Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
3 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

The seller threw in a factory safety that the 1991A1 came with (which is the mil spec safety).  So I could try that one.

As for the in theory portion, it was to cover before someone wanted to be a smartass.

Speaking of updates and variations of the 1911 design, I want a Korth PRS and/or 2011.

One's got all the goodies of the mil spec 1911 but with German engineering, and the other would be cheaper to shoot.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

The seller threw in a factory safety that the 1991A1 came with (which is the mil spec safety).  So I could try that one.

i hated the milspec safety. Chewed the shit out of my hand. I removed it and hand fitted a Wilson tactical and now the only thing i have to fix (minus the milspec ejector port) is the rear sight keeps flying off.

makes for a fun time at the bowling pin shoots!

would like to have a custom chambered in 223 TCM. looks interesting!

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

58 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

i hated the milspec safety. Chewed the shit out of my hand. I removed it and hand fitted a Wilson tactical and now the only thing i have to fix (minus the milspec ejector port) is the rear sight keeps flying off.

makes for a fun time at the bowling pin shoots!

would like to have a custom chambered in 223 TCM. looks interesting!

I have a milspec safety on my full size 1911, I've had zero issues with that.  Granted, it's a full sized handgun and not a compact.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

I have a milspec safety on my full size 1911, I've had zero issues with that.  Granted, it's a full sized handgun and not a compact.

I would not have gotten that 1911 that safety, looks uncomfortable, here is mine but I have a Kimber (best of 1911's imo) 

15232507055046777008726330276036.thumb.jpg.c969c74774ed814eab5a3ae325933e6e.jpg

This a full size of course but I have found the dove tail to be the best fit for any hand even my large hands.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

New duty purchase, S&W M&P 2.0. .40 cal

20180408_235053_004.thumb.jpg.9894b3623e6a92d09e474c14a99b0071.jpg

Going to have fun at the range, just need to order the new holster now.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I would not have gotten that 1911 that safety, looks uncomfortable, here is mine but I have a Kimber (best of 1911's imo) 

15232507055046777008726330276036.thumb.jpg.c969c74774ed814eab5a3ae325933e6e.jpg

This a full size of course but I have found the dove tail to be the best fit for any hand even my large hands.

It is uncomfortable.  As mentioned earlier, it bruised up my hand pretty well.

I didn't get the safety.  It came with the gun also.  I bought it used, the guy who the shop got it from installed that safety, they left the factory safety also.

Also, as for 1911's, nothing beats the original, Colt.  (Imo.  Also, both of mine are Colt).

7 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

It is uncomfortable.  As mentioned earlier, it bruised up my hand pretty well.

I didn't get the safety.  It came with the gun also.  I bought it used, the guy who the shop got it from installed that safety, they left the factory safety also.

Also, as for 1911's, nothing beats the original, Colt.  (Imo.  Also, both of mine are Colt).

Colts are nice but expensive... lol but then again Kimbers are getting expensive as well, I bought the one above for $720 usd about 15 yrs ago. I would  buy a colt but the one I want is running about $1100.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Colts are nice but expensive... lol but then again Kimbers are getting expensive as well, I bought the one above for $720 usd about 15 yrs ago. I would  buy a colt but the one I want is running about $1100.

Well my full sized 1911 I got for free since it was a birthday gift, and the compact I paid $450 for.  Up here, Kimbers are way overpriced for what they are.  My boss recently got one and I know he paid over $1000 for it at Scheel's.  I think he said he paid close to $1300 or $1400 for it.  This is off the top of my head though, I don't remember the exact number, I just know it was over $1000.

39 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Well my full sized 1911 I got for free since it was a birthday gift, and the compact I paid $450 for.  Up here, Kimbers are way overpriced for what they are.  My boss recently got one and I know he paid over $1000 for it at Scheel's.  I think he said he paid close to $1300 or $1400 for it.  This is off the top of my head though, I don't remember the exact number, I just know it was over $1000.

Wow, yeah I think kimbers prices have really gone up but I was told recently that they should be dropping again soon.. lol but I have the one I want and I can always rebuild it if I want different, parts are cheaper individually any how. I hope you get that saftey changed soon before it gouges you good.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

5 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Here, a Kimber goes for roughly $600 new. Remington goes for around $800-900 for a mil spec 1911.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

New duty purchase, S&W M&P 2.0. .40 cal

Going to have fun at the range, just need to order the new holster now.

Yay for the M&P. My own EDC is a M&P9c with Apex aluminum trigger and duty/carry parts kit. Topped with Trijicon's orange front night sight kit.

Debating getting a 2.0 Compact to replace it, just finding it so darn hard to justify that.

Your agency require the 40? Otherwise why go with that?

7 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Wow, yeah I think kimbers prices have really gone up but I was told recently that they should be dropping again soon.. lol but I have the one I want and I can always rebuild it if I want different, parts are cheaper individually any how. I hope you get that saftey changed soon before it gouges you good.

Lol, same here, I’m thinking of trying the factory safety on it first, since I already have that.

On 4/7/2018 at 8:52 PM, BurgerBum said:

So, WW1 and WW2 bolt action rifles anyone? 
They fascinate me. 

Same goes for old lever action rifles. 

Mosin Nagant, K98, K31

On 4/7/2018 at 8:52 PM, BurgerBum said:

So, WW1 and WW2 bolt action rifles anyone? 
They fascinate me. 

Same goes for old lever action rifles. 

That is all I mainly buy is WWI, WWII firearms. have a decent collection going on.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Here is my 1889 Schmidt-Rubin made in 1892. Thought some people would like to see my recent purchase. Ordered this from Edelweiss Arms 2 weeks ago.

IYxtiiz.jpg
rBVms1D.jpg
463RedK.jpg
YunkZRr.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Not directly gun related, but got my new bottle opener tonight.  I didn't take this photo (found it on eBay), but it looks the same as mine.

5acc0127742dc_.50calbottleopener.jpg.27e17c0477e05a071189e591f77e83fd.jpg

Unfortunately, it turns out that it's a replica .50 cal, not a real shell.  Still, it feels pretty solid.

20 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Not directly gun related, but got my new bottle opener tonight.  I didn't take this photo (found it on eBay), but it looks the same as mine.

[snip]

Unfortunately, it turns out that it's a replica .50 cal, not a real shell.  Still, it feels pretty solid.

i made one out of a 338LM case that was showing sighs of head separation. dunno where it is these days. switched to cans like a heathen.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, Poohy14 said:

Here is my 1889 Schmidt-Rubin made in 1892. Thought some people would like to see my recent purchase. Ordered this from Edelweiss Arms 2 weeks ago.

What kind of ammo are you planning on running through that?

8 hours ago, RedAV8R said:

What kind of ammo are you planning on running through that?

Is he planning on running ammo at all? 

Out of all the firearms I own and the ones I’ve shot, I have to say my favorite is still my Ruger 10/22.  It’s not the most powerful thing ever, but it’s reliable, durable, and I’ve never had it jam on me once.

I got it as a Christmas present many years ago from my stepdad, who I pretty much consider a dad.  It was his for many years and one of his favorite rifles also.  Eventually I’ll pass it down to my kid if I ever have one.

A977A735-06B2-4832-8496-58CC90EA019D.jpeg

5CF1C470-4F52-46B9-81B4-D843F0EE0DC0.jpeg

Sorry for the pinkish hue, don’t know why my phone did that

5 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Out of all the firearms I own and the ones I’ve shot, I have to say my favorite is still my Ruger 10/22.  It’s not the most powerful thing ever, but it’s reliable, durable, and I’ve never had it jam on me once.

I got it as a Christmas present many years ago from my stepdad, who I pretty much consider a dad.  It was his for many years and one of his favorite rifles also.  Eventually I’ll pass it down to my kid if I ever have one.

*SNIP*

Sorry for the pinkish hue, don’t know why my phone did that

10/22s are practically a right of passage around here. They are a truckload of fun for cheap. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I like my type-81 I finally got late last year. Scratches that ak itch without the felony charges (Canada).

On 4/10/2018 at 11:35 AM, Jito463 said:

Love is in the air.

Can I febreeze it away?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I put the factory grip safety back on.  I figure it can't be worse than that aftermarket one that the gun came with.  I'll give this a shot first (pun intended) and see if it helps.  If my hand ends up bruised up again, I'm buying a beaver tail safety.