Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
7 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

Too bad all my stuff fell of my boat to the bottom of Lake Havasu.

Boating accidents are a plague amongst this pastime. :( 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

26 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

I always have wanted to go before.

Ahem....

JUST DO IT! 

I'm trying to prioritize my shopping list. If y'all had $2,500 to drop on a firearm, would you get a:

Custom DEagle chambered in .357 Magnum

Complete SHTF .50 cal single shot rifle

SHTF .50 can mag fed upper that mounts to an AR15 lower

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

22 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'm trying to prioritize my shopping list. If y'all had $2,500 to drop on a firearm, would you get a:

no.

no.

no.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

21 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

None of those above.
None of them are what I'll call efficient firearms. IMI = Big, heavy, obnoxious. 50BMG. Too much for up close. To big for distance. Because shooting at distance is tough. Also depends on what you have right now.

11 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

no.

no.

no.

Let me put it this way, after my next AR build, my next firearm purchase is gping to be one of those three things.

11 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

None of them are what I'll call efficient firearms

Because god forbid I have a gun just for the fun of shooting it.

12 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

IMI = Big, heavy, obnoxious

IMI hasn't produced the DEagle for quite some time. The .357 barrel is also lighter and smaller, though I prefer larger pistols anyways.

13 minutes ago, RedAV8R said:

50BMG. Too much for up close. To big for distance. Because shooting at distance is tough. Also depends on what you have right now.

Again, its for the funs. Also, in case I ever deside to murder the V8 in my Dakota (after replacing it).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

i have a DE in 44mag. it is absolutely unwieldy and i haven't fired it in YEARS. Ammunition is expensive and reloading for it is finicky.

the one i problem i have with anything chambered in .50 Cal is the cartridges. if you don't reload, you will go broke shooting it. Even if you do reload, you need specialty reloading equipment (heavy duty press, etc) and supplies are always 1/2 to 1/4 of the quantity you'd get for twice the price. It's also impractical as most private ranges will not allow you to shoot your 50BMG there. 50 BMG uppers for AR15's DO NOT last long. the AR15 receiver is simply not robust enough to handle the recoil produced by a 500-700gr projectile. They are also INCREDIBLY CONCUSSIVE. There is absolutely nothing fun about shooting 50 BMG, save perhaps by the results down range.

I suppose if you absolutely HAD TO HAVE one of the above, and you're asking me what i'd buy out of that list, considering all i have currently is a basic AR15, would be the DE in 357 mag.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Demolition Ranch did a video on the new Desert Eagle, he said it does a lot to tame the .357.

2 hours ago, knightslugger said:

i have a DE in 44mag. it is absolutely unwieldy and i haven't fired it in YEARS. Ammunition is expensive and reloading for it is finicky.

the one i problem i have with anything chambered in .50 Cal is the cartridges. if you don't reload, you will go broke shooting it. Even if you do reload, you need specialty reloading equipment (heavy duty press, etc) and supplies are always 1/2 to 1/4 of the quantity you'd get for twice the price. It's also impractical as most private ranges will not allow you to shoot your 50BMG there. 50 BMG uppers for AR15's DO NOT last long. the AR15 receiver is simply not robust enough to handle the recoil produced by a 500-700gr projectile. They are also INCREDIBLY CONCUSSIVE. There is absolutely nothing fun about shooting 50 BMG, save perhaps by the results down range.

I suppose if you absolutely HAD TO HAVE one of the above, and you're asking me what i'd buy out of that list, considering all i have currently is a basic AR15, would be the DE in 357 mag.

While I’ve never gotten the chance to fire one, I know quite a few people who have fired .50 BMG.  Every single one has said it was fun to fire, but also gotta remember muzzle brakes help a lot, among other things.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Demolition Ranch did a video on the new Desert Eagle, he said it does a lot to tame the .357.

That's actually where I learned about the newish .357 DEagles.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

While I’ve never gotten the chance to fire one, I know quite a few people who have fired .50 BMG.  Every single one has said it was fun to fire, but also gotta remember muzzle brakes help a lot, among other things.

I bet they'd be just as pleased squeezing off a round of 6.5 Creed from a precision rifle all the same. My father owns a pair of .338 Lapua  Magnums, and we don't really shoot them much anymore. it's a hoot listening to the round impact steel at 1/2 a mile, but even with the muzzle brakes, it sucks. plus the brass doesn't last long so it gets pretty darn pricy.

System specs:

15 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Deagle, but from your 410 shotgun I’d say you’ve had enough custom guns that suck and I wouldn’t risk it. 

If you don’t have an AK, if say that’s where the money should go. 

You feel all the parts moving in the gun and everything it’s omg. 

4 hours ago, fpo said:

but from your 410 shotgun I’d say you’ve had enough custom guns that suck and I wouldn’t risk it.

The 410 is a stock gun.

4 hours ago, fpo said:

If you don’t have an AK, if say that’s where the money should go. 

You feel all the parts moving in the gun and everything it’s omg. 

I have one. Most disappointing gun I've ever shot, including the 410. Owning an AK with anything less than a 100rd drum is not worth it in my opinion, and they stopped selling those drums a long time ago.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I have now heard from a few different retailers that the SureFire M600DF (1500 Lumen Scout light) will be publicly available on 11 April. I hope that turns out to be true, I 've been needing a new rifle light for a while. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

On 4/5/2018 at 10:58 AM, Drak3 said:

The  SHTF upper, no question!

On 4/4/2018 at 12:01 PM, RedAV8R said:

Well damn. Been here 3 months and just now finding this topic.

This and the car thread have some of the best communities on this forum. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Going to the boss’s place again.  After cleaning and checking everything out on my AR from last time, I’m hoping it works now.  I’m going to start with the factory mag, just in case, JUST IN CASE, it’s a feeding issue.  That one should be guaranteed to work the most out of all my AR mags.  

Wish me luck.

So, WW1 and WW2 bolt action rifles anyone? 
They fascinate me. 

Same goes for old lever action rifles. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

1 minute ago, BurgerBum said:

Mostly the M1903 Springfield, as issued by the Marines, Lee Enfield, and Kar98K.

2 minutes ago, BurgerBum said:

They're...alright. Not something I'd own more than one or two of.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

20 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Mostly the M1903 Springfield, as issued by the Marines, Lee Enfield, and Kar98K.

They're...alright. Not something I'd own more than one or two of.

I want to eventually aquite a K31... 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

12 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Going to the boss’s place again.  After cleaning and checking everything out on my AR from last time, I’m hoping it works now.  I’m going to start with the factory mag, just in case, JUST IN CASE, it’s a feeding issue.  That one should be guaranteed to work the most out of all my AR mags.  

Wish me luck.

I've missed out. What issues are you having on your AR?

11 hours ago, BurgerBum said:

They fascinate me. 

Oh absolutely, generally make great rifles. I reload for everything rifle so tuning a load can go a long way. I had a Lee-Enfield in 303. Not the greatest shape, had I had it longer would have done some work to it. SO FUN to shoot.

10 hours ago, BurgerBum said:

I want to eventually aquite a K31... 

YES YES YES. DO IT! And get yourself as much GP11 Surplus as you can find. We are talking match quality and accuracy.

So a few things.  

I took my mom's new pistol out there to break it in, it's a little Taurus chambered in .380.  It's not a bad concealed carry pistol considering it's very budget price.  I only have two gripes with it really, even with my smaller hands, my pinkie hung off the grip and as a result I could never hold it properly, and the second one is that it has the longest and heaviest trigger pull I've ever dealt with.  You really have to want to shoot this thing to get it to fire, which I guess is a good idea in concealed carry, won't go off in the holster then.

Took my compact 1911 out again, I was trying to get used to that thing.  It kicks harder, obviously, shorter barrel and all.  But that fucking safety, I couldn't get used to it.  (for those who don't know, 1911's have a safety built into the grip, basically, you actually have to hold the gun right [in theory], to fire.)  That safety actually bruised up my hand. 

image.jpg

That's how the safety is on my compact 1911, as you can see, it's pointed down, so it wedge's into my hand.  The gun came with this safety.

519J1I2bDdL._SL1000_.jpg

So I'm looking at something like this that curves up.  Maybe then it will dig in less.  I can handle the kick, but that safety is beating me up.

As for my shotgun, oh it's fun.  I first tried it with my boss's 2 3/4" shells.  Not so bad, what I expected.  I used the shells I bought, 3 inch, high brass magnums, according to the box.  I loaded 5 in.  I was expecting a bigger kick, but damn, it hurt, lol.  It hit me hard.  I shouldered the shotgun perfectly, like my stance, the way I was holding it, everything, couldn't get more textbook.  I know I'll get used to it over time though.

As for my AR-15.  First magazine, the factory 10 round magazine.  Perfect.  The 20 round military surplus magazine, perfect.  The first 30 round magazine.   5 or 6 rounds in, bolt locks open.  It did it again, shell stuck in the chamber.  Last time the shell was perfectly intact.  This time though:

image.jpg

Extractor caught it, but it was lodged in there so tight, that part of the shell tore off.  At least, that's my guess.

I took out that brand of ammo from my giant ammo can filled with .223 and 5.56. 

i'm tellin ya, that's bad headspacing bruddah!

System specs:

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

That's how the safety is on my compact 1911, as you can see, it's pointed down, so it wedge's into my hand.  The gun came with this safety.

The mil spec grip safety is the best, IMO. 

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

you actually have to hold the gun right [in theory], to fire.) 

I'd say it works extremely well in practice.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

32 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The mil spec grip safety is the best, IMO. 

I'd say it works extremely well in practice.

The seller threw in a factory safety that the 1991A1 came with (which is the mil spec safety).  So I could try that one.

As for the in theory portion, it was to cover before someone wanted to be a smartass.