Square Enix E3 Press Conference - Full Coverage

Bouzoo

maxresdefault.jpg

This was the one I was actually quite interested in since it has so many good games I want so I thought I'd cover it. Haven't found a single thread on most of these games. Firstly of all, here is the full press.

Then let's get started (since there are too many youtube videos, not all want to show as players).

Just Cause 3

just-cause-3.jpg

It's gonna be huge and bonkers. I don't think there is a thing you won't be able to destroy. Just cause 2 was one of the most repetitive games for me and I got bored very quickly, but this looks much better

In the latest Just Cause, Rico Rodriguez returns to "his mother's homeland" of Medici where once again he will overthrow a malicious dictator hellbent on global domination. Rico, of course, wants to return the tropical setting to it's beautiful and relaxed past. And he will do this by attaching four helicopters together so they crash into and obliterate a vital bridge.

In the footage shown at E3 2015, we see the player destroying everything in the world: satellites, bridges, military vehicles. You know, whatever a small island nation needs to maintain its independence. The game features "unlimited C4."

Vehicles include monster trucks, construction vehicles, planes, battleships, and F1 cars along with who knows what else. And of course, at one point in the footage Rico appears to surf on an ICBM.

The game will span 400 square miles of virtual space, and include various modes, including "Crash the Bomb" which I mean sure why not. Just Cause 3 will add new features, including a wing suit, an upgraded grappling hook that allows for multiple grappling lines to be connect objects in the world.

Just Cause 3 is scheduled for release on December 1st on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Source

Rise of the Tomb Raider

unnamed.png

Sequel to the 2013 Tom Raider, the game that was praised and praised, and deserved every praise it could get. This time, it's gonna be a XBOX timed exclusive and it looks really great. Instead of a deserted island, this time we're in the mountains, although which ones hasn't been revealed yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhVax_1tKd0

Kam Yu, who is the lead game designer stationed at Crystal Dynamics, stated that fine, granular details were added in order to display the transition of how Lara Croft phases through the unforgiving environment, ranging from the snowy peaks, to the catacombs of the prophet’s tomb.

orton had stated that due to the survival genre, players will be required to improvise enemy engagement tactics, as well as use make shift weapons and explosions in order to proceed forward. Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out this fall on November 10 as a timed exclusive for the Xbox One and Xbox 360. PS4 and PC versions are slated to release some time later next year.

Gameplay video if you're missed it (taken from Microsoft press conference).

Source

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Deus-Ex-Mankind.jpg

Probably one of the most expected games of E3. Sequel to the superb 2011 Human Revolution, you're again in the role of Adam Jensen and you're more dangerous than ever. You'll have a lot of new gadgets so expect to have some fun. And the game itself looks amazing. Again we can see the gold/black design combo and it's awesome.

The game will take place in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the Aug Incident that took place in Panchaea. Following the death of millions, a colossal rift has emerged between people with augmentations and those without, and in keeping with the political theme, there are other parties who plan to use the turmoil to further their own agenda.

Source

Final Fantasy VII REMAKE

Final-Fantasy-7-Remake.jpg

Yes there is a separate thread about this game but I can't not mention it. It's a remake of the probably the most asked remake in the history of everything, the famous FF VII. It looks like it's gonna be a PS4 timed exclusive and it's gonna be prettier than Advent Children. Can't ask for more right?

Boyes revealed that Tetsuya Nomura would be directing the remake, with scenario writer Kazuhige Nojima and producer Yoshinori Kitase also contributing. The game will be aptly named: Final Fantasy VII Remake. The CG trailer showed familiar faces, Cloud and Barret, walking through the slums of Midgar. The game will potentially land on other consoles, but it will be available first on PlayStation 4.

Source

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

heavensword_610.jpg

I played this game for a long and it's amazing as it gets. So many things to do with most importantly, great community. And now we have it's first expansion. I'll probably gonna get back into it since it's getting only better and better.

The entire Square-Enix presentation at E3 didn’t cover Final Fantasy XIV‘s upcoming expansion, but that’s all right. Why? Well, for one thing, early access starts up in less than three days. For another, the launch trailer for Heavensward is now available, and it’s everything that fans could hope for and more.

Want some hints of story? It’s in there, right down to an ominous phrase at the end that will be familiar to series fans. A preview of class abilities and new third-level limit breaks? Yes indeed. Gorgeous visuals? Uh-huh. So jump on down below and check it out.

Source

Kingdom Hearts III

kingdom_hearts_3_logo_by_samndon-d59fyv7

This is one of those games fans think they will never get, but today we saw some gameplay. It's happening and you know you're waiting for it. It's colorful as ever as ever and it looks amazing (expecting Sephiroth fight :D).

Some new details about Kingdom Hearts 3 showed up today in a colorful, action-packed trailer at E3 2015. Kingdom Hearts 3, which fuses the worlds of Final Fantasy and Disney (including, we've learned, the film Tangled), has been on the back burner for several years now. Square Enix officially announced the game in 2013, but it was absent at last year's E3. Director Tetsuya Nomura has said it will conclude the central conflict of Kingdom Hearts, but not the series itself, since "only the particular enemy they have been fighting the past 10 years will come to an end."

Source

Hitman

vlcsnap-2015-06-15-21h22m08s712.0.0.png

Agent 47 is back again and he's deadlier than ever. It looks to me like it might be more "open world" than Absolution. Well at least I hope it is. Even though I haven't played many Hitman games (totally 2), I'm gonna check this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCJgiseYwxw

Today, Square Enix announced at their own E3 showcase that Hitman will release on December 8 digitally, and that the game will “continually grow and evolve over time.” IO Interactive promise to continuously develop and add new levels and missions to the game over time. Oh, and we also got a lovely new story trailer too.

The rep talked about a scenario where a hit would have, say, a 48-hour deadline, and succeed or fail that outcome will be final; if your target gets away, they’re gone for good, if they die, they’re dead for good. There are also “hundreds of thousands of high-quality community-created projects” and hundreds of elements to your missions.

Source

Lara Croft Go

LaraCroftGo.jpg

Did you really expected no phone/tablet would be announced? It's a really simple game, about solving puzzles. The game has a beautiful and simple design, might wanna check it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvr6wtNC4Y

Whereas Tomb Raider traditionally has been about action and adventure, with Go the emphasis is on beautiful, clean visuals and simple puzzles. While the footage showed off still has Croft navigating caves and jungle ruins, it's a much simpler kind of game, calling to mind not only the Hitman spinoff but the atmosphere and serene score of games like Monument Valley. There's no word yet on release date or which devices the game will be available on, but Hitman Go and its sequel are both available on iOS and Android, and we imagine the same will be true here.

Source

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

star_ocean_integrity_and_faithlessness_e

I'll be honest. I know nothing about this game and haven't played a single part so... I'll just post it. Only thing I can say is that it's a JRPG (wow, how did I get that).

I'll post a better trailer with the subs when I find one

https://youtu.be/RkJCYGVYxeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STcSi_Fvzxs

The trailer featured some gameplay from the upcoming JRPG. Numerous scenes were shown in the gameplay trailer, featuring characters battling monsters and aliens in a number of different environments, including a desert environment, a coastal one, and a forest one.

Square Enix also took some time to talk about the upcoming game’s cutscenes — and mentioned that some cutscenes will by dynamic and some will be standard, which will hopefully make the game less movie-like, and more game-like. The video showed at the conference was captured at 30 fps, but Square Enix noted that the finished product will run at 60 fps.

Star Ocean  5: Integrity and Faithlessness will be heading to the West sometime in 2016, and will hit Japan in winter of this year.

Source

NieR New Project

nier_logo_fx_jpeg.jpg

I've never played the original NieR, nor did I knew the sequel was coming but here it is. It's gonna be a third person action RPG (JRPG obviously). Don't want to talk nonsense so I'll just leave this game be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH26BfSo7co

Square Enix has just announced a new Nier game, in development at Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising studio Platinum Games.

The game is produced by Yosuke Saito, who also produced the original. The director is Yoko Taro and MGR designer Takahisa Taura is on board, along with Drakenguard composer Keiichi Okabe.

The game was confirmed for PlayStation 4 via the banner shown, and as of press time, we’re unsure if it is a PS4 exclusive or is coming to Xbox One as well.

More information on the game is promised for the fall.

Source

I'm sure I have missed a lot of things so please post them or tell me if I haven't seen something. Boy was this was time consuming. Hope you like it.

EDIT:

Added

• Just Cause 3 gameplay video
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Dawn Engine tech demo
Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Nice work.

I felt the presenters were a little awkward though. Translating wasn't on target for a bit, and the accent is hard to understand.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I just scrolled through because I don't have time to read it all now, Kingdom Hearts 3? People are going to lose their minds.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

The King is dead! (GTA V)
Long live the King! (JUST CAUSE 3)

That looks really promising. I really like the destruction of enviroment.

(M. Bay wet dream game).

I was hoping for some type of Sleeping Dogs sequel. :(

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Overall interesting, Mainly looking forward for just cause 3

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If any of the games allow full terrain destruction, count me as being hyped.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So much lovely TressFX in these games. I guess they gave Agent 47 some HairWorks :lol: .. I kid I kid.

I'm a bit disappointed that Deus Ex, is not until Q1 2016. I hoped to get in in the fall or maybe holidays. Anyways, can't wait for it. Looks amazing.

I enjoyed Tomb Raider a lot, so I will be getting this, when it hits the pc. I hope the exclusive part, is just on the console side, but I doubt it.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Wow imo Square Enix killed everyone else, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 3, FFVII Remake, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and even a new Hitman!? 

I'm gonna be so poor when all these games are out  :unsure:

I just hope Kingdom Hearts and FFVII release in Japanese with English subs (As an option) because I can't stand the voice acting when it's in English :/

(Thanks for the thread btw, I had to miss the Square Enix part of the conference, and didn't have the time to watch the whole video!) 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Holy hell that Just Cause 3 trailer took its self way too seriously.

I kept waiting for there to be a record scratch and Rico to interrupt and say something like "Dude, I'm just here to blow shit up" and it to turn into a fun montage of Rico laughing and yelling as things were destroyed around him.

Also, GODDAMMITWHEREISTHEMULTIPLAYER?!.

If ever there was a game that should have c0-op or multiplayer it is Just Cause.

Wow imo Square Enix killed everyone else, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 3, FFVII Remake, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and even a new Hitman!? 

I'm gonna be so poor when all these games are out  :unsure:

As far as games go, Bethesda and SE destroyed E3 this year. They are on a killstreak, and no one can get in their way  :lol:

Also, GODDAMMITWHEREISTHEMULTIPLAYER?!.

If ever there was a game that should have c0-op or multiplayer it is Just Cause.

I think it's coming, just not at launch.

That Lara Croft model is off the hook, it's insane what kind of detail we can achieve real time now

Stoked for Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Just Cause in order of descending stokedness.  Square Enix is killing it with the third person action games.

FFVII remake has obvious OMGBBQ quality to it, but enh... I don't see it.  Final Fantasy hasn't done anything for me for over a decade now.  The new ones suck.  If they're going to copypasta FF7 story, update the textures, and slap FF13 style combat to it, garbage.  If it's just a remaster type thing, same game but nicely updated models.  Probably a better idea, but worth the effort?  Many older gamers will buy it out of obligation but I don't see how they'll attract the new gamers.  Wait and see, I suppose.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Stoked for Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Just Cause in order of descending stokedness.  Square Enix is killing it with the third person action games.

FFVII remake has obvious OMGBBQ quality to it, but enh... I don't see it.  Final Fantasy hasn't done anything for me for over a decade now.  The new ones suck.  If they're going to copypasta FF7 story, update the textures, and slap FF13 style combat to it, garbage.  If it's just a remaster type thing, same game but nicely updated models.  Probably a better idea, but worth the effort?  Many older gamers will buy it out of obligation but I don't see how they'll attract the new gamers.  Wait and see, I suppose.

I played the XV demo and liked it a lot. Not your usual FF but it's quite good. I hope they will not change the fight mechanic in VII, actually I'm quite sure they won't, because you know what fans would do to them.  :lol: 

I suppose we'' have to wait until TGS and see (if we're gonna see a gameplay trailer, it's gonna be there).

I think it's coming, just not at launch.

That seems rather noncommittal, but it is better than nothing I suppose.

That seems rather noncommittal, but it is better than nothing I suppose.

With game that has 400 square miles, I can see how they might have problems with all features.  :lol:

Eidos is streaming Deus Ex @ http://www.twitch.tv/deusex right now.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Eidos is streaming Deus Ex @ http://www.twitch.tv/deusex right now.

It was what I expected it to be, I like it already.

I've been going about this whole day in a stupor, still can't believe FFVII is being remade. I AM SO ^%(^*#@ PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!  My one wish is that we have the option to disable voices and make it the text game like in '97, because Barrett won't be nearly as funny if spoken aloud.

My jaw literally dropped when I saw the model of Lara Croft in the new TR game

Shame it's Xbox One exclusive, hope it's just timed

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

My jaw literally dropped when I saw the model of Lara Croft in the new TR game

Shame it's Xbox One exclusive, hope it's just timed

Timed only 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

post-21562-0-11288700-1434539698.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

What the hell happened to Agent 47's face...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

What the hell happened to Agent 47's face...

The franchise got older, he became younger. It's basically the next Benjamin Button game with guns.