Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
13 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Both my local Cabelas and Sportmans warehouse have 30 rifles on display. Some $700 M&P15's, some $2500+. A few are just single rifles, but most of the ones on display, they have another 5-10 in the back. I can see Dickhead's losing a pretty penny over this.

Let them lose money. Like I said, even if it is a pretty penny, it's 'marketing' for the publicity they are trying to get. I don't give a darn, manufacturers can churn out in a day enough rifles to 'replace' what was lost. I'm not worried, one, bit.

1 hour ago, RedAV8R said:

Let them lose money. Like I said, even if it is a pretty penny, it's 'marketing' for the publicity they are trying to get. I don't give a darn, manufacturers can churn out in a day enough rifles to 'replace' what was lost. I'm not worried, one, bit.

I concur wholeheartedly.  I simply brought it up so people were informed of their latest actions.

I'm gonna need a pocket pistol sooner or later, Or a purse pistol as the case may be, and my .357 just has way to long of a barrel and the .44 weighs 2 pounds, any ideas

19 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

I'm gonna need a pocket pistol sooner or later, Or a purse pistol as the case may be, and my .357 just has way to long of a barrel and the .44 weighs 2 pounds, any ideas

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Well thats a given but i prefer guns unlubed and with a safety 

1 minute ago, Cole5 said:

Well thats a given but i prefer guns unlubed and with a safety 

The m&p 9 compact or defender is pretty popular and kinda small. 

Glock 26 are also popular. 

I don’t own any pistols so I’m just hoping someone can give some more advice. These are just 2 guns recommended a lot. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

The m&p 9 compact or defender is pretty popular and kinda small. 

Glock 26 are also popular. 

I don’t own any pistols so I’m just hoping someone can give some more advice. These are just 2 guns recommended a lot. 

Oh those look nice, i was thinking somethign in .38 spec or a magnum round, just small

5 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Oh those look nice, i was thinking somethign in .38 spec or a magnum round, just small

I think some revolvers would suit you. I don’t know many non 9mm pistols. 

43 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Short barreled 1911 or 2011. The gun was designed to be safely carried with one in the chamber and the hammer cocked.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Short barreled 1911 or 2011. The gun was designed to be safely carried with one in the chamber and the hammer cocked.

Oh i very much like the look of the 2011

3 hours ago, Cole5 said:

Oh i very much like the look of the 2011

I'm a sucker for mil spec 1911s, long barreled 1911s, and the Korth PRS lineup.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I gave my Ruger LCR 357 as a fathers day gift, and a Glock 26 has replaced it. I kinda miss it now. :o

That Archer underwear gun video reminded me of the NAA Sidewinder. I think Ill have to get one for myself just to  have a revolver again... Maybe ill get an underwear holster for it too. :ph34r:

That video just reminds me I need to continue archer, lol

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I'm not a 1911 hater, but my buddy sent me this and I had to share:

IMG_1709-521120.JPG

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

looking to own a MP5K semi. Not sure if i should build one, or buy one. It would eventually be a 2 stamp gun.

any suggestions for manufacturers to buy straight out?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

looking to own a MP5K semi. Not sure if i should build one, or buy one. It would eventually be a 2 stamp gun.

any suggestions for manufacturers to buy straight out?

Zenith has been very highly recommended for a while now, PSA is supposed to be releasing one "Soon" too, but I'm not sure I would want to be a first adopter of theirs. HK of course sells the SP5K, but the lack of paddle mag release and tri-lug barrel suck some of the fun out of it if you ask me. 

Building a roller lock gun is notoriously tricky, it can be done just be warned that it's supposed to be a pretty tricky ordeal. Someday I would love to attempt one from a flat, but haven't gotten far enough to buy the tooling for one yet. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm not a 1911 hater, but my buddy sent me this and I had to share

I'm not sure why the 1911's get such hate.  Then again I've never fired one before, so maybe there's some reason behind people's animus towards them.

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I'm not sure why the 1911's get such hate.  Then again I've never fired one before, so maybe there's some reason behind people's animus towards them.

It's a pistol that punishes excessively bad grips on the gun, and dirt cheap knock offs didn't do favors for the reputation. Neither do the tight tolerance match guns that are prone to failure.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

People get caught up in what they like and criticize other for liking other things. It's juvenile if you take it seriously, comical if you can laugh at yourself. 

My 1911 has worked alright over the years and gets smoother and smoother every time I shoot it. I can see why some people really like them. 

2 hours ago, Jito463 said:

IMO. While I think the 1911 platform is a joy to shoot. To me, and many others, it's an outdated platform in which there are many others that are better. It's a single stack, single action, 45. This day in age with modern loads a 9mm offers the same terminal performance while carrying the same amount or more rounds. I think the 1911 gets the hate not that it's a bad pistol, but that of the fanboys who think that it and/or anything .45 or starting with a 4 is required, and that hate of those fanboys rubs onto the platform that many of them profess is king. That and like it's been said a couple posts before, it's a platform that has to be done right in order to function, and the cheap ones don't do it justice.

6 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

it's an outdated platform in which there are many others that are better. It's a single stack, single action, 45.

I'd disagree. Double stack .45ACP pistols are unwieldy, 9mm pistols are good, but for dropping a soft target, the .45ACP's heavier round has a better track record outside of basic ballistic testing. The Single action ( in combination of the dual safeties) is what allows the 1911 to be safely holstered with one in the chamber, hammer cocked. I'd say that for a platform outdated for the range, it's still one of the best systems for use off the range.

I'm also not all that concerned about the 7+1 capacity, .45ACP drops bodies and accuracy seems to historically be better when one doesn't have that many rounds in a magazine.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

15 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'd disagree. Double stack .45ACP pistols are unwieldy, 9mm pistols are good, but for dropping a soft target, the .45ACP's heavier round has a better track record outside of basic ballistic testing. The Single action ( in combination of the dual safeties) is what allows the 1911 to be safely holstered with one in the chamber, hammer cocked. I'd say that for a platform outdated for the range, it's still one of the best systems for use off the range.

I'm also not all that concerned about the 7+1 capacity, .45ACP drops bodies and accuracy seems to historically be better when one doesn't have that many rounds in a magazine.

Fine. I'll take the bait.

Better track record??? That's quite laughable. Sure when using ball and, by today's standards, crappy small caliber ammo sure. But like I said with MODERN loads. It has all but wiped out most of the lead that .45 enjoyed for quite some time. The goal of terminal results is putting a hole in something vital. When any 'size' of the whole argument has more or less been lost with modern loads, it comes down to having enough rounds to get that vital hit. We both know that accuracy, when it counts, TANKS, number of rounds available all but disappears in all but the select few who train THAT well. Face it, unfortunately, that doesn't happen with 99% of the population.

It's the safety, pure and simple, that allows a cocked and locked pistol in a holster. Not being single action.

These comments are EXACTLY why the 1911 seems to be hated on. Fanboys like you, making arguments that just don't hold water in the modern world.

I have two 1911’s, both made by Colt.  I personally prefer having a .45 over 9mm, but a lot of the hate seems to be from the Glock community, at least what I’ve seem.  Personally I prefer the 1911, and I’ll continue to own one.  Really don’t give a shit what others think.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

If there was (which I’m sure there is) a 9MM handgun with all the safeties in a 1911 but a high capacity magazine that doesn’t stick out the bottom of the gun, that would be a high quality defensive tool. Yeah there’s 4 safeties (grip, toggle, single action, trigger finger) but from my experience in an airsoft 1911 that has the same functionality of the real .45, it takes 2 minutes to figure out how to disable all safeties, and discharge the tool in 1 simotanious motion. But if you drop it, or bang it... that thing isn’t going off until you tell it to in my opinion. 

The 1911 is fairly big and heavy (not obnoxious) which makes it much easier to control. I’ve shot real 9mm and .22 pistols. I absolutely hate “tactical” pistols because they’re so light and have so much recoil. My favorite pistol is the mark 2 ruger target pistol in .22 lr. It’s so heavy and long that the gun hardly moves. 

I’m fairly certain a gun the size and weight of a 1911 shooting a round smaller than intended will have excellent recoil management.