Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hi guys, been lurking for a few weeks and decided to bite the bullet and join. Haven't actually joined any new forums in a while and this community seems to be a positive and friendly place, looking at some other technology forums in the past I've always been concerned with the level of egotism and pretentiousness that doesn't seem to occur here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I've been lurking a bit as well and decided to join. Hope to become an active member of the community. :)

R7 7700 | RTX 4060 8GB | 32GB DDR5 | 2TB NVME

i7-4790S | RTX A2000 6GB | 16GB DDR3 | 1TB SSD+HDD

I've been lurking a bit as well and decided to join. Hope to become an active member of the community. :)

Welcome! :D Hope you are enjoying your time on this forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hello everyone! I made an account a while ago (partially so I could see the build log pictures :P) but I'll be posting around from time to time. Love the forum from what I've seen so far!

Hello everyone! I made an account a while ago (partially so I could see the build log pictures :P) but I'll be posting around from time to time. Love the forum from what I've seen so far!

Welcome to the forum @BillyJeanTheMarine! Glad you are enjoying the forum! :)

Greetings all!  'Nother lurker turned member here.  Dove into building computers about a year ago thanks to Linus and his videos, so I hope to learn much more from this community!

Greetings all!  'Nother lurker turned member here.  Dove into building computers about a year ago thanks to Linus and his videos, so I hope to learn much more from this community!

Welcome @havocPHNX! :D Hope you will enjoy this community! :)

The forum looks good and is easy to navigate.

you should check out the other theme at the bottom of the page if you haven't. It makes it even nicer :)

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Hello everyone! Another lurker here, will be posting from time to time now. Amazing forum!

i5 4670k @ 4.1 GHz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2 | Asus Z87-A | 2x8 GB Corsair LP @ 1600 Mhz | Asus GTX 780 DCUII | Corsair CX600M | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Hello everyone! Another lurker here, will be posting from time to time now. Amazing forum!

Welcome! Great that you are enjoying this forum :)

Hello :) Made this account a while ago because I wanted to watch the build logs :)

Hello :) Made this account a while ago because I wanted to watch the build logs :)

Welcome @kimxta! :D Remember to read the Code of Conduct located under my signature if you haven't already done so. 

Hey guys!  I discovered Linus about a week ago and I've watched about half of all his Youtube videos by now.  I look forward to talking with like-minded people and showing off my rig later.

PC Specs: MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition -- Corsair Carbide Air 540

2x Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 -- Corsair H100i Watercooler -- EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 PSU

i7 5820k @ 4.5Ghz -- 16GB Mushkin DDR4 2800Mhz -- 128GB Mushkin SSD + 120GB Kingston HyperX -- 3TB Seagate Barracuda

Hey all....another "geek" here ;) Damn...used to have Linus's email address at NCIX for all kinds of instant advice...even help me out with my orders....see he's done well n moved on !! Anyhoo....new here...frequent at HWC, Evga,n ROG....posted up some pics of my current rig on another thread.

cheers

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

Hey guys!  I discovered Linus about a week ago and I've watched about half of all his Youtube videos by now.  I look forward to talking with like-minded people and showing off my rig later.

Hey all....another "geek" here ;) Damn...used to have Linus's email address at NCIX for all kinds of instant advice...even help me out with my orders....see he's done well n moved on !! Anyhoo....new here...frequent at HWC, Evga,n ROG....posted up some pics of my current rig on another thread.

cheers

Welcome to the forum! Hope you will enjoy this community! :)

Thought I'd drop a hello as well folks.

I may not be the most vocal, I'll admit, but I will try to help out as I can, although as far behind as I am on tech, it's far more likely I'll be the one requesting the help.

Thought I'd drop a hello as well folks.

I may not be the most vocal, I'll admit, but I will try to help out as I can, although as far behind as I am on tech, it's far more likely I'll be the one requesting the help.

Welcome! :D 

Hi!! This is my first time joining a forum. I have been computing for a lot of years, but what compelled me to join this forum was the Linus videos!! Very informative, well done and in a straight forward manner! Kodos! I've been doing a lot of research lately for a new build....I am now bleeding from the eyeballs...Anyway, looking forward to some professional advice and  great information that I'm sure will be found on this forum, Thank You!

i really love the profile page.. is like the best ever on any site. 

Welcome! Glad you are enjoying this forum! :)

Hi!! This is my first time joining a forum. I have been computing for a lot of years, but what compelled me to join this forum was the Linus videos!! Very informative, well done and in a straight forward manner! Kodos! I've been doing a lot of research lately for a new build....I am now bleeding from the eyeballs...Anyway, looking forward to some professional advice and  great information that I'm sure will be found on this forum, Thank You!

Welcome to the forum! Hope you will find this community helpful! :)

Hey everyone!  I'm new to this site and just wanted to come stick my head in here.  I'm looking to switch careers and get into the IT world and am currently studying to take the A+ exam so I'm looking to soak up a lot of knowledge on here.

Hey everyone!  I'm new to this site and just wanted to come stick my head in here.  I'm looking to switch careers and get into the IT world and am currently studying to take the A+ exam so I'm looking to soak up a lot of knowledge on here.

Welcome! Hope you will find useful information in this forum! :)

Howdy ya'll. A year ago I would never have thought I'd be in this situation. I had no intention of ever learning about anything to do with computers. I was always happy with a $500 prebuilt office machine. But back in May I thought "I should build a computer" and started obsessing with reading everything I could about it every day. Then after 6 months of obsessive self-study, I realized LinusTechTips was not only my favorite youtube tech reviewer, it was also something I looked forward to every Friday (The WAN Show, I mean). So I decided that if I was going to be so actively involved in the continuous gain of knowledge and exchange of ideas/opinions about personal computers, I'd probably have something to gain from joining the forums!! So here I am!!

Nice to be here.

i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB | Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB | Seasonic 660W Platinum | Corsair H100i

Logitech G400s | Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Brown

Hello everyone, I recently started watching Linus's youtube videos recently and have been very impressed so I figured I's register over here and check out the forums.

I'm a longtime computer user (anyone else start out using punchcards) and gamer. I don't officially work in IT but my plant has no IT people on site, so I handle most of our IT related issues for my plant since many of the other managers can barely turn their computers on, so forget about them ever troubleshooting a problem.