The Most Ridiculous Skyrim Mods People Are Trying To Sell On Steam

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

This is basically Horse Armour from steam. what did you expect ?, it attracts more people to quit other sites who offer mods and jump onboard to steam . and why does steam have the authority to take 75% of the cut ? it's not even their game. they are taking a cut for absolutely doing nothing .

Since Valve enabled users to charge money for mods on Steam, people have uploaded all sorts of wild things onto the Steam Workshop. Some are serious. Some are jokes. And some are actively taking a jab at Valve for having the ‘gall’ to do something like this.

1223119626796453296.png

ome of the most absurd things I found on the workshop. Note that not all of these have necessarily been approved yet, and very well may disappear from the workshop by the time you read this. This $99 horse genitals mod, for example, is now gone. So is the $100 Gabe Newell genitals mod. No surprises there, eh?

Golden Potato Mod, $9.99

1223119626899330992.png

This downloadable expansion for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim adds a unique and extraordinary item to the game: the Golden Potato. Found sitting upon the well in the heart of Whiterun, the Golden Potato adds a unique experience to the Skyrim gameplay. It’s a collectible, a food item, a potato, and golden! The Golden Potato mod is the true Elder Scrolls experience you’ve never had! Join the elite club of Golden Potato owners today.

Extra Apple Mod, $29.99

1223119626988614064.png

Have you ever walked into the Bannered Mare and thought to yourself: “Man, this place could use an extra apple.”? Well, worry no longer! “Extra Apple” adds another apple to the counter in the Bannered Mare.

Micro Transactions, $49.99

1223119627116364976.png

Do you not have much time? Or you do you just want to get through the game as quick as possible? Well, you’re in damned luck! I’m introducing, micro transactions! An easy way to get any item as long as you work for it! All the money goes straight to charity, me!

Chicken Companion, $0.49

1223119627199543216.png

The mod adds a chicken companion wearing a helmet and backpack to the game. He can be found standing in front of High Hrothgar. The chicken counts as an animal follower, can be used with a normal human follower and does not effect stealth.

Steam Main Menu Replacer, $0.49

1223119627500007856.png

To celebrate paid mods on steam, here’s a brand new main menu screen, with a steam theme!

Rubbish! $2.49

1223119627540360624.png

This mod adds rubbish to skyrim.

Epic Helgen Bear Overhaul, $99.99

1223119627613233072.png

Makes the bear in the Helgen Keep caves much larger, resulting in a more challenging, realistic, dramatic, immersive and lore-friendly final battle.

Kill Jerlov, $0.25

1223119627751087536.png

This mod allows you to kill Jerlov, the quest giver NPC that is normally invulnerable in Jimo’s $0.50 USD “Lambda Locator” mod.

Source : http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/workshop/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Meh, I don't know what valve expected to happen

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

This is wonderful.

I am tempted to make a shitty re-texture too and put it up for 10 USD.

This is not how modding is suppose to be

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I already know where to find GabeNs genitals...all over the faces of people still defending their actions. 

I'm going to upload a relatively basic mod. One that has everyone say "fuck you fuck you fuck you". I'll get rich. I'll use the proceeds to buy Gabe Newell a brain, since he sure as fuck doesn't have a working one right now. 

Not kidding, i would pay for the chicken..

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I'm not surprised that people are being complete cunts about the mod system on Steam. Then again, between Patreon, Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, Early Access, Anita Sarkeesian, Etsy and Preorder Culture, I totally expect most of the mods to be shit or a copy of something else and I totally expect people to pay stupid more it while the mod creators let their ego grow thinking they are the next big thing. That being said, there may be a good mod here and there but most of the good things will probably stay off of Steam.

How will the good ones stay off of steam??  Someone will just steal it, and upload it.  And steam has every motivation not to care.  They will likely encourage it.

golden poop mod?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I was thinking the same thing. $0.49 for a pet chicken warrior. Sounds like a great deal to me! Everything else. Meh.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

Oh man, some of these are truly epic, the menu reskin is particularly good.

That my whole weeks quota of laughing used up.

Cheers OP :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

LOL the Extra Apple Mod got me :P

hm kinda weird I just got back to playing Skyrim and started modding a few days ago. Well good to know that there are still 100s if not 1000s of free mods on Nexus Mod Manager alone.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

why does steam have the authority to take 75% of the cut ?

The original publisher determines the percentage that the modders will receive, presumably Valve gets 30% or whatever their usual slice is and the publisher takes the rest.

I won't be buying any that's for sure, regardless of the percentages. What has surprised me is the scale of the backlash, barely anyone arguing this is a good thing.

I was thinking the same thing. $0.49 for a pet chicken warrior. Sounds like a great deal to me! Everything else. Meh.

It's actually an old mod. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34005/?

I know a lot of people affectionately refer to him as CHICKENBORN! He's more or less just a mobile chest, since he can't actually fight.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

If there's going to be a shitty mod market place, at least do these few things.

1. Make it "pay what you want", with a developer-set minimum amount, like $3, not fucking $30.
  2. Moderate it like crazy. There is nothing stopping me right now from taking some random mod off of Nexus, putting it on the store and making cash. This moderation needs to extend to the quality of the product too, so no more "HD horse dicks".
  3. Valve should get around 10%. All they are doing is making money off Bethesda, making money off of content creators. Bethesda should get something close to 25%, since it is their game and they're legally allowing people to profit off it.
  4. The mod MUST be guaranteed to work, and must be actively kept up to date, and must be compatible with other mods. 
    4a. The mod should NOT require another paid mod to make the mod work. It's like having to buy GTA4 to make GTA5 work. (The skyUI people are a great example of this sort of fuckery)
    4b. If the mod cannot be updated, if the developer gives up or otherwise, the mod should become free. Why the hell should you pay for something that probably doesn't work, that the developer doesn't care about?
  5. LISTEN to what the community has to say. Valve just went fuck all with this, and as a result, people are boycotting Steam with GOG and NexusMM.

Can't wait til I can torrent these $100 mods for free... hehe

Modding is what used to make the PC community so amazing. Look at the mods that have turned 10 year old games into awesomeness. Now, people are going to be forced to pirate mods, because they can't pay for them. Gabe Newell said "Our goal is to create greater service value than pirates, and this has been successful enough for us that piracy is basically a non-issue for our company." Boy, has that changed. I remember, the only reason I have so much time in most games, is because of mods. Mods made me keep going back to older games. Now, I can't afford it. Most people won't be able to afford it.

Modding should be a passion. When I used to develop Minecraft mods (yes, I know, minecraft), I never dreamed making money; I didn't want to, not even ad-based revenue through adfly. For those who did want to make money from their work, there was services like adfly, but there was no paywall. If I wanted to download a mod, or watch a video, I didn't have to pay a fucking fine for it, I just had to sit through a few advertisements. To me, this is just a bad idea.

I might be wrong.

-snip

1. There is a pay what you want system with the minimum starting at $0.25, and going up to $99.00

2. There are only 17 mods for sale right now all the mods mentioned by the OP are under review by the community for a week (I think) before they are downloadable.

3. Agreed

4. Not going to happen

5. Agreed

Most of these mods are being uploaded in protest to the new changes and are not expecting to see a dime.

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Gaybe wake the fuck up man you are ruining what you built in over a decade

Does the Chicken Follower support CBBE?

;)

I'd pay $0.49 for a follower chicken, so long as it had some dialogue...