Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Hello.I have looked around on this forum a few times so i decided to join. Glad to be a member.  :D

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thanks so much for joining. My vision is a community based on positive member interaction and helping each other. I believe that if we all work together toward this goal, we will have success in the long run.We don't have official forum rules or anything like that yet, but as long as everyone is respectful of each other, and patient with the growing pains that we are going to experience (vBulletin 5 is VERY beta right now) we can make this into an AWESOME community forum.Linus

There's a code of conduct.

From what I have seen it's a great forum.  I'm a subscriber to the youtube deal and just watched the one on the

ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Direct CU II

I have noticed in a lot of these videos the cards have a heat pipe on the slot side of the card.  It looks like the heat pipe will come very close to the motherboard once plugged in.  Should I be worried about damage from the radiated heat? 

p.s.  I'm new at this stuff.  If I posted the question in the wrong place please be patient I'll get the hang of it soon. :)  

From what I have seen it's a great forum.  I'm a subscriber to the youtube deal and just watched the one on the

ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Direct CU II

I have noticed in a lot of these videos the cards have a heat pipe on the slot side of the card.  It looks like the heat pipe will come very close to the motherboard once plugged in.  Should I be worried about damage from the radiated heat? 

p.s.  I'm new at this stuff.  If I posted the question in the wrong place please be patient I'll get the hang of it soon. :)  

Welcome to the forum! :) I would create a new thread in Graphics Cards to get more answers. The heatpipes wouldn't damage your motherboard. I have a MSI Twin Frozr 3 7950 and the space between the heatpipes and the motherboard is not close because the PCI-E slot lifts the GPU a little bit higher from the motherboard.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well, I came here to say how I've been lurking around the forums for awhile and decided to join... But then I realized that practically everyone has done that so I wont bother expounding any more.

As for me I've been a semi long term follower of Linus and I decided it was time I went ahead and joined in on the discussion (It also helped that this website is not blocked on my school firewall...). I am not an expert on tech myself but I look forward to learning more. Although I am sure I am a lot younger than most here I do hope to be given the same respect I give to to others.

I look forward to being a member of the forum!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Hello everyone,

I have been dedicated to getting almost all my tech news and info from the Linus Tech tips youtube channel for some time now, and I have been lurking around the forums for awhile. I am a avid PC gamer and hardware enthusiast. I am looking forward to contributing and become and active memeber of the community here.

| Case:  NZXT H440 White| Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark I| CPU: Intel core i7 4770k | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60  | Graphics Card: EVGA 780ti Classified| SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb and 500gb | HDD: WD Black 2tb| RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb| PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Monitor: LG 34UM95| Keyboard: Logitech G15 | Mouse: Razer Mamba| Audio: HyperX Cloud |

Hi everybody, Joining from Denmark  :) , Love the channel

Where would be the place to ask about media pc's? Considering to build one and just have some general questions about it.

Andreas

Well, I came here to say how I've been lurking around the forums for awhile and decided to join... But then I realized that practically everyone has done that so I wont bother expounding any more.

As for me I've been a semi long term follower of Linus and I decided it was time I went ahead and joined in on the discussion (It also helped that this website is not blocked on my school firewall...). I am not an expert on tech myself but I look forward to learning more. Although I am sure I am a lot younger than most here I do hope to be given the same respect I give to to others.

I look forward to being a member of the forum!

Hello everyone,

I have been dedicated to getting almost all my tech news and info from the Linus Tech tips youtube channel for some time now, and I have been lurking around the forums for awhile. I am a avid PC gamer and hardware enthusiast. I am looking forward to contributing and become and active memeber of the community here.

Hi everybody, Joining from Denmark  :) , Love the channel

Where would be the place to ask about media pc's? Considering to build one and just have some general questions about it.

Andreas

Welcome! :) If you want advice with your media pc, go to New Builds and Planning and create a thread there and answer this in your thread:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

Bonjour to all of you , 

First of all i'd like to say thank you to Linustechtips's staff for making this possible. According to what i have heard from current american friend members , it is the best IT related forum that they have ever signed up to.

So i decided to join !

I am a French student from france but i live in the Uk. I am currently studying law at the University of Westminster in London.

I am currently planning to build an overkill-ish computer with the money i saved up from a long time (currently 5000€)

I really hope to get some help from you guys.

Anyway , i'd like to say thanks once again.

Have a nice day ,

Alex :D

Bonjour to all of you , 

First of all i'd like to say thank you to Linustechtips's staff for making this possible. According to what i have heard from current american friend members , it is the best IT related forum that they have ever signed up to.

So i decided to join !

I am a French student from france but i live in the Uk. I am currently studying law at the University of Westminster in London.

I am currently planning to build an overkill-ish computer with the money i saved up from a long time (currently 5000€)

Have a nice day ,

Welcome Alex, Hope you really do like your stay here at LTT, if you have any problems or just want friendly convo with people, please feel free to do so, this is one of the best communities out for tech forums :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Welcome Alex, Hope you really do like your stay here at LTT, if you have any problems or just want friendly convo with people, please feel free to do so, this is one of the best communities out for tech forums :D

french-guys-merci.jpg

Hello Techies.

I have decided to join the forum to learn more things about computer. To be honest, I know little about computers though I enjoy watching every single tech video I see on Youtube. I came across Linus when I am looking on how to overclock. I tried it though my card is so so so old, a 9500gt.

I am still a high school student, planning to take Computer Science on my college years. I am hoping to learn from you guys and have fun with the community.

So, Hello again!

Must say, so far I... we are all impressed on the behaviour of all members.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Hello Techies.

I have decided to join the forum to learn more things about computer. To be honest, I know little about computers though I enjoy watching every single tech video I see on Youtube. I came across Linus when I am looking on how to overclock. I tried it though my card is so so so old, a 9500gt.

I am still a high school student, planning to take Computer Science on my college years. I am hoping to learn from you guys and have fun with the community.

So, Hello again!

Welcome :) You will love it on ltt!!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Bonjour to all of you , 

So i decided to join !

Have a nice day ,

Welcome to the forum, Check out the 'New Builds and Planning' sub-forum as well as the "Build Logs" sub-forum. In the 'Build Logs' section there are some great builds of the week (the thread is pinned) to motivate you in your overkill build. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Hello Techies.

So, Hello again!

Welcome :D

Hello Techies.

So, Hello again!

Welcome and good luck with your endeavours.

Hello everyone! New to the forums but not to hardware and system building. Recently discovered the YouTube channel and decided to make an account. Hopefully I end up helping someone here.

Hello everyone! New to the forums but not to hardware and system building. Recently discovered the YouTube channel and decided to make an account. Hopefully I end up helping someone here.

Welcome to the forum, Check out the 'New Builds and Planning' sub-forum as well as the "Build Logs" sub-forum. In the 'Build Logs' section there are some great builds of the week (the thread is pinned) to motivate you in your overkill build. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks!

Hello from Australia,

I have been a long time watcher of Linus's video's

I have been system building since the late 80's, back then I was building 386 unix servers.Since then I have done a lot of custom system for family, freinds and myself. laptop repairs etc.

Hello from Australia,

I have been a long time watcher of Linus's video's

I have been system building since the late 80's, back then I was building 386 unix servers.Since then I have done a lot of custom system for family, freinds and myself. laptop repairs etc.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay :)

Hello Everyone,

I'm joining from the Philippines. I love the channel, as it seems like everyone's having fun. It's a very entertaining way to stay abreast with the latest trends and products. Much respect to everyone behind it.  :)

I've been into electronics and technology since I was a kid, and had worked in that industry for 12 years. I'm not really into gaming, but PCs, HiFi, home theater, in-car entertainment, and handhelds are my thing.

I look forward to interacting, contributing and seeking help through this community. 

Thank you,

Ivan

Hello Everyone,

I'm joining from the Philippines. I love the channel, as it seems like everyone's having fun. It's a very entertaining way to stay abreast with the latest trends and products. Much respect to everyone behind it.  :)

I've been into electronics and technology since I was a kid, and had worked in that industry for 12 years. I'm not really into gaming, but PCs, HiFi, home theater, in-car entertainment, and handhelds are my thing.

I look forward to interacting, contributing and seeking help through this community. 

Thank you,

Ivan

Hello and welcome :)