AMD - A New Era In PC Gaming

Opcode

Um, no. He's as objective as they come. And if you have proof of that, please do post it. Jay correctly compared the 780TI and Titan Blacks with the 290X, and he did with the 980s and the Titan Xs. He'll be objective with the Fury and Fury X as well.

He misspoke when he accidentally called the 285 a rebrand, but he'd already called it a new card previously so he clearly meant 280X.

Also "dual Fiji"? Does this thing only beat a Titan X because it's a dual GPU card? Because two 980s does that much, it's not much of an achievement...

Are those prices official? (can't watch now) If they are, a lot of people here are going to be eating crow.

Yes, AMD stated them prices during the show.

I had to lol at "an amazing amount of performance packed into six inches."

So no 380x? Or is AMD really this dumb?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Are those prices official? (can't watch now) If they are, a lot of people here are going to be eating crow.

]

yes

THIS THREAD HAS BLOWN RIGHT THE FUCK UP.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

c605a940f3b59313b84ade33de1d8a2c.jpg

Finally, AMD has a really nice looking reference blower! I like it more than Nvidia's even, though that might be because I'm suck of seeing it.

The stuff on TechTalk is a joke they admit it themselves. They are actually friends to sapphire reps, they just joke around a lot

No. Seriously that's not true at all he uses enough humor elsewhere to know that he can always throw in the "I was joking" excuse but he just likes to say stupid shit without verifying anything: He released a video on the 980ti and spend a good few minutes trashing Witcher 3 for being an awful port and how he could not get it beyond 60 fps and the fucking idiot had v-sync enabled. That's why if you look at that video he just removed that rant and plastered a stupid annotation during the witcher 3 bench results.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought it out of nowhere

it would be the dickest dick move ever...

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Finally, AMD has a really nice looking reference blower! I like it more than Nvidia's even, though that might be because I'm suck of seeing it.

I agree. I know the reference cooler is cheap and designed purely to be "adequate", but if you're spending upwards of £400 it better look the part.

Yet I really don't think they should put a blower cooler on a 290x with extra vram (I refuse to call it a 390x it doesn't deserves to be addressed as a new product)

-------

Current Rig

-------

I hope they perform well too seeing that the heat myth started because of horrible stock coolers.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Can anyone have all the conformed prices of the line up written up?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Yet I really don't think they should put a blower cooler on a 290x with extra vram (I refuse to call it a 390x it doesn't deserves to be addressed as a new product)

It has a 50 mhz overclock on the core, 1000 mhz overclock on the memory, lower TDP, and 4GB extra of VRAM.

It definitely is a different product.

This is no different than the 770 and 680, yet because it's AMD people crucify them for it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nope, TPU's never realiable in my experience.

I don't really care to much about reviewers who only test like 3 cards

TPU shows how these new cards compare to my old gpus and all the other stuff on the market, they are basically the only place I go to because they test so many cards so you can actually get perspective.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The stuff on TechTalk is a joke they admit it themselves. They are actually friends to sapphire reps, they just joke around a lot

Not talking about their AMD is for poor people joke. In the last tech talk, literally half the shit Jay said about AMD, that he meant, was factually wrong. It was pathetic.

I still like Jerry but I had enough with Jay and I don't plan to see tech talk ever again after his fucking thermaltake meltdown.

Yeah. I still watch tech talk. It's still fun, and barnacules is funny and interesting. But yeah. Two episodes ago, Jerry and the guy from Sapphire, had a really interesting talk, byt Jay just played fart sounds and music, and the cut them off to end the show, like a little child, because he didn't understand, what they were talking about. I know it's his show, but sometimes, he just sabotages it.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

ALSO they are giving out 1 fiji card and 1 390x on the livestream

fak

THIS THREAD HAS BLOWN RIGHT THE FUCK UP.

For good goddamn reason.

I KNOW ONE SON OF A BITCH GETTING A FURY X (benchmarks pending)

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I hope they perform well too seeing that the heat myth started because of horrible stock coolers.

I'd much rather take aftermarket coolers regardless. I'd like AMD to have most of their products water cooled, so that we can choose the good air cooled aftermarket coolers or the water cooled stock cooler.

Good god this thread escalated quickly.

Any performance reports on the Fury?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

damn now i need to wait and see when Nano releases. Amdpls

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

It has a 50 mhz overclock on the core, 1000 mhz overclock on the memory, lower TDP, and 4GB extra of VRAM.

It definitely is a different product.

This is no different than the 770 and 680, yet because it's AMD people crucify them for it.

There are 290x models with 8GB already. TDP =/= power consumption, so unless new benchmarks so otherwise, it's the same card.

Not from what I've seen, I don't think the review embargo has been lifted yet.

They kept saying it's the new fastest GPU on the block, and considering the compute performance they stated, I somewhat believe it.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nope

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide