Anyone else tired of seeing " best PC for $500 " ?

Luxpin_

no just no

$700 pc is good target for me. Makes a good pc for gaming and occasional work. But since I already have a PC ill never have to spend $700 again in one go unless i desperately need a top of the line GPU or something...

You cant get a top of the line gpu in a $700 dollar pc build.

Most of my posts are very controversial, please try not to get butthurt.

read what I said again please.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

read what I said again please.

my fault , I didnt read that little part after when you said ill never spend $700. My apoligies

my fault , I didnt read that little part after when you said ill never spend $700. My apoligies

not a problem ;) life is a learning experience!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

No, i'm implying that I dont stay on the forums all day because that one guy or girl whatever the hell it is because I highly doubt his profile picture is him said I stopped replying. Also , I am not wrong lmfao there are many people that agree with me.

And there are a lot more people who disagree with you, And how do you know it is not them in their avatar?

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

I've seen many great PCs built for $400 to $500. A lot of people say that price amount because they want a cheap, starting gaming PC. I don't see how that's anything to make fun of.

I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong forum to be posting that, bud.

Anyway, Happy Gaming! :)

well u dont need a top of the line gpu and i quoted your first post witch said "just get a console lol anything under 900 just dont even bother."

witch is not true at all

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I disagree with your "Anything under $900 don't bother" point, but I am tired of seeing it. They're all the same. Mini-ITX board, low-end Intel CPU, Source 210 case, CX430 PSU, a single 8GB dimm, and a 1TB HDD. Then whatever GPU you can fit in the budget. Meh.

My mini-ATX board, i5-4440, Source 210, CX430, GTX 970 and single 8GB dimm are offended.

My mini-ATX board, i5-4440, Source 210, CX430, GTX 970 and single 8GB dimm are offended.

*pats back* It's okay, buddy. It'll be okay.

Also , I am not wrong lmfao there are many people that agree with me.

People agreeing with you doesn't make you right. Your shortsighted approach to PC hardware is ridiculous and the fact that you seem willfully ignorant of the obvious logical arguments for low cost machines makes me think you're just shitposting. If you really think like this then perhaps you should go back to whatever elitist circle jerk you came from because you'll find few people here that are as deluded as you are.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

*pats back* It's okay, buddy. It'll be okay.

Just ordered the 970, so this is actually a pretty beast PC - certainly not the prettiest, but it's got it where it counts.

I'm honestly a bit tired of it.  But it still is a valuable niche.  You can get so much more past 500 dollars, but what if you didn't have 800 dollars or 1000 dollars, but you still want a good experience.

Anyone can build a nice 800-1000 dollar PC, you compromise less so you get more of what you want.  But at 500 dollars, you need to learn about what you can compromise on and what you can't.  That's what makes guides like that so valuable.  It teaches you things like "don't ever cheap out on your PSU"

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Just ordered the 970, so this is actually a pretty beast PC - certainly not the prettiest, but it's got it where it counts.

Heck yeah, man! I'm not dissing at all; I think that's a beast setup that will knock any console into the water.

GG! :)

You know the 500$ PC thing is also handy for lets say Parents who have had shoddy luck with buying HP's or Dells down the years or just want an alternate rather than paying inflated prices?. rather than paying like 500$ for some i3/Celeron with intel HD, a shoddy 230W PSU and something with the airflow of sticking your head in a plastic bag/suffocation. you can get a pretty decent system, that's quick enough for your kids to watch youtube and play their minecraft with their friends without struggle or even having to play on low, and is plenty upgradeable too.

also bare in mind not every person has about 1000$+ to spend on a PC too.

so no 500$ PC's are not pointless, They are great, specially these days where Banks/Goverments are robbing the People pretty hard.

Plus a 500$ PC build would make an awesome HTPC Too :).

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Not everyone wants a console, not everyone is rich enough to blow $1000+ on some metal and plastic.

Though I will admit it's annoying as shit and I'm really getting bored of this forum :c

A PC is not just plastic and metal! It's a companion :)

Heck yeah, man! I'm not dissing at all; I think that's a beast setup that will knock any console into the water.

GG! :)

It's funny how almost all of my components belong in a $500 build when my GPU alone was $350.

Your rig is pretty sweet too, and a 660 with a 4790 is interesting :P

People agreeing with you doesn't make you right. Your shortsighted approach to PC hardware is ridiculous and the fact that you seem willfully ignorant of the obvious logical arguments for low cost machines makes me think you're just shitposting. If you really think like this then perhaps you should go back to whatever elitist circle jerk you came from because you'll find few people here that are as deluded as you are.

Theres nothing wrong with being an elitist lol , jayztwocents is an elitist and he's one of the most famous tech youtubers.

Theres nothing wrong with being an elitist lol , jayztwocents is an elitist and he's one of the most famous tech youtubers.

There's nothing wrong with the idea no but I doubt Jayz would offer the same illogical opinion as you, getting the best bang for your buck is just as important to some people as it for others to get the best of the best hardware available. Being completely dismissive of the people who can't afford to drop X amount on a PC makes you an elitist and a dickhead.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Even a $1000 PC is EH anymore

You can build a hell of a pc with that. Something like that would qualify as I midrange gaming pc if that what you aimed it at.

Eh I don't mind em too much but this should only be updated when something major happens like "Oh well now we can put a 960 here since it's out" or "Oh look the 280 is really down in price" and not as often since it's always an i3 paired with a 750 or 260x anyway.

I agree I think we should maintain huge threads instead of 10 million tiny useless ones.

You can build a hell of a pc with that. Something like that would qualify as I midrange gaming pc if that what you aimed it at.

Done right, if you consider 1080p the "basic" level, you could call it a "high end".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm sorry but a 760 is horrible

All I can say in response is: Your horrible.

I believe 1080p 60fps is eh because nowadays this is standard , so over the top is not over the top its just above average.

Talk to consoles about that.

It's funny how almost all of my components belong in a $500 build when my GPU alone was $350.

Your rig is pretty sweet too, and a 660 with a 4790 is interesting :P

Yeah, it's definitely a unique combo haha. I was using the 660 for an older build I had with my Q6600, but I just recently upgraded. I actually ordered an i5-4690, but they messed up and accidentally gave me an i7-4790. The i5 would have been a better match up with the 660, but I got very lucky in the end. I'm going to be looking into getting a 960 very soon. :D

Yeah, it's definitely a unique combo haha. I was using the 660 for an older build I had with my Q6600, but I just recently upgraded. I actually order an i5-4690, but they messed up and accidentally gave me an i7-4790. The i5 would have been a better match up with the 660, but I got very lucky in the end. I'm going to be looking into getting a 960 very soon. :D

Oh damn, not a bad mix-up.

The 960 is a solid card, and is so power efficient you could pretty much run it by hamster wheel. Lots of OC potential!