XBox One Wireless controller with PC support coming this fall (with voice chat support)

GoodBytes

Microsoft previously mentioned that they were working on bringing the XBox One wireless controller to the PC, but no dates was given when it will come.

Currently you can use the USB cable to connect the controller to your PC, but you could not have it wireless.

Microsoft revealed today that this Fall you can connect your XBox One controller with your PC. A wireless adapter will be required due to the wireless technology difference used by the XBox One, much like the XBox 360 wireless controller.

The USB adapter will work your laptop, desktop or Windows powered tablet with full USB port (for the adapter), naturally.

And, it will also give headset voice chat support from the controller as well. (Probably a sound chip is included in the USB receiver to allow this)

The adapter is much more smaller, and nicer than the XBox 360 one for PC, it is follows a USB stick design:

xbox-one-wireless-adapter-for-windows.jp

The adapter will cost $24.99 USD

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/09/xbox-one-wireless-adapter-for-pc/?ncid=rss_truncated

Source 2: https://twitter.com/majornelson

This post has been promoted to an article

That's a net $75 controller if you didn't already have an Xbone.

Screw that noise. DS4 looking more promising now.

Git Gud.

I hope the drivers and software for this one aren't complete crap like the 360 version. That thing was a massive pain to get working. 

I got my wireless 360 controller on PC working as simple as plug and play.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Between this and the Steam Controller... now I have a couple of options to replace my aging wired Xbox 360 controller!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I hope the drivers and software for this one aren't complete crap like the 360 version. That thing was a massive pain to get working. 

the 360 controller didn't have or need software? and what issues did you have

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

360 pad adapter is plug and play

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have never had any issues with my 360 controller?

I just recently got it about a year ago though.

Did you mean it was bad at launch?

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

the 360 controller didn't have or need software? and what issues did you have

The wireless adapter had some weird stuff that needed to be set up for it to work. Maybe not software, but it never worked for me. I just got a wired controller in the end because it was such a pain for me. 

I've never had a problem with mine. I heard there were some issues at release but that was a long long time ago.

......Why would anyone pay $75 for that? You could buy a decently nice mechanical keyboard for that price. Or for a specific game, a steering wheel.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The DS4 breaks very easily, and the battery life if pathetic. It costs more, but it's the better product.

I bought the wireless controller bundle for PC before the 360 came out and I never had issues either.

360 controller came out a month or 2 out for PC before the xbox 360 did.

360 pad adapter is plug and play

Never worked for me. Maybe I was the only one having issues then xD 

I haven't tried to use it for a long time though, so maybe they fixed it. I just remember getting pissed off at it not working, so bought a wired one instead. 

Might consider when I'll replace my old DS3s.

Hope somebody make it work on OSX too. 360 controller seems to be working but I never had a chance to try it... 

......Why would anyone pay $75 for that? You could buy a decently nice mechanical keyboard for that price. Or for a specific game, a steering wheel.

Because it's a great controller? The XB1 pad is probably my favorite controller.

I haven't tried to use it for a long time though, so maybe they fixed it. I just remember getting pissed off at it not working, so bought a wired one instead. 

was it the microsoft official one or not? the official one was plug and play no software needed, and windows will install drivers automatically.

I just hope it supports multiple controllers on a single dongle. Would hate to have to buy 4 of these things just to enjoy a console emulator. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I bought the wireless controller bundle for PC before the 360 came out and I never had issues either.

360 controller came out a month or 2 out for PC before the xbox 360 did.

I did not know it came out before. The more you know...

How odd. It was as easy as can be for me. The only thing I hate is having to swap batteries, but I have rechargeable batteries, so it isn't too big a deal...

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I just hope it supports multiple controllers on a single dongle. Would hate to have to buy 4 of these things just to enjoy a console emulator. 

the 360 supported 4 controllers and 4 wireless headsets, I would say it would be safe to assume the new one will do that too.

The DS4 breaks very easily, and the battery life if pathetic. It costs more, but it's the better product.

Whats your issue? My DS4s have no problem working with input mapper and bluetooth. Sometimes bluetooth ends up being a bitch but when its using the cable i have 0 issues.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Because it's a great controller? The XB1 pad is probably my favorite controller.

That may be, but it still loses out to keyboard in most games, and games where keyboard isn't great, like driving and flying simulators, you can get decent purpose made controllers (steering wheels, joysticks, etc) for those for a similar price.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh, again with the adapters...

At least I can use my PS3 controllers without buying extra shit...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Holy shit....

That is an expenive bluetooth reciever. And it is big as well.

I have a wired Xbox 360 controller that I bought for 15 euros (its a Mad Catz one) 

But I might upgrade to a Steam controller, because that one certainly looks nice (I'll await the reviews though)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I did not know it came out before. The more you know...

How odd. It was as easy as can be for me. The only thing I hate is having to swap batteries, but I have rechargeable batteries, so it isn't too big a deal...

I bought a knockoff adapter off ebay that you have to go into device manager and manually tell it what drivers to use every time you plug it into a new USB port... From what I've read it's only an issue with the knock-offs.