What is your favorite color scheme?

Red Harbinger

My scheme is black and red. However this was my first build and I didn't really plan for looks till after it was assembled. Now that I've done research I feel black and red is too overdone. Also my mouse is green, keyboard can be changed to any color but I have it as green. I prefer everything to match so my color scheme will change to black and green soon :)

totally agree red and black is way too over done not to say it doesnt look good but have seen it way too much

dark colors + orange: refer to my build link below

I'm planning to get dark colors + cyan for whenever I will be building a new setup :P

i completely forgot about orange and black it was a color scheme i even considered for my own build, but just added it to the poll, anyway nice build looks allot better with the old case in my opinion just because i like a big window to show off all the work the 820s window is way to small

i completely forgot about orange and black it was a color scheme i even considered for my own build, but just added it to the poll, anyway nice build looks allot better with the old case in my opinion just because i like a big window to show off all the work the 820s window is way to small

well, i will mod the 820 as well, I just moved to a different country that's why I had to ditch the C70.

it had to do with the country's absurdly expensive taxes :(

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

well, i will mod the 820 as well, I just moved to a different country that's why I had to ditch the C70.

it had to do with the country's absurdly expensive taxes :(

i know what you mean taxes are a killer, but yeah if your going to mod the 820, it might be better just cause i have seen some sweet mods with that case 

Blue+Black FTW!

It is a tad bit overused but at the same time it does not really get old. Black and green is my second choice however.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Ahem.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95937-the-lightning-350d/

HHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would say Black and Green in some cases. G1.Sniper MHMM

img2885f.jpg

Or black and yellow. The MPOWER is so gorgeous.

MSI%20Z87%20MPower%20Max%20Oblique.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Ahem.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95937-the-lightning-350d/

HHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

:o absolutely amazing build love the sleeving, and even the platinum's look great in it, i always loved the gtx 780 lightning look, its jaw dropping beautiful even if it does take up to 3 pci slots with that ginormous acx cooler still a beautiful card, however kind of sucks theres not a ti version of it or something because 780 specs and benchmarks dont impress me, but anyways for color scheme AMAZING!!! one of my favorite builds i've seen thankyou

no such thing

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

• 11 months later...

I'm sure am.

Just watched some LinusTechTip's videos on CES. I watched the MSI coverage here.

and this...

To me red and black look like it will run hot and more likely to overheat more, plus they are so done to death that instead of looking like "premium", "badass" or "sexy", now they look like generic, cheap and ugly.

I'll admit I was a pro-red and black kid growing up because it looks extreme and hardcore, now I am done with it.

Blue is now my favourite colour, because it looks and feel calm, quiet, cool (as in temperature lol), less power consumption efficient, refined and strangely - more powerful.

Cool, efficiency and refined is what I will be going for.

In the motherboard arena the colour red and black is reserved for the high-end premium boards (except ASRock) while Blue are reserved for lower-end boards (except ASRock). 

In my opinion they should have modular motherboards where you can replace the plastic off your PCI/E lanes and motherboard heatsinks. It's not like they are soldered to the board, is it?

Hell, they should do it for all component where you can replace parts of your GPU cooler, fans, case, etc so we don't have to spray paint them (but you can if you want).

The closest thing I know that does is one of Corsair fans where you can replace the colour of the rings of red, blue or grey. But that is just one small example.

That is just my opinion, what is yours?

EDIT: Linus doesn't like red too!

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

YES! BLACK AND YELLOW MASTERRACE!

@alby800 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

i think everyone is tired of red and black

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Actually I don't have a problem with black, just the red.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Black and red are my favorite color, so no. Though I am starting to like black with maybe very little white, silver, or red accents.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Maybe the black part. Lots of black. All the time. No matter what other color people can get, it is always accompanied by black. But you know, you gotta work with what you got.

I'm not sick of it, but I do wish there was more variety available to people.

:I think plasti painting looks fugly

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

exactly the opposite here... my first build about 8years ago was blue themed (blue ram, blue led case, psu & cpu fans) my next build is gonna be red/black.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I'm not sick of it, but I do wish there was more variety available to people.

Yes I hope that too. I just don't like how lower-end stuff has to be blue and higher to be red.

I do like it, when it's done well and isn't distracting to look at. Just lots of black and subtle red accents

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

My current mobo is red/black but I wish I had gotten the X99-WS instead of the ROG RVE.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Is it over done? Sure.

Am I tired of it? No, I still like red/black.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

It's quite fine for my taste as I am currently sporting it. Overdone? Yes. Unpleasant? Not that much. Would I want varieties? Yes please.

Personally, a beastly color scheme for me would be black and white or all black everything. But, I'm guessing that it's easier to market "beastly" performance that are hyped by the manufacturers if the color scheme is in red and black hence why it is everywhere.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

yep...

I'd like to see white-black, white-red/red-white, black-blue, white-blue-green, and 50 shades of gray color schemes...

Scratch that... have everyone come out with a thermal armor similar to what Asus did with their sabertooth line...

edit:

or maybe truly modular mobos where you can switch out the RAM slots/PCI slots/CPU socket/mobo heatsinks for differently colored ones...