First Ever PC Gaming Show At E3 Will Be Sponsored By AMD

Opcode

I think companies still launching titles X360 and PS3 over PC says something though. Less companies seem to be doing that now though. I hope Win10 DX12 manage to do the same thing with pushing the industry forward that WinVista and DX10 did. Back then they pushed titles using all the latest stuff. 64bit, multithreaded, DX10, and we still dont have that as standard for bigger titles how many years later?

Well, with PC, there's always the "f**k it, we'll do it ourselves" Option. I know I for one plan on making the game I've been dreaming about, some day. My hope is to get a decent job, buy some property, rent it out, and maybe get to a point where I can cut back on actual work, and work on my hobbies. The game I want to make would be like a mix of dying lights gameplay, DayZ's openness, Skyrim/morrowind/oblivion amount of content, and a Metro setting....with zombies, and mutants, and all that good stuff. Open PVP yes? But, control the PVP by having the environment be such a large threat that going out and just killing any random person you see becomes a VERY dangerous proposition.

Kill another player? Okay, here comes a crap ton of npc enemies who heard the gun shot, oh, you used a melee weapon? Here comes a crap ton of zombies smelling you covered in blood....

Implement a factions kind of system (like guilds in SWTOR or ESO), along with a good long storyline and raid type stuff (for instance, sneaking into that aging, half blown up nuclear power plant to loot goodies). And you've got gold.

Oh, and did I mention that the in game map, would be all 7 continents, divided by country? That'd be another way to control the PVP, everyone would be so spread out in the beginning. Not doable now, by any means, but 20 years from now? Maybe. Maybe when you and your friends comandeer some kind of ship, to travel across the ocean, you come upon some kind of mysterious derelict military ship.....full of who knows what? :D

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honestly, the petty spatting and slap-fights between Nvidia and AMD fanboys is just the same as that between Xbox and Playstation fanboys.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Honestly, the petty spatting and slap-fights between Nvidia and AMD fanboys is just the same as that between Xbox and Playstation fanboys.

And I also have no fucking idea what consoles had to do with this thread either.

Insecure fanboys everywhere.

And I also have no fucking idea what consoles had to do with this thread either.

Insecure fanboys everywhere.

Lol. Consoles have nothing to do with this thread. I was just drawing the comparison between the two groups.

Of those who consider themselves "PC elitists", many would like to believe they are "above" the "console peasants", whom argue amongst one another as to which console is better, yet here we are in the midst of another Nvidia vs AMD flame war... They are really no different than the "console fanboys" they look down on. ;)

Insecure fanboys everywhere, indeed. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Lol. Consoles have nothing to do with this thread. I was just drawing the comparison between the two groups.

Of those who consider themselves "PC elitists", many would like to believe they are "above" the "console peasants", whom argue amongst one another as to which console is better, yet here we are in the midst of another Nvidia vs AMD flame war... They are really no different than the "console fanboys" they look down on. ;)

Insecure fanboys everywhere, indeed.

I meant with Trik above brining in consoles that had zero relation to the OT just to shitpost about them.

This thread is classic LTT tropes. AMD nuclear reactor jokes? Check. GTX 970 shitposting? Check. Console users are peasants? Check.

Surprised GabeNs fat ballsack hasn't been mentioned before now...

I meant with Trik above brining in consoles that had zero relation to the OT just to shitpost about them.

This thread is classic LTT tropes. AMD nuclear reactor jokes? Check. GTX 970 shitposting? Check. Console users are peasants? Check.

Surprised GabeNs fat ballsack hasn't been mentioned before now...

I got that consoles were involved because E3 is generally dominated by consoles, and PC is going to there for the first time (you know...the words "First Ever PC Gaming Show at E3") , but that's just me reading the title and understanding the topic..... rather than slinging insults left and right from my high horse, which is about all you seem to do these days.

200_s.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs