AMD - A New Era In PC Gaming

Opcode

what was that box a console? or steam machine?

small pc

275W on a single fan?! I don't believe it  <_<

Happens all the time, it's called a blower fan design.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh ok... 

Also it'd be possible to cool 275 W in that space... if you want to double the card's price :P

1/4 less cores? 3072... Only 256 more than a R9 290X, yeah it's nice but not that mindblowing :(

They said "half the power of r9 290x" which would be 125 watts to 145 watts. So Something is going on.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

It might not need to, if data doesn't need to be retained that long, since the GPU can use it immidiately because of the bandwidth you might need less memory (?, pure speculation on my part)

My 970 maxes its 4GB running GTA V on 1200*1920, so I highly doubt you could run 4k without some kind of good improvements

Ok.

Will wait for reviews before I mae my mind.

But I still find it strange that they only gave their flagship card 4GB of VRAM

is the only diferance between the fury and the fury x goinf to be the cooler? if so its looking like 980ti performance for £130 ish cheaper...nice

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Ok.

What title, at 4k uses more than 4gbs of ram? 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Happens all the time, it's called a blower fan design.

we're not talking reference blower types, this, if you saw it, it's something else entirely

and ps: blower types on AMD reference have very poor efficiency

if you recall, the 290X reference had a similar power requirement TDP and the cooling was very inefficient, thermal throttled quite a lot

is the only diferance between the fury and the fury x goinf to be the cooler? if so its looking like 980ti performance for £130 ish cheaper...nice

I feel bad for AMD as people will just buy the 980ti because of fanboys claiming AMD is stupid, or some over crap.

Ok.

Haha, only 4 GB?  What is this, 2015?

Well as I said GTA V uses 3.8GB on 1200*1920 on my GTX970, soooooo

4K will mean more than 4GB of ram needed I say

also as I said before: It might not need to, if data doesn't need to be retained that long, since the GPU can use it immidiately because of the bandwidth you might need less memory (?, pure speculation on my part)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

No I wouldn't I wouldn't take down or cut down a video I already made I would address it with an annotation on that one at most but probably just on future videos and comments. Fuck me for having integrity and owning up to mistakes right?

Annotations don't work because not everyone has them on. Why spread incorrect information if you don't have to? 

Yeah they only released the 300 series, fury was a joke right?

Did u even watch the damn stream? New era refers to fury not 300, idiot

Man, do you even get the joke of my joke? It's a Big Bang Theory reference.

AMD had made a bold claim that current gen GPUs and games are unintelligent and wasteful in terms of what they store in VRAM and they claim that this will be alleviated with a more intelligent driver for the Fury. Once again the proof will be in the independent reviews...

expressed confidence in AMD's ability to work around this capacity constraint. In fact, he said that current GPUs aren't terribly efficient with their memory capacity simply because GDDR5's architecture required ever-larger memory capacities in order to extract more bandwidth. As a result, AMD "never bothered to put a single engineer on using frame buffer memory better," because memory capacities kept growing. Essentially, that capacity was free, while engineers were not. Macri classified the utilization of memory capacity in current Radeon operation as "exceedingly poor" and said the "amount of data that gets touched sitting in there is embarrassing."

With HBM, he said, "we threw a couple of engineers at that problem," which will be addressed solely via the operating system and Radeon driver software. "We're not asking anybody to change their games."

http://techreport.com/review/28294/amd-high-bandwidth-memory-explained/2

Annotations don't work because not everyone has them on. Why spread incorrect information if you don't have to?

Well I have a suggestion: don't open your mouth and rant without validating results and don't commit amateur stupid fucking mistakes like not turning off vsync. You're supposed to be a professional reviewer and you mean to tell me you couldn't tell vsync was on after testing dozens of times on different cards, different resolutions, etc. That's not just "oh I made a mistake" it means "I made a mistake like 20 times over" that just makes you a shitty hardware reviewer.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Nope, I play in UHD. Maxed out it gets close to 3.8-3.9 But I run out of GPU power long before memory. GTA just uses memory thats available, caching is a thing. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Man, do you even get the joke of my joke? It's a Big Bang Theory reference.

A lot of people probably didn't get your joke, then.

980Ti uses as much, if not more power than the R9 290X... how do you guys fail to read benchmarks... TDP IS NOT POWER USAGE.

How the ever loving fuck did you get the impression that I was talking about power use from a post that talked entirely about how much a card heated a room?

My 970 maxes its 4GB running GTA V on 1200*1920, so I highly doubt you could run 4k without some kind of good improvements

Well games pool memory now, there is a minimum needed for the game to run at the settings you set, and then it pools the remaining vram to delay reloading data from disk. For example, GTA5 in 3840x2160 uses about 3.5 GB at start of the game and slowly rises to the 4GB limit on my R9 290. It never actually exceeds the 4GB, just clears and refills the pool.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

Well I have a suggestion: don't open your mouth and rant without validating results and don't commit amateur stupid fucking mistakes like not turning off vsync. You're supposed to be a professional reviewer and you mean to tell me you couldn't tell vsync was on after testing dozens of times on different cards, different resolutions, etc. That's not just "oh I made a mistake" it means "I made a mistake like 20 times over" that just makes you a shitty hardware reviewer.

How's that link coming?

Well, if it is much faster, you can clear up and reuse the memory faster.

Not if it uses the Vram more efficiently.  

No. The Fury will be a cut-down version (a bit slower) than the Fury X. but it remains to be seen just how fast they will be compared to the big Maxwell cards...

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Assassins Creed Unity and Dying Light.  Shadow of Mordor with its optional textures as well.

That's about it though.  Most games will exceed it with MSAA, but you can't afford the performance hit at 4K anyway.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Well, if it is much faster, you can clear up and reuse the memory faster.

Look at my previous posts..... I already said the exact same thing

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I'm not opening up his channel and give him views just to satisfy your curiosity.

You can't make this fucking claim and not provide evidence. LOL