Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Howdy ya'll. A year ago I would never have thought I'd be in this situation. I had no intention of ever learning about anything to do with computers. I was always happy with a $500 prebuilt office machine. But back in May I thought "I should build a computer" and started obsessing with reading everything I could about it every day. Then after 6 months of obsessive self-study, I realized LinusTechTips was not only my favorite youtube tech reviewer, it was also something I looked forward to every Friday (The WAN Show, I mean). So I decided that if I was going to be so actively involved in the continuous gain of knowledge and exchange of ideas/opinions about personal computers, I'd probably have something to gain from joining the forums!! So here I am!!

Nice to be here.

Hello everyone, I recently started watching Linus's youtube videos recently and have been very impressed so I figured I's register over here and check out the forums.

I'm a longtime computer user (anyone else start out using punchcards) and gamer. I don't officially work in IT but my plant has no IT people on site, so I handle most of our IT related issues for my plant since many of the other managers can barely turn their computers on, so forget about them ever troubleshooting a problem.

Hi everyone!

I've been watching Linus's videos since 2011 and have always been a fan of his Youtube channel.

I'm a young entrepreneur and have started my own business building custom PC's. I also have more plans.. But first I got to finish school.  biggrin.png

I'm glad that i can be a part of the Forums now!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hi.

I thought I'd introduce myself to the forum before making any posts. I've been watching Linustechtips for a couple of years now and thanks to him and his videos I've learned pretty much a lot and mostly all I know is from watching his videos.
So, I finally deciding to join the forums since the forum I hanged out doesn't have that big of a tech community. Hopefully I can enjoy my time here and well as learn new things as well.

where do i go to ask for build help?

Welcome to the forum! :) Go to New Builds and Planning and create a new thread there. Be sure to answer this in your thread so people can be able to help you :) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

Hi.

I thought I'd introduce myself to the forum before making any posts. I've been watching Linustechtips for a couple of years now and thanks to him and his videos I've learned pretty much a lot and mostly all I know is from watching his videos.

So, I finally deciding to join the forums since the forum I hanged out doesn't have that big of a tech community. Hopefully I can enjoy my time here and well as learn new things as well.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you will enjoy the community! :)

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hello everyone

Greetings from Sweden!

Long time lurker, been watching Linus videos for years and they are very informative and good.

Hello everyone

Greetings from Sweden!

Long time lurker, been watching Linus videos for years and they are very informative and good.

Welcome to the forums!

Hello! It is a great place to ask questions, this site has a nice clean look to it. Well done!

Hello! It is a great place to ask questions, this site has a nice clean look to it. Well done!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Finnaly Linus made a forum!

(go back in time and read it)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

First post as a new member! been following the tech tips videos for quite some time back in the days of ncix days its good you guys still keep strong relations.

Anyone keen for some online gaming hit me up!

First post as a new member! been following the tech tips videos for quite some time back in the days of ncix days its good you guys still keep strong relations.

Welcome! :)

Hi guys.

Welcome @Xyb3rNinja! :) Hope you will enjoy the forum.

Isn't necromancing threads against the COC?

Well I am just welcoming people and I don't think this thread has gone over a month between posts so I guess its fine. 

Well I am just welcoming people and I don't think this thread has gone over a month between posts so I guess its fine. 

You weren't the one that necromanced the thread and thanks for the answer to my question.

Isn't necromancing threads against the COC?

Welcome @Xyb3rNinja! :) Hope you will enjoy the forum.

You can't really 'necro' a post that is;

1) Stickied at the top of the forum...

2) Get's a lot of new posts..

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

You can't really 'necro' a post that is;

1) Stickied at the top of the forum...

2) Get's a lot of new posts..

Thank you for clarifying that up for me!

Hello everybody. I've been watching Linus Tech Tips since last and finally decided to join the community.

Hey LTT! 

So, I'm probably a bit of an anomaly around these parts, in that I only just discovered this forum, and LTT youtube, and the WAN show (which I'm watching on my second screen now!) 

I grew up in a 'pc master race' home... Kinda, My dad got into the IT world in his late 20's (we both run a network cabling company now) from doing landscaping, right around the days where Half-Life was booming, and counter-strike was the game of choice! He built a computer with the help of a friend, and actually built me one with an old intel processor that ran at a 334mhz clock speed. (ooh yeaaa.) we threw VooDoo 16mb video card in there, and a NIC.. installed windows 98 and I got to alien killin at the young age of like, 9 or 10!

By the time I was in highschool, I decided I was gonna be a baller and build my own gaming PC! Unfortunately, neither me or my dad were really thaat involved in any kind of forum community or place to self-educate, and I bought a bunch of crappy components... but hey, it was cool and I built it! I fell to the ease and peer-pressure of console gaming for a time, and then when my 360 red-ringed, I just kinda quit gaming through college and onward. But... I think I'm gonna sell some stuff I never use and build another gaming machine! I'm gonna break out the old one and post some pics for the kicks.. It's pretty awful. =]

Cheers from SC, USA!

-Tyler

Hello everybody. I've been watching Linus Tech Tips since last and finally decided to join the community.

Welcome! :)

Hey LTT! 

So, I'm probably a bit of an anomaly around these parts, in that I only just discovered this forum, and LTT youtube, and the WAN show (which I'm watching on my second screen now!) 

I grew up in a 'pc master race' home... Kinda, My dad got into the IT world in his late 20's (we both run a network cabling company now) from doing landscaping, right around the days where Half-Life was booming, and counter-strike was the game of choice! He built a computer with the help of a friend, and actually built me one with an old intel processor that ran at a 334mhz clock speed. (ooh yeaaa.) we threw VooDoo 16mb video card in there, and a NIC.. installed windows 98 and I got to alien killin at the young age of like, 9 or 10!

By the time I was in highschool, I decided I was gonna be a baller and build my own gaming PC! Unfortunately, neither me or my dad were really thaat involved in any kind of forum community or place to self-educate, and I bought a bunch of crappy components... but hey, it was cool and I built it! I fell to the ease and peer-pressure of console gaming for a time, and then when my 360 red-ringed, I just kinda quit gaming through college and onwBut... I think I'm gonna sell some stuff I never use and build another gaming machine! I'm gonna break out the old one and post some pics for the kicks.. It's pretty awful. =]

ard. Cheers from SC, USA!

-Tyler

Welcome to the forum! If you want advice for your new build, go to New Builds and Planning to get advice on your build. Be sure to answer these questions in your thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

About time I made a hello in this thread. Hello! xD

Also, can someone tell me about the new "noob" avatars with the Christmas hats?   :P no hard feelings 

Hi! :) The stock avatars with Christmas hats are probably set by default as the default profile picture for now.