First Ever PC Gaming Show At E3 Will Be Sponsored By AMD

Opcode

Actually, it's about ethics in journalism. Am I right?

God forbid OP tell us that it's half a dozen companies throwing this on

Yes, you're right.

I find it amusing when people are posting AMD biased topics, and when someone point that out, it gets marked as Nvidia or Intel fanboy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

New Bohemia game possible. Too bad the main sponsor's CPU's won't be able to run the game.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Yes, you're right.

I find it amusing when people are posting AMD biased topics, and when someone point that out, it gets marked as Nvidia or Intel fanboy.

The topic is in no way biased in any regards, those who are under the impression so are more than likely the ones immediately offended by such actions of a company. If you can point out how biased my thread is feel free to try because 90% of the users here will openly let you know how wrong you are. None of the posts you've made thus far in this thread carry any weight while being nothing more than an outcry implicating someone is a "fanboy" or is "biased" due to the fact a thread about AMD got posted. It's a shame how true fanboys or biased people are flooding the community now days. Blindly following a company and constantly implicating one is ultimately better than the other. It's probably the single most annoying thing to those of us who honestly couldn't give two sharts about a label.

Seriously, what's with the double standard... -_- Everyone hates on AMD and loves nVidia (with their 3.5Gb of VRam)... Give them a fair chance...

AMD makes both GPU's and CPU's, who says that they won't be sponsoring with only their GPU's and using Intel CPU's...

Please stop with the 3.5GB VRAM bullshit. It doesn't hold up anymore - it didn't affect the sales of the 970 much(if at all), and it has 4GB of usable VRAM. It's just the last 500MB is crippled.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Please stop with the 3.5GB VRAM bullshit. It doesn't hold up anymore - it didn't affect the sales of the 970 much(if at all), and it has 4GB of usable VRAM. It's just the last 500MB is crippled.

It's not bullshit, it's a fact that when you go over 3.5Gb, performance tanks.

I'm just saying, nVidia did that, you have forgiven them, but if AMD did that, you'd go berserk, since it's AMD. AMD GPU's offer great performance, comparable to nVidia GPU's.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/double%20standard

I'm just saying, nVidia did that, you have forgiven them, but if AMD did that, you'd go berserk, since it's AMD. AMD GPU's offer great performance, comparable to nVidia GPU's.

You are assuming my stand on AMD and asserting I would hold a certain position against AMD - yes I criticize them and I have not "forgiven" NVIDIA. Don't make assumptions.

FYI, I criticize all companies, including NVIDIA. I am brand agnostic.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You are assuming my stand on AMD. You are asserting I would hold a certain position against AMD - yes I criticize them and I have not "forgiven" NVIDIA. Don't make assumptions.

I'm not assuming your stand on AMD. I'm just assuming (and i'm ~85% sure i'm correct) that you have forgiven nVidia for 970 fiasco, while you have it against AMD that they're not "spending" enough money on their new architecture.

Zen architecture has been announce, they can't really hurry it up since they gave a deadline (i'm guessing they worked the architecture out, only testing and manufacturing is left, and you can't speed those things up, they take time).

And their GPU sales could use some help (their marketing is horrible), hence this show will help them a lot. AMD doesn't only make CPU's and earn their money from them, they also make GPU's.

Just because you're pumping more money into something, it generally doesn't mean that it'll produce faster results.

You can't know how he would react if AMD did this.  You make an assumption about his reaction to a hypothetical situation and then accuse him of double standards because of it.  This is more telling of your mindset on the matter than his, because your assumption is based on how you see nvidia, not how he sees AMD.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You can't know how he would react if AMD did this.  You make an assumption about his reaction to a hypothetical situation and then accuse him of double standards because of it.  This is more telling of your mindset on the matter than his, because your assumption is based on how you see nvidia, not how he sees AMD.

It's true that i don't know how he (or others) would react, but i can guess. Look at their reaction when someone mentions APU or FX CPU's. We are already seeing it. People massively recommend 970's over 290x (in instances where they're cheaper), even though 290x has almost identical, if not slightly higher (maybe 0.5%) performance (of course it depends on the task at hand and how the program is optimized). The difference in power consumption doesn't make that much of a difference (in most places it's probably around 5$ a year).

So, while it's partially true i'm assuming about his reaction in a hypothetical situation, there're already signs about how his reaction (i'm not saying that he would react like this, but some, if not most, of people on this forum would, so by his i mean those people).

I'm usually a fan of underdogs, and again, i'm fan of the current underdog (AMD).

Why don't you guys give them a chance? You're acting like they murdered your whole family... Maybe they'll use this chance to showcase Dx12 alongside their new GPU lineup.

I'm rooting for AMD :D

They are corporate companies. You shouldn't be rooting for anyone. That's a bad mentality.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

They are corporate companies. You shouldn't be rooting for anyone. That's a bad mentality.

I'm not rooting for any of them per se, since every company has profit in mind first, consumer second. I just give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Also, everyone has some kind of a company they're inclined to. For example, my sister's boyfriend likes Samsung (specifically their phones), i like Sony while my sister likes Apple. everyone is different :D

They announced new architecture that seems will be amazing (i also like the name "Zen" :D), and their new GPU lineup should also be quite a surprise :D

snip... (i'm not saying that he would react like this, but some, if not most, of people on this forum would, so by his i mean those people).

Again you are still making assumptions. On what grounds can you know how "most" people will react to a hypothetical scenario? The rage against and recommendations for any brand is quite well balanced by this community as a whole.  I know because I am always pulling people up when they make assumptions or threads are filled with ignorance. The worst brand for coping ignorant shit is apple,  People think I am an apple fanboy (I actually quite dislike the company and products), but reality is reality and somethings you cannot defend or argue because we do not have the evidence for it.  E.G assuming how people feel about AMD is neither fair nor evidential.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Also, everyone has some kind of a company they're inclined to.

Not everyone, I mean clearly you do you admit it, however I don't. I buy the most suitable product at the time of purchase, The only time brand is relevant to me is when they have such an exceedingly poor reputation (like no name PSU's) that I won't even consider looking at their range.  Other than that I don't care who makes it, so long as it's not shit, does the job and the price is comparative for the attributes.

Not everyone, I mean clearly you do you admit it, however I don't. I buy the most suitable product at the time of purchase, The only time brand is relevant to me is when they have such an exceedingly poor reputation (like no name PSU's) that I won't even consider looking at their range.  Other than that I don't care who makes it, so long as it's not shit, does the job and the price is comparative for the attributes.

^This right here is something that too many people forget-I'm speaking to you fanboys.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Again you are still making assumptions. On what grounds can you know how "most" people will react to a hypothetical scenario? The rage against and recommendations for any brand is quite well balanced by this community as a whole.  I know because I am always pulling people up when they make assumptions or threads are filled with ignorance. The worst brand for coping ignorant shit is apple,  People think I am an apple fanboy (I actually quite dislike the company and products), but reality is reality and somethings you cannot defend or argue because we do not have the evidence for it.  E.G assuming how people feel about AMD is neither fair nor evidential.

I'm just stating what i observe, and so far i observed this (thought last month or so i haven't been as active as much).

Yes, i have a company i like, as i stated, but i also in many of my posts have said that price to performance is the thing that matters. Hell, even thought i like Sony so much, i'd have went with Moto G if they had it on contract.

About no-names, i agree. I'd rather get a CM Elite (a sub par PSU) than a no-name PSU.

^This right here is something that too many people forget-I'm speaking to you fanboys.

Well, there're fanboys, and then there're people that prefer a certain company. Fanboys take it to the extreme (i'm looking at you iSheeps that wait for days to get a new iPhone)...

While i'm inclined towards AMD right now after that 970 fiasco, i'd still get a 970 if the difference was big enough (and for some time the difference here was ~150$).

First ever PC gaming show :)
And first time is always the best, right ;) ?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This probably means they have something to launch. We know the Zen CPUs are slated for 2016. So that leaves new GPUs...

or Carrizo

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I don't really understand why people are using VR as an arguing point on why Amd is a good sponsor, VR will fail inevitably just like motion controls. Hopefully amd does well though, they need some good publicity, but they also need good product

VR will fail inevitably just like motion controls

Doubt it. A lot of the best minds in gaming have worked on and solved hard problems in order to make VR improve tremendously over the last few years. And the vast majority of people who have tried the latest designs love it. Plus it has the flexibility to either be used as a just a display technology to increase immersion, or as something more interactive with more user input. What this means is that devs can use it in a manner that is appropriate to their game. Unlike motion control which most of the time just doesn't fit the game.

Doubt it. A lot of the best minds in gaming have worked on and solved hard problems in order to make VR improve tremendously over the last few years. And the vast majority of people who have tried the latest designs love it. Plus it has the flexibility to either be used as a just a display technology to increase immersion, or as something more interactive with more user input. What this means is that devs can use it in a manner that is appropriate to their game. Unlike motion control which most of the time just doesn't fit the game.

I still think there is a long way to go.

I recently tried an Oculus recently and the sub-pixels (especially the red ones) was very,very noticeable to the point where it was immersion breaking.

Its okay nvidia has understood that lying and deceiving its consumers is A-okay.

So next time they will do something worse.

It didn't hurt their bottom line so they don't care .

And to all the people that think NVIDIA didnt lie on purpose lol .

The card was launched , if they didnt know what happened at launch they certainly knew after 5 months when this was found out.

They just kept it to themselves untill it was found out to sell cards , which is scummy.

You're wrong. It doesn't.

How do I know this? I've actually used one.

You're wrong. It doesn't.

How do I know this? I've actually used one.

*sigh*

Its a load balancing issue and its not exactly easy to replicate . Some times you load up a game it does some times it doesn't.

If you have ever programmed in multi threaded environments sometimes you run a program without concurrency control and it may work 1 million times.

And at the million time + 1 it inst consistent . ( Just an example)

Its the same thing here and its not easily replicable.

Is the gtx 970 still a good card for the price? No doubt , its the best card for the price bar none at this moment .

Does it affect the cards performance significantly? Varies from user to user and from situation to situation but mostly no .

Should we forget what nvidia did or excuse what they did ? Nope , consumer rights are a thing and this was false advertisement and lack of respect for the consumer

thought and thought and I hope they never pull something like this again.