Your first Car

bobiray

Chevrolet Lumina LS, Tubro-ed. 

a dam bus :/

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson  :D  

1990 Mazda Zx7 in two or three years.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

2010 Chevrolet Malibu! :wub:

post-186483-0-04348700-1432078209.jpg

1989 Camry LE V6. Most of the car's value by the time I got rid of it was the stereo system and wheels tbh

1989_toyota_camry_dlx-pic-36701417177371

"Rawr XD"

My first car was a '96 Infiniti i30t

1997_infiniti_i30_4dr_sdn_auto_indian_tr

Now I drive an E39 wagon. 

8086_1_full.jpg

M-tech bumper and summer wheels are getting put on soon. 

"Blue Jeans Blue".. Most American sounding color ever

Planning to get a new BMW 435i, M4, 535I or X5 for my first new car. Still don't know what I want lmao. 

M4 as your first car? I strongly disagree with that decision.. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

M4 as your first car? I strongly disagree with that decision..

Well it depends on if I get a used car while waiting, probably not. Why would you disagree? I'm a great driver and I know how to control power.

2007 Chevy Cobalt

Never again.

Looking to get a new car, any suggestions? Don't know on price range yet... What are some of your guys' favorite monetarily-moderate cars?

Well it depends on if I get a used car while waiting, probably not. Why would you disagree? I'm a great driver and I know how to control power.

Not sure if actually contemplating getting an M4 or is trolling..

It's completely unethical. Price is the first concern. Can you afford a car that costs $70,000+ dollars? Usually first cars cost around like 1/10th that price (and mine was ~$1500). And even if you could afford it, your first car shouldn't be that expensive. When something inevitably happens, you'll regret it.

Insurance is also going to be a gigantic nuisance. How old are you? 15ish? 16ish? Checked your profile. 17? How do you think it's going to sound to insurance companies: A mid-teen with a 500 horsepower, $70,000 German luxury sports car. Good luck getting anyone to insure that. 

It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are. Shit always happens. Matt Farah crashed a Honda Civic not so long ago, and he's usually behind the wheel of six figure supercars. He knows how to drive, yet he had a small mistake and something happened to him. Luckily, it wasn't bad, but it could have gone a lot worse. Now picture someone with less than a few years worth of experience, with 500 hp.. 500HP. I don't think you understand how much power that Bimmer has. My Infiniti has 200 some horsepower to the wheels, and I drive that like a madman. And it's quick. Trust me, you may think you know how to "control" the power, but it's not going to end up pretty. You just got your first car, you're going to want to show off. "Ooh, look everyone at my new car, and it's fast too" Maybe do a few drag races? Test acceleration a bit? I know I would. You're going to be going fast, don't lie. All it takes is a little mistake and you put yourself and everyone else on the road around you in danger. 

Here's some kid in an E46 M3; a car with 330 ish horsepower. The M4 has almost 200 more horsepower and weighs about the sane. Think about that.

Also, rule of thumb, if you have to convince others that you can "control the power" of a car, you probably can't control it :P And you don't hear Lewis Hamilton telling everyone how he's such a "great driver", either do you?  :P

Cheeky comments aside, what I'm trying to say is you may think once you know a bit more about cars, and the initial wave of adrenaline of owning a car passes, then you can look into getting an M4. Try to be realistic here. You still have a lot to learn, whether you want to admit it or not. A cheaper, base model F32 would not be a bad option if you have the cash, but there are so many reasons why an M4 (and any other performance oriented car) is a VERY bad idea.

Get something cheap. Learn to work on cars. Learn to appreciate them. Learn how to control yourself. Learn how to drive well (not fast, but well), then get a fast car. You'll also end up appreciating the car a lot more once you do that.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

2014 Ford Fiesta Sport (: need to tune the thing though.

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. That was a beast of a SUV. Wish I still had her. We ran over alot of downed trees back in the day.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

regardless of how good a driver you think you are, you first car has to be shitty, its the rule

yeahh my first car was jeep wrangler 2005 what was yours guys? B)

1998 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4, Still Driving it now.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

1995 Ford Falcon Ute

1dleLt4.jpg

That's when it died, the first time.

Now I have this: 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer RalliArt. She's my baby. (Generic stock photo)

5Ll8rrR.jpg

Not sure if actually contemplating getting an M4 or is trolling..

It's completely unethical. Price is the first concern. Can you afford a car that costs $70,000+ dollars? Usually first cars cost around like 1/10th that price (and mine was ~$1500). And even if you could afford it, your first car shouldn't be that expensive. When something inevitably happens, you'll regret it.

Insurance is also going to be a gigantic nuisance. How old are you? 15ish? 16ish? Checked your profile. 17? How do you think it's going to sound to insurance companies: A mid-teen with a 500 horsepower, $70,000 German luxury sports car. Good luck getting anyone to insure that. 

It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are. Shit always happens. Matt Farah crashed a Honda Civic not so long ago, and he's usually behind the wheel of six figure supercars. He knows how to drive, yet he had a small mistake and something happened to him. Luckily, it wasn't bad, but it could have gone a lot worse. Now picture someone with less than a few years worth of experience, with 500 hp.. 500HP. I don't think you understand how much power that Bimmer has. My Infiniti has 200 some horsepower to the wheels, and I drive that like a madman. And it's quick. Trust me, you may think you know how to "control" the power, but it's not going to end up pretty. You just got your first car, you're going to want to show off. "Ooh, look everyone at my new car, and it's fast too" Maybe do a few drag races? Test acceleration a bit? I know I would. You're going to be going fast, don't lie. All it takes is a little mistake and you put yourself and everyone else on the road around you in danger. 

Here's some kid in an E46 M3; a car with 330 ish horsepower. The M4 has almost 200 more horsepower and weighs about the sane. Think about that.

Also, rule of thumb, if you have to convince others that you can "control the power" of a car, you probably can't control it :P And you don't hear Lewis Hamilton telling everyone how he's such a "great driver", either do you?  :P

Cheeky comments aside, what I'm trying to say is you may think once you know a bit more about cars, and the initial wave of adrenaline of owning a car passes, then you can look into getting an M4. Try to be realistic here. You still have a lot to learn, whether you want to admit it or not. A cheaper, base model F32 would not be a bad option if you have the cash, but there are so many reasons why an M4 (and any other performance oriented car) is a VERY bad idea.

Get something cheap. Learn to work on cars. Learn to appreciate them. Learn how to control yourself. Learn how to drive well (not fast, but well), then get a fast car. You'll also end up appreciating the car a lot more once you do that.

I don't want to be rude or explain to much but the way I will be handling my financial situation all I can say is the M4 fits in my budget.

As for drag and speed. Like I said, I won't be driving like an idiot. Yes I will show off my car but only at the track or the dragway, that I will go to every few weekends I feel like. If I follow the speed limits I am pretty sure it's safe, even if it's a super powerful car. 

And like I said multiple times, what I primary like in a car is the acceleration, not the top speed. So I will be showing off on the road by simply accelerating really quick to the speed limit, ayyy.

The guy in the video is driving like an idiot, look how badly he is driving, going out of his lines and all.

EDIT: About the insurance I already checked with a company and it's available.

Now I have this: 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer RalliArt. She's my baby.

2014 Ford Fiesta Sport (: need to tune the thing though.

I hate both of you (yeah, jealous much). Joke aside, great cars there, treat them right!  :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

A 2001 VW Bora 1,6 petrol.

kpdGXIxh.jpg?1

1.6 for your first car? Insurance must be a pricey chap. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1.6 for your first car? Insurance must be a pricey chap. 

Well it's a cheap car so it doesn't have everything money can buy. Besides things don't work exactly like that in Finland. Prices don't skyrocket above 1,4 litres or anything.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Well it's a cheap car so it doesn't have everything money can buy. Besides things don't work exactly like that in Finland. Prices don't skyrocket above 1,4 litres or anything.

Ahh, I assumed it was the UK for some reason because of the colour of the numberplate. I failed to notice the drivers position. :P 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

My first car was a 1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

MjZqInN.jpg

gpJYLky.jpg

tszCsSv.jpg

nm0sh8f.jpg

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I hate both of you (yeah, jealous much). Joke aside, great cars there, treat them right!  :P

haha I am treating her right (I hope). Gonna sell in a few years and buy a nicer car hopefully

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

My first car was a 1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

Are those flames on the steering wheel?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum