Is pc gaming really the best solution for gaming ?

karimhasebou

I switched from last gen consoles to a pc so i can enjoy titles such as witcher 3, assassin's creed and shadow of mordor thinking that high fps and resolution are the only factors that matter. I found that the transition was far from seamless with games failing to work because of missing files and more problems. This lead me to think what are the benefits of console and pc gaming. what are the benifits of each in your opinion ? (am just interested in seeing everyone's opinion, please don't take it personally as an attack on pc or consoles.)

Here are my thoughs:

Pc 

• having a powerful machine is nice in terms of having the option to do several other tasks other than gaming
  • having the opportunity to upgrade the hardware so i  can enjoy the latest titles in high res and fps
  • experience of building a machine is a joy in itself

Console:

• games work directly without having to search for missing files and so on
  • games are highy optimized for the hardmare meaning that with low console specs some great milestones can be reached (Last of us)
  • (Highly subjective) consoles offer more and better exclusives for the genre of games i play 

There's so many of these threads this isn't rocket science..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

yes pcamster race

i keep reading that and for sure pc wins for productivity but as for gaming it has both its pros and cons. Am interested to know what people think of this

Console:

• games work directly without having to search for missing files and so on
  • games are highy optimized for the hardmare meaning that with low console specs some great milestones can be reached (Last of us)
  • (Highly subjective) consoles offer more and better exclusives for the genre of games i play 

- Not entirely true, because consoles now have day 1 patches and sometimes don't work.

- Meh, if you like fps drops and no AA that is. With PC you can change it around all you want. But your point is still kinda true.

- 2subjective4me.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The thing is iv'e never had an issue with the first thing you have for pro-consoles... It's really only an issue if you're on WiFi with a shitty router/ mod the hell out of games (Which is another pro of PC). This can also happen to people on consoles.

I agree with the optimizations part tho. It's much easier for Devs to optimize for 2 architectures and GPUs.

Really only 1 objective reasoning for consoles, which really doesn't count as a "Pro". Just saying that games MAY run better. But as games like AC:U will show you, that doesn't always happen.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

The benefits of pcs to me is that I have rarely used a console for more than 2 hours. I got a PS3 3 years ago and I only use the controller connected to my PC. I have more experience with PC's and I find it easier to navigate through files. I like the multitasking that comes with PCs. As for gaming well I can't compare for consoles to PC because as I mentioned I haven't played demanding games on my PS3 or games at all for more than 2 hours

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

Not always, depends on what games you want to play, consoles have a few great games coming up, I wouldn't personally get a console just yet (xb1/ps4) because I think the line up is poor, but games like horizon zero dawn, uncharted look great on the PS4 side, on the xbox one side there is forza, halo, gears of war. I prefer PC but doesn't mean its the best option for everyone.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

PC gaming, far from perfect, but I feel more "free" with PC gaming. I don't know, I just feel like in control whereas in consoles is like what they give you and that's it. I like to mod, I like my 1440p, I like my 60 fps, I like free online and I like using mouse and keyboard.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

i keep reading that and for sure pc wins for productivity but as for gaming it has both its pros and cons. Am interested to know what people think of this

the only con for pc is price other than that the pc beats consel in every way

PC

Don't pay for internet connexion

Free games 

Done

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

I used to be a console player. I personally think that moving to a PC was and still is the best decision Ive made in terms of game playing and usability.

Not saying that from a "PC is the best fuck the rest" perspective either.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This is a tech forum. Everyone on here without a doubt will say something along the lines of...

"PcMasterRace"

or "PC best gaming 2012"

In reality, it does have its draw backs, like, no Halo, or no uhh... other exclusives (i really only care about halo) But it offers a more quality gaming experience, and a far more diverse one than any other platform available. For a truely, "Next Generation" gaming experience, it's PC all the way, and always will be, despite how hard Nvidia tries to make their own console.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

troll?

not trolling , just wondering what people think of pc and consoles

not trolling , just wondering what people think of pc and consoles

there's hundreds of thread like that all over the internet .-. 

there's hundreds of thread like that all over the internet .-. 

but most are just crappy fights about one side trying to prove the other wrong. i started this thread just so the pros and cons of each side.

had to

try not to make it about pcmaster race or console ftw. the purpose of this thread is to be critically think  

try not to make it about pcmaster race or console ftw. the purpose of this thread is to be critically think  

the pc is better and cheaper (thanks lord gaben) the only problem is as you said with the missing files or errors is that is the biggest headache ever

I didn't know what to put here...

PC

• Upgradable
  • Higher graphic fidelity
  • Higher framerate
  • Larger selection of games / backwards compatibility
  • Mods
  • No subscriptions (Unless of course it's an MMO)
  • More bang for your buck
  • Steam and Galaxy sales

Console

• Controller is more comfy (Despite PC can use controller most PC games don't have aim assist to make it even worth it)
  • Don't have to know how to assemble a computer
  • Some really epic tier exclusives like Halo
  • More comfortable to play on in general
  • Can order my Xbox One around like my personal bitch boy
  • Can double as a multi-media PC to stream netflix and such on the living room TV 

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

God, the PC Mustard Race is a tumor to the community.

The one reason I really enjoy PCs over consoles is that one promotes thinking more than the other. It's not always easier and cheaper owning a PC, but the advantage to it is just that. You solve your problems or figure out how to, you learn how to think, you become more literate in technology. It's sad looking at people and seeing how genuinely technologically illiterate they are, I've met people who didn't understand the difference between uninstalling a program and deleting a shortcut. As centered around electronics as we are on this planet, that shouldn't be the case for anyone. Being able to build a PC and diagnose the issues yourself teaches you a lot more than knowing how to open a web browser and playing a game.

As far as gaming, there's not a difference between a console and a PC. Anyone who'll argue otherwise is kidding themselves.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

First of, fuck the pcmr.

And no pc is not perfect and it might not be ideal for people that can't afford it nor build one, sure there are pre-builds but they cost a tad more.

However pc provide more freedom and on the long run is cheaper. On top of that it's more versatile.

As for console games just working, I have to disagree, there are issues even on the console games, not as bad as on Pc but they are there.

If your casual person that only play games once a week out of boredom then a console might be more ideal. Or your smartphone....

The two people above me provide better info, read that :P