on my WWSD clone build (I DIY built it with a faxon 14.5" integral flash hider pencil barrel and a no FA forged upper, being the only significant deviations). I have the 3x version on my PSA AK-105 that rocks a Zenitco kit that almost got stuck in Moscow (Jan 2022).

I shoot cross eye dominant and either work well, but shooting both eyes open with the 3x isn't as easy to transpose the reticle as the 1x. The 1x works basically as good as a red dot without the astigmatism problems. Mines corrected by glasses but I don't always wear them since my vision is decent at 20-40.

The only downside being with magnifiers and the 1x. It takes some tuning of both diopters to get it right to also get it in focus for your eye, which doesn't work for anyone else if you're expecting someone else to handle the rifle. That goes for either of the microprisms. 

Depending on what you're intending to use it for, if its for hogs or deer, I'd just get the 3x PA microprism. 

Hogs for the most part, Texas has plenty.

I have looked at the Primary Arms, Vortex, and Burris mostly, along with a few others. And while something at 1.5 or 2x would be ideal, even a 1x would be fine as this’ll be mostly for sub-75 yard use in brush.  

I have a .243 Remington 700 I’ve put in an aftermarket stock and done some other work on if I need longer range, or for whitetail; Though if I put a higher-magnification prism or something like an LPVO on this .350 Legend, it would accomplish 200 yard whitetail hunts effectively. The .243 is well sub-MOA at 200 yards even with factory cartridges, so will probably still go prism on the .350.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

11 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Hogs for the most part, Texas has plenty.

I have looked at the Primary Arms, Vortex, and Burris mostly, along with a few others. And while something at 1.5 or 2x would be ideal, even a 1x would be fine as this’ll be mostly for sub-75 yard use in brush.  

I have a .243 Remington 700 I’ve put in an aftermarket stock and done some other work on if I need longer range, or for whitetail; Though if I put a higher-magnification prism or something like an LPVO on this .350 Legend, it would accomplish 200 yard whitetail hunts effectively. The .243 is well sub-MOA at 200 yards even with factory cartridges, so will probably still go prism on the .350.

I hunt mulies and whitetail with 300wm, the lighter 150gr PSP currently that screams at 3200 fps some out of a 24" barrel. Depending on the tag, its either woods or plains, but I have another rig I'm building for 50yrds and in. The more open areas can be in excess of 500yrds, last season harvesting two deer at 300yrds and 350yrds in heavy winds. That has a 4-14x, but I even only ended up being at about 8x. 

If I was building a rig for dispatching hogs, I'd probably end up with something like 7.62x39mm or 300BLKO supers (since those are real cheap with AAC now) but that's just my proclivity, 350 legend probably being better. Optics wise, I'd likely throw on the 1x prism with a 3x magnifier. I have PA's 6x magnifier and its nice, but I'd say more useful for zeroing than keeping it on the rifle 24x7. The 3x being a better compromise of eye relief and weight.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

• 2 weeks later...

Flux Defense's P320 Raider RH brace in FDE came into stock and I pulled the trigger on it. Been aiming to pick one up several times, only time seeing them in stock since release was a few weeks before the brace ban got shut down so I didn't jump.

Now I'm narrowing down which P320 I want to get for it. I was either intending on picking up a factory M17 and using the safety delete pin or just picking up an Xfive Legion to get the longer and thicker barrel and better trigger. The Xfive Legion also comes with better magazines for this chassis system as well. The one concern I have though is if I intend to use JHP rounds in it, whether or not I'll exceed the velocity range with the Xfive Legion.

Thoughts?

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500