Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hello everybody, long time viewer of Linus and was looking for a new tech-minded forum to get involved in, I'll be sure to update my account soon.

welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay :).

*tip of the hat*

I'm a Canadian computer networking student (Cisco and Windows Server mainly) if anybody's interested/doing something similar...

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Hello everybody. I have been watching tech tips for years love the videos. I am excited to start participating in this forum and the WAN Show. 

I am having a real hard time signing up for twitch it keeps hanging up on facebook login

and tell me i entered the wrong captha phrase yet there is no captha box on the screen 3 web browsers and 1 hour later i give up. Do I need an invite for the WAN Show?

Hello everybody. I have been watching tech tips for years love the videos. I am excited to start participating in this forum and the WAN Show. 

I am having a real hard time signing up for twitch it keeps hanging up on facebook login

and tell me i entered the wrong captha phrase yet there is no captha box on the screen 3 web browsers and 1 hour later i give up. Do I need an invite for the WAN Show?

Welcome to the forums :) To answer your question; No, you don't need an invite. Anyone can tune in :) Just go to Linus' twitch page when the show is on and watch ^_^ You do, however, need to sign up to Twitch in order to comment.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Finally decided to join in on forums, I've been a fan since last summer(2013) when I decided to spend a shit ton of money(more than average consumer) on a new PC. Hah, hope to learn a lot here, I've been swimming in the Graphic Design World since Starcraft BW.  Now looking into coding/programming.

CM Storm Trooper

ASUS Maximus XI Formula | Intel 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8 @2400mhz | EVGA GTX 670 | Corsair AX860i | WD 2TB Black | 1TB SSD Coming Soon...

ASUS VG248QE | Corsair Vengeance k70 Red & Black | ASUS GX1000 Red & Black | Corsair Raptor HS40  GSync DIY Kit Hopefully Coming Soon...

i got it today i guess the site was effed up last night

Finally decided to join in on forums, I've been a fan since last summer(2013) when I decided to spend a shit ton of money(more than average consumer) on a new PC. Hah, hope to learn a lot here, I've been swimming in the Graphic Design World since Starcraft BW.  Now looking into coding/programming.

Welcome to the forum! :) Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Welcome to the forum! :) Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature.

just did thank you I will be cautious and always considerate I do not tolerate noob bashing, insults or racism. This is going to be one of my first forum experiences I am not forum savvy please correct me if I am not doing something properly. I have always been a reader and not a writer in forums and take criticism well. I have really enjoyed Linus and his associates work for several years now and would like to be active in this community.

Hello everyone!

Don't want to start my forum experience with a negative note, but I would like to make a complaint about the registration form.

It took me about 10 attempts to register. Why? You have two buttons - "Create Account" and "Continue". I didn't spot the create account one, only the continue one under the birthday question. It seems clicking continue just reloads the form. You have to press the "Create Account" button, not the continue one. I would recommend removing the Continue button.

And no, I'm not an inexperienced forum user - I adminstrate one low traffic and one medium/high traffic board myself. :)

Anyway, moan over! Hello everybody!

Hello everyone!

Don't want to start my forum experience with a negative note, but I would like to make a complaint about the registration form.

It took me about 10 attempts to register. Why? You have two buttons - "Create Account" and "Continue". I didn't spot the create account one, only the continue one under the birthday question. It seems clicking continue just reloads the form. You have to press the "Create Account" button, not the continue one. I would recommend removing the Continue button.

And no, I'm not an inexperienced forum user - I adminstrate one low traffic and one medium/high traffic board myself. :)

Anyway, moan over! Hello everybody!

Welcome to the forum! You can report this problem to Bugs and Issues so the mods will see this issue and might fix it in the future.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hey, i'm from Ukraine and i hope to find GEEK friends here. Love tech, web-developing, apple, linux, windows and gaming. I'm tech reporter in Ukraine. And i work ass a software developer for 5 years. So if you need help. Mac problems, Windows problems, or hardware problems i can help you to find a way to solve it.

PS. Sorry English is my 3 language so i can make some mistakes.

Hey guys! finally decided to join the forums...

--- Have a Nice Day! ---

Hey, i'm from Ukraine and i hope to find GEEK friends here. Love tech, web-developing, apple, linux, windows and gaming. I'm tech reporter in Ukraine. And i work ass a software developer for 5 years. So if you need help. Mac problems, Windows problems, or hardware problems i can help you to find a way to solve it.

PS. Sorry English is my 3 language so i can make some mistakes.

Hey guys! finally decided to join the forums...

Welcome! :D Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature for all the forum rules and hope you will enjoy this forum! :)

Welcome! :D Make sure you read the CoC located in my signature for all the forum rules and hope you will enjoy this forum! :)

Hey Thanks I read through the code of conduct like you said... seems fair

--- Have a Nice Day! ---

Hope that this gets of the ground and I just joined and I already live this place

Hi all, I'm new around here, but has always been interested in tech especially building custom computers. I recently started watching the Linus Tech Tips videos (I used to get my tech fix from gizmodo and Motherboards.org (now known as Tech of tomorrow) and I must admit I like it a lot more than Elric's videos as it does not have corny sound effects (no offence Eric). Currently in the works is a new silent gaming PC (quite an original concept right????? ;) ) which will hopefully be running star citizen on max everything which I will be asking for suggestions once I write up the thread.

Anyway I look forward to knowing you all!  

Joe Here,

Ive Just signed up to the Forum,

Im a British bloke who moved to Canada 16 years ago, and im living in Rural Alberta 40km east of Calgary in a small town Called Strathmore, 

I have a Passion for Tech, and Motorcycles that Linus seems to share.

Ive just Built my self a new PC:

Silverstone Case
Fortress FT03 MicroATX 

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10GHz 34 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUS B85M-E (SOCKET 1150) 22 °C

Graphics
LG IPS277 (1920x1080@60Hz)

1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 41 °C

Storage
223GB Corsair Force 3 SSD (SSD) 30 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 °C
931GB Seagate ST31000528AS (SATA) 23 °C

The Other Interest I have is Motorcycles and Its also something I like to MOD, and put together myself
The Bike is a 97 GSXR750 Srad with a 2004 GSXR1000 with No2
not too much stock

post-53525-0-70412200-1389005112.jpg

It's kind of cool seeing Linus' original post being done in January of 2013 and here I am joining the forums in January of 2014. 

Anyway, Hi all, I've been watching Linus' videos for some time now. He was actually one of my bigger inspirations for taking the leap into building my own gaming PC...well sorta. Seananners had a little more to do with that but Linus provided me with the know how. I built my first and only computer in May of 2013 and to be honest, it's still not exactly perfect. I know it could use some refinement but I'm really happy with it. 

I hope that, through more participation here on the forum, we can build a connection and ultimately end up gaming together because one of the things I lack on the PC side of the gaming spectrum is friends and people to play with. Now, because of the social aspect of gaming, I still haven't made the complete shift to PC (currently play more on the PS4), but having an open mind and a little time sure does help!   

-snip- (sry because it was too long and would take up the whole page)

Welcome to the forum @Britjoe! That is not a bad build you got there. Hope you will enjoy the forum! :)

It's kind of cool seeing Linus' original post being done in January of 2013 and here I am joining the forums in January of 2014. 

Anyway, Hi all, I've been watching Linus' videos for some time now. He was actually one of my bigger inspirations for taking the leap into building my own gaming PC...well sorta. Seananners had a little more to do with that but Linus provided me with the know how. I built my first and only computer in May of 2013 and to be honest, it's still not exactly perfect. I know it could use some refinement but I'm really happy with it. 

I hope that, through more participation here on the forum, we can build a connection and ultimately end up gaming together because one of the things I lack on the PC side of the gaming spectrum is friends and people to play with. Now, because of the social aspect of gaming, I still haven't made the complete shift to PC (currently play more on the PS4), but having an open mind and a little time sure does help!   

Welcome to the forum! If you want to get people to game together, you can go to LFG where you can find gamers. :)

Make sure you have read the CoC located in my signature so you will know the rules of this forum. 

I just wanted to say hi to everyone !

Linus is always saying how great you guys are so I decided to join the fun.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone !

Linus is always saying how great you guys are so I decided to join the fun.

Welcome! :) Make sure to read the CoC located in my signature so you get to know all the rules in this forum. Hope you will enjoy this community! :)

Enjoying my stay here so far!! :D

Welcome! Glad that you are enjoying it. :)

I'm actually just posting this now having joined the forums about 2 months ago? I really like this community and it's a lot more different then some other forums like I lurk like Overclock where you get the occasional flame war. I feel like this forum is a lot more open and friendly to outsiders and newbies then most other places. I've enjoyed my time thus far and I look forward to continuing my relationship with this community. Cheers :)

I'm actually just posting this now having joined the forums about 2 months ago? I really like this community and it's a lot more different then some other forums like I lurk like Overclock where you get the occasional flame war. I feel like this forum is a lot more open and friendly to outsiders and newbies then most other places. I've enjoyed my time thus far and I look forward to continuing my relationship with this community. Cheers :)

Hi! :D Glad that you are enjoying the forum! Remember to read the CoC located in my signature if you already haven't to get to know the rules.

Hello, I'm new on this forum but I've been watching LTT for a quite some time so I decided to come here.