First Ever PC Gaming Show At E3 Will Be Sponsored By AMD

Opcode

nvidia is sponsoring an event omg nvidia is so nice and awesome. amd is sponsoring an event OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE TERRIBLE

Exactly the mentality that's most prevalent here.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

The sad part is that this is just an event sponsorship. It's not like AMD did something evil and anti-competitive here to disadvantage Nvidia.

It's just a gaming show sponsorship, and yet people are scared.

Everybody wants AMD to stick around but they don't want em to gain any sort of advantage, it's like bullies that like to keep their favorite victim around.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If AMD, E3, or anyone affiliated with it, says that AMD CPU's are optimal for gaming... I'll kill em.

No brother, if it means 8 cores  will actually help, I will be smiling in the corner.

Come on AMD, give us the 390 already!!!

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Exactly the mentality that's most prevalent here.

you should see what happen if you type "amd" in other (non LTT) forums friend lol  :lol:

oh sweet hate, i love you  ^_^

(amd ftw)  :ph34r:

The sad part is that this is just an event sponsorship. It's not like AMD did something evil and anti-competitive here to disadvantage Nvidia.

It's just a gaming show sponsorship, and yet people are scared.

ye quite annoying, also dont understand how people can be scared when nvidia is way ahread in terms of revenue but in terms of performance amd and nvidia are on par

So there will be a new pc gaming show inside a show that is usually reported on heavily by many other pc gaming oriented shows and sponsored by a company that makes pc gaming parts.  Is this supposed to be a new idea or is it essential an extension of the AMD booth setup to look like an independent show?

AMD is just listed as a sponsor along with the others (but we both know why OP made this post ;] ). I'm more so iffy about Twitch (for various reasons) and Bohemia being sponsors.

Maybe Twitch will finally announce that they'll enforce their own TOS and Bohemia will announce a game that doesn't run like ass.

Guess I'll have something to look forward to this E3. I generally don't pay much attention to E3 since it's so console focused and therefore doesn't apply to me. Thanks AMD.

Notice how it says "AMD presents" and "powered by PC gamer".

If the event were to be powered by AMD, the entire venue would melt down.

Why would AMD power a show with NVidia 480 Fermi cards?

heat%20Geforce%20GTX%20480%2001.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Why would AMD power a show with NVidia 480 Fermi cards?

ah... I was wondering why the latest AMD cards were running hot. They're copying old Nvidia tech as always.  :lol:

Hopefully the event is interesting. AMD really needs some good exposure and they don't really have the money to willy nilly sponsor events. 

ah... I was wondering why the latest AMD cards were running hot. They're copying old Nvidia tech as always.  :lol:

Hopefully the event is interesting. AMD really needs some good exposure and they don't really have the money to willy nilly sponsor events. 

but they are not that hot just a terrible reference cooler design but with after market coolers they are on par with nvidia

It might have something to do with packing 2800 cores into a really small die.

but they are not that hot just a terrible reference cooler design but with after market coolers they are on par with nvidia

Maybe even better.

I cant find any Lightnings for the 980 or 970.

Also no vapor chambers :)

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

AMD are too poor lol, i would have preferred NVDIA as they would center it around VR

AMD is more involved in VR than Nvidia at this moment. I guarantee that liquidVR will likely be a part of this event at E3.

Maybe. However I think it'll be hard to top the way Nvidia launched the Titan X

It depends AMD can launch Fiji at Computex 2015 and then weeks later also showcase it at E3.

AMD is just listed as a sponsor along with the others (but we both know why OP made this post ;] ). I'm more so iffy about Twitch (for various reasons) and Bohemia being sponsors.

Maybe Twitch will finally announce that they'll enforce their own TOS and Bohemia will announce a game that doesn't run like ass.

Please do enlighten us.

We will likely see an oculus section, utilizing the Fiji VR dual-GPU card (and an Intel CPU, lol), along with a large presentation at some point, show-casing pc only games like Star-Citizen and what not, and a lot of fanfare about the possibilities of DX12 and Vulkan for low cost gaming PC's. who knows, maybe Valve will be there show-casing steam machines and Vive. 

There were rumors recently circulating about AMD launching their 390X or the 390XVR at E3. Seems its more than just a rumor. #hype

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Digital Storm, Bohemia Interactive, Twitch, Tripwire Interactive and PCGamer are sponsoring it as well, the title and the OP seem to focus really hard on AMD though with insignificant mentions of the others.

Ha.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Digital Storm, Bohemia Interactive, Twitch, Tripwire Interactive and PCGamer are sponsoring it as well, the title and the OP seem to focus really hard on AMD though with insignificant mentions of the others.

Ha.

AMD is bae though.

It might have something to do with packing 2800 cores into a really small die.

I'm just jokes guys  :P

I'm just jokes guys :P

Nvidia people usually just lol at the nuclear reactor Thermi jokes. See, we even made up our own name for how hot Fermi ran.

Why does everyone heff to be so mad, is only game.

I think AMD should be spending money on getting back to where they compete with Intel, not something like a gaming show.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm just jokes guys  :P

GOD DAMNNIT.

I thought I heard sarcasm...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

It depends AMD can launch Fiji at Computex 2015 and then weeks later also showcase it at E3.

What I meant was the way it gets announced/launched. The Titan X was launched out of nowhere during one of Unreal's Talks at this years' GDC. And the way it happened was golden to.

Are we allowed to bring Intel/Nvidia builds?

I don't think they'd care about Nvidia GPUs... On iAmApropos TS I was talking with Ed from Sapphire and one of the people from a Nvidia booth (Believe it was EVGA) said they used Sapphire AMD cards for testing against Nvidia cards... He later emailed the CEO and they confirmed it. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Nvidia people usually just lol at the nuclear reactor Thermi jokes. See, we even made up our own name for how hot Fermi ran.

Why does everyone heff to be so mad, is only game.

The 2 things that start/continue wars like that is cause and reaction.

If people would stop reacting and being offended then the world would be a better place.. .

None the less good luck AMD