things to do on an airplane.

ryanwilc

i going on a long flight and looking for some good free games or things to do on my laptop. Dont have wifi on the plane. Also any other tips for flying are welcome

Sleep

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

bomb jokes

Edit:

I am not liable if you get in trouble with this.

Watch a film

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

bomb jokes

I new someone was going to same something about this...

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Buy FSX, attempt to race your flight in FSX.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

if you get window. look outside. the view is amazing.

if not. then ask if you can go in the cockpit.  

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I new someone was going to same something about this...

S.A.M something about it ? 

http://www.ausairpower.net/PLA/PLA-HQ-7-Crotale-SAM-System-5S.jpg

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Seems like an interesting idea...

join the mile high club !!

I normally play on my phone/vita/ipad/laptop/read kindle etc etc or just music/movies

Watch Snakes on a Plane

Only if you scream the best line of that movie out loud when it happens

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I normally play on my phone/vita/ipad/laptop/read kindle etc etc or just music/movies

You beat me to it!  Ugggghhh!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You beat me to it!  Ugggghhh!

;)  :wub:

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

OP wear a hidden parachute and then force them to open the doors and let you jump out at a certain height.

.. and on that note I still don't understand how there are not eject systems to save lives so people don't have to die in plane crashes.  Eject seats and then the plane also drops safety rafts out the bottom.  Something of this sort anyway should be in place by now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Buy a cheap GameBoy Advance and beat all Pokemon games.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Talk to the people near you. Most people are fairly friendly in economy/standard class. Hey, even swap seats if you want. So far on all the flights I've been on (Mostly KLM, Lufthansa, US Airways, & Delta), no one has cared if we swap seats to take pictures or be closer with family and friends who are traveling together.

You'd be surprised at how a conversation with your fellow passengers can be intriguing, it's always better when you realize you speak the same language or are from the same area. On a recent flight back to the US from Romania, there were a lot of German, Romanian and Hungarian people in my section. We were all headed back to LAX and we just talked for a good portion about our break/vacation. 

If you don't fancy talking to people and like to keep to yourself, a book, a novel, and some music definitely helps. Just dont be that one guy who blasts his music so loud everyone around you can hear it.

Or this:

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Watch stewardess booty all flight long.

And suddenly... Turbulence!

Talk to the people near you. Most people are fairly friendly in economy/standard class. Hey, even swap seats if you want. So far on all the flights I've been on (Mostly KLM, Lufthansa, US Airways, & Delta), no one has cared if we swap seats to take pictures or be closer with family and friends who are traveling together.

You'd be surprised at how a conversation with your fellow passengers can be intriguing, it's always better when you realize you speak the same language or are from the same area. On a recent flight back to the US from Romania, there were a lot of German, Romanian and Hungarian people in my section. We were all headed back to LAX and we just talked for a good portion about our break/vacation. 

If you don't fancy talking to people and like to keep to yourself, a book, a novel, and some music definitely helps. Just dont be that one guy who blasts his music so loud everyone around you can hear it.

Or this:

They have KLM in the US too? :o

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And suddenly... Turbulence!

They have KLM in the US too? :o

For international flights, yes. Its one of my family's favorites when leaving LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) headed towards Europe.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

For international flights, yes. Its one of my family's favorites when leaving LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) headed towards Europe.

Ah, they would explain it.

I know KLM are in The Netherlands and France for sure :D

Flying seems pretty cool after the stuff you said, walking around in the plane talking to others :P

Ah, they would explain it.

I know KLM are in The Netherlands and France for sure :D

Flying seems pretty cool after the stuff you said, walking around in the plane talking to others :P

The only thing that sucks are the restrooms. If some are taken already, you need to go find another one that is open. Another thing that sucks is when you hit turbulence while in the restroom :o .

For the most part, people don't just walk around the cabin during the whole flight. Many just prefer to sit and only get up for restroom breaks, stretching, or for taking photos out the windows.

If you're over the legal drinking age, they also have smallish quantities of alcoholic beverages available  :P.

The only thing that sucks are the restrooms. If some are taken already, you need to go find another one that is open. Another thing that sucks is when you hit turbulence while in the restroom :o .

For the most part, people don't just walk around the cabin during the whole flight. Many just prefer to sit and only get up for restroom breaks, stretching, or for taking photos out the windows.

If you're over the legal drinking age, they also have smallish quantities of alcoholic beverages available  :P.

Within 20+ hours of flight from Amsterdam to Australia I had way too many beers lol.