First Ever PC Gaming Show At E3 Will Be Sponsored By AMD

Opcode
"innovations that lie ahead"

It wouldn't be a totally bad idea for AMD to provide information on their new cards, E3 is a fairly mainstream thing so it would "introduce" Radeon to more people.

I'm... Not too sure how i feel about this...

I would've preferred for it to be Nvidia...

Edit: as per usual behaviour of the forum your not allowed to state your damn opinions about ANYTHING.

I Never said anything bad about AMD. I never said they weren't good enough to sponsor a gaming show.

Nvidia has a lot more interesting stuff than AMD IMO.

They have SHIELD. They have GRID. They have GameStream...

Your opinion is fair, but this is more about getting AMD out of a hole i s'pose, if they die we are all gonna get fucked a bit with inflation of nvidia and intel products

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Your opinion is fair, but this is more about getting AMD out of a hole i s'pose, if they die we are all gonna get fucked a bit with inflation of nvidia and intel products

Intel stands to lose more if AMD goes out of business and so does Nvidia. Both of them want AMD to stay in business so they can make a reliable profit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The sad part is that this is just an event sponsorship. It's not like AMD did something evil and anti-competitive here to disadvantage Nvidia.

It's just a gaming show sponsorship, and yet people are scared.

>Nvidia lies to the consumer about their 970 specs 

>Its okay Nvidia we forgive you lets move on , are you complaining about it ? You must be a cry baby or a SJW.

>AMD sponsors a pc gaming event

>AMD is shit , wtf are they doing with their time  , this is going to be shit.

51005740.jpg

The double standards are so funny , forgive me I need a new bag of popcorns for this . 

Its like AMD punched your first born or something .

51005740.jpg

The double standards are so funny , forgive me I need a new bag of popcorns for this . 

Wait, I thought Intel did that with their first cache-less Celerons.

PMSL

>Nvidia lies to the consumer about their 970 specs 

>Its okay Nvidia we forgive you lets move on , are you complaining about it ? You must be a cry baby or a SJW.

>AMD sponsors a pc gaming event

>AMD is shit , wtf are they doing with their time  , this is going to be shit.

-snip-

This is almost the same as i said it... Nobody even wants to give AMD a chance... -_-

I am looking forward to see what AMD can do, they might be small in comparison to Intel and Nvidia, but AMD is still a pretty big company.

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

Are we allowed to bring Intel/Nvidia builds?

I'll bring my IBM one so do as you wish !:P

All those people hating on AMD ... I personally have a nvidia gpu because it was a reasonable buy at the time.

If there were no competition from AMD, nvidia could raise the prices as much as they wanted to and slow down their new gpu releases.

Competition is good for everyone so I wish AMD makes a great comeback and kicks nvidias ass with their new lineup

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

I'm... Not too sure how i feel about this...

I would've preferred for it to be Nvidia...

Edit: as per usual behaviour of the forum your not allowed to state your damn opinions about ANYTHING.

I Never said anything bad about AMD. I never said they weren't good enough to sponsor a gaming show.

Nvidia has a lot more interesting stuff than AMD IMO.

They have SHIELD. They have GRID. They have GameStream...

Shield/Grid/GameStream... facepalm, so many interesting things /s. Maybe if you said physX ...

especially since AMD RELEASES NEW CARDS BEFORE E3

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

AMD are too poor lol, i would have preferred NVDIA as they would center it around VR

If you put it like that, I'm glad AMD is sponsoring it.

Seriously, fuck VR IMO.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Can this forum get any more ''green'', than it already is? Geezee people... a really big company sponsoring gaming show. That's a great thing, not a reason to whine. 

This forum is so pro blue and green it makes me cringe almost every thread. 

This forum is so pro blue and green it makes me cringe almost every thread. 

At least not liking amd cpus makes sense if you are talking at gaming at least . They are horrible at gaming .

But they make GREAT budget workstations.

But the hate on AMD gpus is utterly irrational and misguided, amd gpus are the best value under 310 dollars IMHO.

At least not liking amd cpus makes sense if you are talking at gaming at least . They are horrible at gaming .

But they make GREAT budget workstations.

But the hate on AMD gpus is utterly irrational and misguided, amd gpus are the best value under 310 dollars IMHO.

Can you link to some AMD GPU hate in this thread? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Can you link to some AMD GPU hate in this thread? 

AMD hate in general , theres plenty of it however.

AMD are too poor lol, i would have preferred NVDIA as they would center it around VR

Notice how it says "AMD presents" and "powered by PC gamer".

If the event were to be powered by AMD, the entire venue would melt down.

*sigh*

That last one refers to how hot their cards are .

Supposedly.

*sigh*

Supposedly.

Reference cards from Nvidia and AMD are all hot-so yeah that kind of is hate.

PMSL

Reference cards from Nvidia and AMD are all hot-so yeah that kind of is hate.

The only hot amd card is the 290(x) , and even then if you have a non ref cooler its not an issue.

My 270x from MSI does 60 C in load . Its the coolest card I have ever owned. 

Oh and its full of dust so clean I can get even better thermal performance with lower fan speed. 

The only hot amd card is the 290(x) , and even then if you have a non ref cooler its not an issue.

My 270x from MSI does 60 C in load . Its the coolest card I have ever owned. 

Oh and its full of dust so clean I can get even better thermal performance with lower fan speed. 

I said reference for a reason. Aftermarket cooling would be pointless if it was as bad or worse.

PMSL

*sigh*

Supposedly.

The very first shit dig in this thread about a GPU was post 36, a dig at Nvidia cards from an AMD fanboy.   Then post 54 the second dig at a GPU was also at Nvidia.  I would not say it is green biased at all in here.  There really isn't that much hate for AMD, certainly not enough to warrant the amount of complaints and erroneous accusations.

Why would AMD power a show with NVidia 480 Fermi cards?

heat%20Geforce%20GTX%20480%2001.jpg

Seriously, what's with the double standard... -_- Everyone hates on AMD and loves nVidia (with their 3.5Gb of VRam)... Give them a fair chance...

AMD makes both GPU's and CPU's, who says that they won't be sponsoring with only their GPU's and using Intel CPU's...

I didn't see anyone complain about these posts, Seriously people need to learn to chill out.  The butt hurt is unbelievable.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Pshh like AMD can afford to sponsor anyone xD /s

But yea, if anyone says that AMD > Intel for performance, they can be stabbed.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The very first shit dig in this thread about a GPU was post 36, a dig at Nvidia cards from an AMD fanboy.   Then post 54 the second dig at a GPU was also at Nvidia.  I would not say it is green biased at all in here.  There really isn't that much hate for AMD, certainly not enough to warrant the amount of complaints and erroneous accusations.

I didn't see anyone complain about these posts, Seriously people need to learn to chill out.  The butt hurt is unbelievable.

Oh you dont enjoy the AMD is poor and is for poor people jabs.

And the "all amd cards are flamethrowers jab".

Honestly what upsets me is the ignorance , I don't like it . If someone said the GTX 970 was shit value I would correct them on that as well ( because it inst true at all) , its not about 

brand loyalty , its about ignorant people spreading their ignorance which irks me off.

Oh you dont enjoy the AMD is poor and is for poor people jabs.

And the "all amd cards are flamethrowers jab".

Honestly what upsets me is the ignorance , I don't like it . If someone said the GTX 970 was shit value I would correct them on that as well ( because it inst true at all) , its not about 

brand loyalty , its about ignorant people spreading their ignorance which irks me off.

What?

You made a claim that people are hating on AMD GPU's, all you could show for it was some snide remarks that generalise.  I showed two posts with direct digs at specific Nvidia cards.  There is no real green bias, it's a figment of the imagination because there are just as many AMD fanboys spreading erroneous BS and getting all upset as there are snide remarks concerning amds ability to compete (which happens to be a fact not just an ignorant joke).

I very rarely make jokes regarding any company, but I have said it before and I'll say it again;  They happen, it would be a droll place without jokes.  However getting butthurt over jokes about AMD and not over jokes about Nvidia is petty.  The only time I don't like jokes is when they get told ad nauseum Like the digging meme.

LTT learn to laugh.

What?

You made a claim that people are hating on AMD GPU's, all you could show for it was some snide remarks that generalise.  I showed two posts with direct digs at specific Nvidia cards.  There is no real green bias, it's a figment of the imagination because there are just as many AMD fanboys spreading erroneous BS and getting all upset as there are snide remarks concerning amds ability to compete (which happens to be a fact not just an ignorant joke).

I very rarely make jokes regarding any company, but I have said it before and I'll say it again;  They happen, it would be a droll place without jokes.  However getting butthurt over jokes about AMD and not over jokes about Nvidia is petty.  The only time I don't like jokes is when they get told ad nauseum Like the digging meme.

LTT learn to laugh.

Oh and the AMD flamethrower joke inst thrown ad nausem .

Thats news for me.

At least the nvidia jokes are true , the 3.5 GB slower memory jokes are accurate because thats exactly what it has .

The only hot AMD cards are the hawaii ones and even then with a non ref cooler its not as bad as people make it out to be.

At last. I hope more and more gaming companies will start to actually give a fuck about the PC platform... And by PC I do not only mean Windows. Also Linux and Mac.

I dont see why they should be interested in Mac. Mac are not designed for these purposes and will probably never be. The cooling on those IMac is just sad.Plus, if you really want to game on a Mac then all you have to do is have Windows through boot camp. But I can understand what you are saying about Linux but you have to take in consideration that Linux has a very small user platform and it would not be worth it for developpers to code versions of their games for Linux. Here's some stats about operating system distribution amongst users: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Oh and the AMD flamethrower joke inst thrown ad nausem .

Thats news for me.

Of course it is.  and it's just as silly. My point is that there is no bias on these forums, there are just as much shit stirring about all products on these forums, In fact apple might take the cake tor coping the most shit not AMD, but as far as unnecessary statements regarding the relevance or quality of GPU brands go there is no bias.  You complain about people spreading ignorance yet you make claims that are.