Most annoying situations while working with your PC

Freeeeezy

What are the most frustrating things you guys have had to deal with while building, doing maintenance, or just using your computer?

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

What are the most frustrating things you guys have had to deal with while building, doing maintenance, or just using your computer?

Trying to install a unsupported OS on a older OEM computer...  Drivers are never there...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Getting asked to pause an online game... Internet cutting off... The usual...

Processor : i7-6700k (stock speed)

Cooler : Hyper 212X

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z170

RAM : 4x4gb LPX Memory

Boot Device : Samsung 860 EVO

GPU : ZOTAC 1070 Extreme

PSU :Antec HCG-620M

When you need to see something small and there is never enough friggin' light.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

The worst was Using Ubuntu 12.04 as a temporary OS back when i had my old C2D E7300 Build, did nothing but b**** at me all day

Install this to make this work....then the thing doesn't work.

I installed win 7 quicker than an electronic rabbit photo.jpg,

thankfully i had my old Athlon 3800+ HP available so i could wipe the drive.

bare in mind this was a few years ago and i wasn't as tech savvy.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Fancy ROG motherboard refused to POST when a ps4 controller is plugged in via USB.

you tell me how much sense that makes.

i called ASUS, they told me to buy a new BIOS chip.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Yours are all so trivial.

I sliced my arm open

fDApRLu.jpg

UHhAjqq.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

post-187531-0-09654400-1435643075.jpg

Frickin' USB headers in cheap cases.

And of course when the motherboard manufacturer is too lazy to label any of the headers on the board itself.

Or places a RAM slot so close to the PCI-E slot that it now becomes tetris to install anything.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

MxLel.jpg

attachicon.gifinstusb6.jpg

Frickin' USB headers in cheap cases.

And of course when the motherboard manufacturer is too lazy to label any of the headers on the board itself.

Or places a RAM slot so close to the PCI-E slot that it now becomes tetris to install anything.

This! Took me almost an hour to figure out with friends who had already built their own computers!

I sliced my arm open

fDApRLu.jpg

UHhAjqq.jpg

How in the HELL did you manage that?

When you try to go into your PC trying to plug in that fan but you accidentally unplug your main hard drive in the process, while it's still on

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This! Took me almost an hour to figure out with friends who had already built their own computers!

How in the HELL did you manage that?

Long story, here's a link. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/328475-my-first-build-log-also-my-worst/

Sorry but I just had to do this 

iHUf4.jpg

lol

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

trying to plug a fan into the top fan header on my mobo.  There is a fan and a CPU cooler in between it.  Good thing I have small hands! :D

I sliced my arm open

Wait how ?

Ooh ... I can see a glimpse of your joint , how deep it is ? 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Wait how ?

Ooh ... I can see a glimpse of your joint , how deep it is ? 

You actually can't.

Those googly eyes he put on the image are about 2/3 cm below my wrist. It's more likely my bone.

Most annoying, probably not having a good ergonomic chair. I usually have to reposition my ass. God I want a gaming chair so bad.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Dust.. dust... DUST EVERYWHERE.. CAN'T GET IT OFF !!!! :( :(  :(.. and even when I do. IT COMES BACK.

OH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF#$@#%@#%#%

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Static shock.

It doesn't matter how fast you run, there are some demons you just can't escape...