Anyone else tired of seeing " best PC for $500 " ?

Luxpin_

All I see in the PC community now is whats the best PC for under $500 or $400 and its like ? just get a console lol anything under 900 just dont even bother.

What an idiotic thing to say, did you forget that a $500 PC, while humble, can be upgraded later? Not everyone can drop more than $500 on a single purchase.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

those are all CPU intensive games, soooo I dont know what your trying to prove.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

Not everyone wants a console, not everyone is rich enough to blow $1000+ on some metal and plastic.

Though I will admit it's annoying as shit and I'm really getting bored of this forum :c

The average age of people on this forum is probably in the teens. OCN's larger than LTT and has an older community if that's what you're looking for. There is a whole lot of noise on LTT forums.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The point of those videos is to show people that you don't need to spend $900 on a PC that's better than a console, threads like this are the reason they still get made ;)

Nope, not tired at all, because when I get tired of seeing the same question over and over, instead of pushing my mostly irrelevant opinion on them for asking what is mostly a legitimate question, I simply don't look at the thread or even avoid that sub forum for a while.   There are plenty of knowledgable people on these forums that we don't need to answer every single thread.  That's why I stopped posting in the Audio sub forum, I got tired of the same "which $50 headphone" and "should I get this headset/dac/soundcard".  There are at least 5 knowledgable people in the audio forum regulars that know what they are talking about who are active and keen to answer those questions. My reluctance is not needed.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Ermergerd flame war BEGIN!

Where's the Boongker ? Take me with you ... They are after me !!! 

But I do agree , get something for $650 at least for god's sake ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

All I see in the PC community now is whats the best PC for under $500 or $400 and its like ? just get a console lol anything under 900 just dont even bother.

What PC do you currently have?

Bullshit, a 500$ pc owns a console.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If this is about seeing same question over and over again, you have seen nothing. Come to any other subsection and you see same style of topics. In Storage its "Which SSD", in Air cooling "best cooler under $50" or "Best case fans". If you don't like replying to those, don't. But also don't make these stupid topics whining about them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm sorry but a 760 is horrible

Go tell that to all the GTX 750Ti peeps. Saying "I'm sorry but" is no difference from saying, "no offense but you're shit"

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Go tell that to all the GTX 750Ti peeps. Saying "I'm sorry but" is no difference from saying, "no offense but you're shit"

The advantage of a 750 Ti is that it is very low power and doesn't require any power adapters too.

The GTX 760 is alright, but not for the price it is usually going for

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

CPU intensive? Not at all, I was able to play League on lowest settings at 30-40fps on a Dell Laptop with an i3 with Intel HD Graphics. All those games are playable on high with an mid ranged APU like an A8-6600k. I know this because I played League with that same APU with 8GB 1600MHZ ram and was able to pull 100fps on highest.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

The advantage of a 750 Ti is that it is very low power and doesn't require any power adapters too.

The GTX 760 is alright, but not for the price it is usually going for

Yea I know that but most people who do build PCs usually have PSUs that are around 400-500w which can easily power a CPU and a 760. Most who get 750Tis are budget restricted or because they are upgrading a prebuilt.

Main Rig

XENON Build:  

Office Build:

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

if you only have 500 tho...you should be saving up more....

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

No these are all games that people are actually playing. No-one cares about Crysis 3 and all that...

Just look on twitch and you can quickly see what's actually popular and what people are actually playing

8XHgQif.png

Pretty much every game on that list will quite happily run on a $500 PC.

"anything under 900 dont even both" Umm, no. I got my pc for ~$430 and it is better than the consoles. Please stop talking.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

i3 4360 -  cheap cpu that can run any new games...

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

No these are all games that people are actually playing. No-one cares about Crysis 3 and all that...

Just look on twitch and you can quickly see what's actually popular and what people are actually playing

8XHgQif.png

Also this^^ League, CS:GO, Minecraft, hearthstone, etc all run fine on $500 pc's.

My Main PC:

Even a $1000 PC is EH anymore

With the current prices of gpu's... yes. 

My first home PC cost over $5000, so I don't know what the f*ck you guys are complaining about.  :huh:

$1000, lol... my ribbon printer at the time cost more than that.

On topic:  No, I don't get tired of people asking for $500 PC solutions.

So now the almighty PCMR has beaten consoles we are casting out our "peasants", we've got a full upper, middle and lower class war now.

8XHgQif.png

I haven't played a single one of those but regardless a $500 PC is a great place to start, people seem to forget you can upgrade rather than build another.

I'm sorry but a 760 is horrible 

Clearly you havent had one....

I have a 760 4GB at 1280Mhz... runs everything at 1080p ultra

Hell it even runs GTA V at 4K 45FPS (only textures and shawdows on very high rest normal)

Let's agree to disagree

Look at Frankenputer in my sig. Cost me $260 by purchasing [good] used parts and salvaging extra parts I wasn't using. If you factor in what I paid for the GTX 760 (even though I paid for it with cash from selling my 7950) it comes to $400 total. This will run most games at 1080p very high/ultra and cost less than a console.

Cheap but strong-performing PCs can be made if you know where to look and what to look for. Buying all new parts for a gaming PC on a budget can be more difficult - you're gonna get "good" performance, but not "great" performance out-of-the-box. However, it can be upgraded later and that's very important to keep in mind. With certain builds and budgets, I would argue that it makes more sense to spend a little more on certain components, sacrificing a bit on initial performance to maximize future upgrade performance. Example; going with an i5 and 750Ti or 270 instead of an i3 with a 960 or 280. Rationale; later on when you can afford to slap in a 290 or 970, you're gonna want (and need) that i5 instead. ;)

With regards to the OPs comments; You're ignorant to think any PC less $900 is pointless and to go for a console instead. There are far more benefits to PC gaming than just frame rates and eye candy. 

$1000+ builds are a little boring to me because there's very little to no challenge in trying to get the most performance for the lowest cost. The budget builds ($500-800) I find more fun due to the challenge. However, I too have grown a little tired of how many are posted. There are so many, most people could easily read through a few and come up with a general consensus of which group of parts would be best. In fact, unless you have some specific requirements for your build that differ from the majority, I wouldn't bother posting a "help me with my $500 gaming build" thread and would suggest you go read through the hundreds of others. Solution - I just avoid the "build & planning" section of the forum.  ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I don't understand your logic. My system was £650. Gaming on it has been fantastic.

1080p gaming is awesome. Med/high settings, with no problem.

£900 is more than enough for 1440p. Your logic is messed up.

@Luxpin_

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I don't understand your logic. My system was £650. Gaming on it has been fantastic.

1080p gaming is awesome. Med/high settings, with no problem.

£900 is more than enough for 1440p. Your logic is messed up.

@Luxpin_

£650 is about $1000 according to google

Yes however, I usually get excited around budget product launches.