First Ever PC Gaming Show At E3 Will Be Sponsored By AMD

Opcode

I dont see why they should be interested in Mac. Mac are not designed for these purposes and will probably never be. The cooling on those IMac is just sad.Plus, if you really want to game on a Mac then all you have to do is have Windows through boot camp. But I can understand what you are saying about Linux but you have to take in consideration that Linux has a very small user platform and it would not be worth it for developpers to code versions of their games for Linux. Here's some stats about operating system distribution amongst users: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

Well if they do port games to linux, then porting them to Mac would be fairly easy, so I do not see why not. Also, that's why there needs to be more support for linux. More support will surely increase market share.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

The topic is in no way biased in any regards, those who are under the impression so are more than likely the ones immediately offended by such actions of a company. If you can point out how biased my thread is feel free to try because 90% of the users here will openly let you know how wrong you are. None of the posts you've made thus far in this thread carry any weight while being nothing more than an outcry implicating someone is a "fanboy" or is "biased" due to the fact a thread about AMD got posted. It's a shame how true fanboys or biased people are flooding the community now days. Blindly following a company and constantly implicating one is ultimately better than the other. It's probably the single most annoying thing to those of us who honestly couldn't give two sharts about a label.

Telling me that my posts don't carry any weight won't help the fact that other companies sponsoring this event weren't mentioned in the original OP. This thread shouldn't be about AMD in the first place. Source is about first PC gaming show at E3 sponsored by AMD and others, so I'm not sure why you didn't mention them in the original OP. So yes, this is AMD biased topic, and no, nobody is offended because AMD is sponsoring this event.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Oh shit. I didn't even realize Sean Day[9] Plott will be hosting it until a second ago! Now I'm actually hyped! I hope to catch a live stream of it!

The off-topicness of the whole green vs red is getting out of control. Guys - keep it on topic for fuck's sake. I don't want to hear another "3.5GB lulz" or "AMD heat0rs herp derp" in this thread.

This is great that AMD is sponsoring it. Why? Marketing. This is no different then them paying for actual advertising (Possibly more effective). Plus AMD GPU's are extremely competitive, and hopefully (if they aren't stupid) they will be dropping LOTS of 300 series GPU info.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Curious, are these GPU's rumored to be 28nm or 14nm?

Curious, are these GPU's rumored to be 28nm or 14nm?

Mixed rumours. Most recent ones peg them at 28nm due to TSMC et al not having their node yields high enough.

But it's been so long since 300 series was announced, that who knows what's changed since then. I would personally assume they're still on 28nm and will save 14nm for the refresh.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Mixed rumours. Most recent ones peg them at 28nm due to TSMC et al not having their node yields high enough.

But it's been so long since 300 series was announced, that who knows what's changed since then. I would personally assume they're still on 28nm and will save 14nm for the refresh.

Yeah, im guessing that 14nm is probably going to wait til next year now too. thats what i really want, 14nm and probably HBM 2.0. delicious  :P

It's not bullshit, it's a fact that when you go over 3.5Gb, performance tanks.

I'm just saying, nVidia did that, you have forgiven them, but if AMD did that, you'd go berserk, since it's AMD. AMD GPU's offer great performance, comparable to nVidia GPU's.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/double%20standard

It's not remotely a fact. The performance degradation is 3% worse than the 980 when using that much VRAM. It's poor game programming and nothing to do with Nvidia.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It's not remotely a fact. The performance degradation is 3% worse than the 980 when using that much VRAM. It's poor game programming and nothing to do with Nvidia.

Eating up those nvidia numbers than dont account min FPS( Stutter) and frametime variance I see.

Eating up those nvidia numbers than dont account min FPS( Stutter) and frametime variance I see.

Independent reviews. Also, the stuttering is not unique to the 970 either, and most of the issues have been fixed by driver updates. It's 90% game implementation problems, not card problems.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

*sigh*

Its a load balancing issue and its not exactly easy to replicate . Some times you load up a game it does some times it doesn't.

If you have ever programmed in multi threaded environments sometimes you run a program without concurrency control and it may work 1 million times.

And at the million time + 1 it inst consistent . ( Just an example)

Its the same thing here and its not easily replicable.

Is the gtx 970 still a good card for the price? No doubt , its the best card for the price bar none at this moment .

Does it affect the cards performance significantly? Varies from user to user and from situation to situation but mostly no .

Should we forget what nvidia did or excuse what they did ? Nope , consumer rights are a thing and this was false advertisement and lack of respect for the consumer

thought and thought and I hope they never pull something like this again.

Except I know myself and two other members who actually tested the cards to their limits and found no such issues. Even when going over 3.5 gigs of VRAM I didn't see any horrible microstuttering.

Our eyes can't see over 30 fps anyways.

(that last line was a joke)

Telling me that my posts don't carry any weight won't help the fact that other companies sponsoring this event weren't mentioned in the original OP. This thread shouldn't be about AMD in the first place. Source is about first PC gaming show at E3 sponsored by AMD and others, so I'm not sure why you didn't mention them in the original OP. So yes, this is AMD biased topic, and no, nobody is offended because AMD is sponsoring this event.

They are mentioned in the OP although these are the same sponsors of E3 every year so it's nothing new. AMD is the primary backer (e.g. presenter of the event). Without the funds from AMD I doubt it would even take place (e.g. why AMD doesn't have a booth at E3 this year). The source is implicating that a company like AMD partnered with a few others to make such an event possible. Which more than likely you can assume where the idea initially originated.

I just want to see VR and Half Life 3 announcments

I'm not rooting for any of them per se, 

I'm rooting for AMD  :D

I prefer underdogs too but I paid for that by buying AMD CPUs of which have bad IPC, I now have buyer's remorse. So I will never root for anyone ever again.

(But their GPU is fine I guess)

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I prefer underdogs too but I paid for that by buying AMD CPUs of which have bad IPC, I now have buyer's remorse. So I will never root for anyone ever again.

Those 2 instances carry two different meanings. 

I mean that i'm currently rooting for AMD to get back into the game (seriously, they need to up their marketing) :D

As for companies themselves? Nope, i don't root for companies per se...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/root(check number 3)

You butchered my posts so it would seem like i'm contradicting myself... Next time quote the whole post, not only a part of it...

Guys its a sponsor. Do you see the others on there too? This isn't going to be about AMD (well maybe a wee bit) but about the developers listed. I rather doubt is going to be like a nvidia or amd keynote. Big names like that wee pro needed for this to even happen and im glad it is. PC gaming is growing and this shows that.

-snip-

Its a number of big name developers with Day9 running the show, that's what it is.

Looks like this thread got cleaned up in a hurry. I thank whom ever did that.

Looks like this thread got cleaned up in a hurry. I thank whom ever did that.

I've stayed away for the most part because of that.

My hope? That console gamers get lost and end up in the PC section and go "woah wait a minute...this is better."

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My hope? That console gamers get lost and end up in the PC section and go "woah wait a minute...this is better."

We should unite under the pç banner instead of tearing fellow pç gamers apart by what brand their choose to support.

AMD is giving exposure to pç gaming thats all that matters , we should all unite an rejoice instead of continuing with these fan boy wars.

We should unite under the pç banner instead of tearing fellow pç gamers apart by what brand their choose to support.

AMD is giving exposure to pç gaming thats all that matters , we should all unite an rejoice instead of continuing with these fan boy wars.

Agreed. We need a big banner at E3 that reads "COME SEE WHAT REAL GAMING LOOKS LIKE".

If this happens next year, @LinusTech should get a booth or something and do a seminar on PC building for beginners. Maybe the LTT community could band together and get some cheapo rigs that LTT could fix up and do a raffle or something. Would be cool to see.

Stuff like that new alienware console might make that a possibility. Maybe then with more "mainstream" complaints we might see games that are less broken. I mean I understand that its harder to develop for PC because there are so many different hardware sets and thats you dont just have one to optimize for. However when it doesnt work properly on most if not all current hardware that tells me your not doing something right. I think they just dont take PC seriously enough, games dont launch working.

Woops got a bit offtrack there...

Agreed.

Agreed. We need a big banner at E3 that reads "COME SEE WHAT REAL GAMING LOOKS LIKE".

If this happens next year, @LinusTech should get a booth or something and do a seminar on PC building for beginners.

*Imagines console players playing COD without auto-aim for the first time* :P

Not that I want to be a curmudgeon but not everyone it fit to build a PC im afraid.

Stuff like that new alienware console might make that a possibility. Maybe then with more "mainstream" complaints we might see games that are less broken. I mean I understand that its harder to develop for PC because there are so many different hardware sets and thats you dont just have one to optimize for. However when it doesnt work properly on most if not all current hardware that tells me your not doing something right. I think they just dont take PC seriously enough, games dont launch working.

Woops got a bit offtrack there...

They'll have to start, we surpassed the consoles in game sales last year. Hopefully we will this year as well.

Agreed.

*Imagines console players playing COD without auto-aim for the first time*  :P

Not that I want to be a curmudgeon but not everyone it fit to build a PC im afraid.

True enough. And I don't consider COD players to be a true part of the gaming community, they represent everything wrong with gaming, the same way that youtube comments represent everything that's wrong about the internet.

They'll have to start, we surpassed the consoles in game sales last year. Hopefully we will this year as well.

True enough. And I don't consider COD players to be a true part of the gaming community, they represent everything wrong with gaming, the same way that youtube comments represent everything that's wrong about the internet.

I think companies still launching titles X360 and PS3 over PC says something though. Less companies seem to be doing that now though. I hope Win10 DX12 manage to do the same thing with pushing the industry forward that WinVista and DX10 did. Back then they pushed titles using all the latest stuff. 64bit, multithreaded, DX10, and we still dont have that as standard for bigger titles how many years later?