Unofficial R9 Fury X reviews master post.

marldorthegreat
all the hype.... month's of waiting... and it's still getting rekt by the 980 ti at 1440p and 1080p (@4K it does hold its own)

i hope the air cooled version overclocks well, because if it doesn't, the 980 ti will stomp it. again.

This was my biggest worry. I had a CM AIO a couple years ago and the pump (not the fan) had a very faint high-pitched hum that drove me banana's and I eventually threw the thing in the garbage.

Ryan from PCper confirmed my worst nightmare in that the FuryX AIO pump has the same high-pitched hum, which he said a lot of reviewers noticed as well. I'm not paying money to hear that noise ever again. He mentioned AMD are working to reduce that noise, but I don't buy it.

It's 2Khz most likely and yeah, human hearing is most sensitive around that point.

Yeah but that is an unfair comparison. Wait for the r9 fury cards to come out....

the fury is slower than the fury x

it seams to be trading blows with  980ti lossing some beating others.....its not good enough though...it needed to be beat the 980ti by a mile or be much cheaper

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

the fury is slower than the fury x

it seams to be trading blows with  980ti lossing some beating others.....its not good enough though...it needed to be beat the 980ti by a mile or be much cheaper

I bet AMD wanted this card out september last year. BUT hbm was delayed slightly so had to wait. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I'm very skeptical of the Fury X's longevity. Those Cooler Master pumps aren't know for their reliability.

Tru dat. It looks relatively simple to mod for other AIO coolers though

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just read the TechpowerUp review, the Fury X handles its own in over half of the games at 4k vs. the 980ti.

I think the price should have been around $600, but $650 is not that bad at all.

Also I love all the "AMD is dead" posts, God damn this is a great card AMD just put out, but since it didn't blow 980ti out of the water it somehow kills the whole company? LOL, yeah sure.

i only counted 10/21 going to the fury  and .1 ahead is not a win or a loss  it within margin of error along with any other scores withing 2 fps

with the exception of the copper tubing over the VRM's, that would require some tinkering.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

But will have non-referance pcbs and coolers.

That won't change anything if the FuryX with OC on water can't even beat it.

RTX2070OC 

That won't change anything if the FuryX with OC on water can't even beat it.

yeah, since it's already on water it should have been 10%+ ahead, because that's how much 980ti with non reference cooler gains.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What a let down. New architecture, new memory technology and months of hype...yet performs no better than the similarly priced Nvidia equivalent.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

>low memory

>card VRM hits 100C when under heavy load (and warms up the motherboard pci-e slot to 90C to boot!)

>lack of OC headroom

>still falls behind 980Ti in most benchmarks

"The card drops its clock rate immediately under a full load though, suggesting that it's not a slowly rising temperature limiting frequency. Rather, the high power consumption triggers a self-defense mechanism instead."

Holy shit this card is a failure.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

After the Fury X reviewers guide leaked out over the weekend, showing comparisons to the GTX 980 Ti with Fiji edging it out in nearly all of the demonstrated games, I had some hope that AMD could pull it off.

Yeah gee didn't see that one coming.  They probably put the 980Ti in a hotbox so it never went into boost and were like "hey look we beat them!".

AMD has a track record of releasing cherry picked benchmarks that don't reflect reality.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Warranty goes out the window though and on an AMD card, that's what I'd want.

Looks like it needs a $50 price cut to be competitive. :/

Nvidia monopoly within two years... The new architecture in the 400 series better be a hit.

Was really hoping that this card would spank Nvidia so that they both up their game but it's only slapped 980ti then ran away :(

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

Warranty goes out the window though and on an AMD card, that's what I'd want.

and if you start modding 980ti instantly just becomes a better choice.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Okay NOW I'm slightly disappointed. The performance at stock with immature drivers is what I expected, but they never opened up GPU voltage control in time for reviews?

That is weak. Hopefully they do it soon, or I might have to go with Fury non-X instead. At least it bodes well for the $550 Fury, which should beat its closest Nvidia competitor reliably.

So I changed my order in time, thankfully. Nvidia is still not an option, because of the lack of good and cheap 1440p G-sync monitors. (Also I'm sick of Nvidia acting like Apple)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Seems to hit a driver bottleneck in the lesser demanding situations. That or a VRAM bottleneck. I hope someone will test it with games under windows 10, where there is a lot less CPU overhead.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

there it be.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

AnandTech - no review yet, but found the product comparison: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1496?vs=1513

Ywhj5he.png

Is that a stock Ti? If so, overclock that bitch and see the Ti pull away.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

So where is this massive difference difference between HBM and GDDR5? Doesn't seem so revolutionary to me.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I can see why people could feel let down by these numbers, hoping in crushing the competition, but overall Fiji looks like a good start. I'll look forward to how this matures, some actual overclocking numbers would be nice.