GTX 980 Ti Potentially Launching Mid-Late May

Rock48

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gm200-gpu-possibly-arriving-q2-2015-custom-variants-greenlight/

Last week, an interesting rumor popped out of nowhere that NVIDIA might be preparing the GeForce GTX 980 Ti graphics card. The graphics card is said to feature the same GM200 GPU core which is fused on NVIDIA’s GTX Titan X and the Quadro M6000. Both cards are as high-end as it gets for both workstation and gaming markets however the come at a really high price. The GeForce GTX 980 Ti, that launches in Q2 2015 is going to feature a more better price range compared to Titan X by skimming down on a few things.

It can be expected that the card will be faster than the Titan X since the GeForce GTX 780 Ti was faster than the original Titan even though it had only 3 GB VRAM available compared to 6 GB on GTX Titan. The GTX 980 Ti will be a similar case featuring 6 GB VRAM compared to 12 GB on the Titan X but being faster due to higher clocks and custom variants.

66319cf5f55deaecb806da6053df0441.png

If this proves to be true, I'm for sure going to be buying a GTX 980Ti. Though as people have pointed out, if this is true, the people who bought a Titan X aren't going to be particularly happy. NVidia's got a bit of a dilemma here, if it's not powerful enough then 390X will beat it, if it's too powerful then Titan X owners are gonna feel cheated. Anyone else though is in for a a great card.

Zs3UxAr.png

I WAS WAITING FOR THAT CARD.

(A moderator will fix it :P)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Zs3UxAr.png

I was shocked for a second when I saw the title in my notification :D ....

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gm200-gpu-possibly-arriving-q2-2015-custom-variants-greenlight/

66319cf5f55deaecb806da6053df0441.png

If this proves to be true, I'm for sure going to be buying a GTX 980Ti

More news about the gtx 980ti yay *yawn* B)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I need a new GPU, I will be definitely looking into this if it's released, hopefully AMD's offering is good with the 390x. If not I fear I may never go AMD ever. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

so what is the point of the titan x?

It's for people who want the best most expensive single gpu in the world.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

12GB VRAM.

how many people use 12GB of vram and the 980 ti will have at least 6GB so thats already plenty

It's for people who want the best most expensive single gpu in the world.

980 ti is clocked higher so it should be faster why would you buy something because it is expensive

how many people use 12GB of vram and the 980 ti will have at least 6GB so thats already plenty

The Titan was never meant to make sense for "many people", it's for everyone else.

The Titan was never meant to make sense for "many people", it's for everyone else.

except it doesnt make sense to those people either because of the low double precision 

980 ti is clocked higher so it should be faster why would you buy something because it is expensive

Comparing clock speeds on two different gpus won't mean a thing in real life performance.

Comparing clock speeds on two different gpus won't mean a thing in real life performance.

the titan x and 980 ti has the same graphics processors basically so it is a valid comparison 

the titan x and 980 ti has the same graphics processors basically so it is a valid comparison 

But nvidia aren't stupid if the 980ti is cheaper than a titan x then it will be worse than the titan x.

1: gg1HYpK.png

2: I still don't buy it, and I won't until there is some statement from Nvidia.

3: Even if it is released, I have a hard time with "they are going to cut down just the vram". That's how to fuck over those of us who bought a Titan X for the raw power of it. Expect a lower power variant, cut down SMMs, ROPs, etc.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

But nvidia aren't stupid if the 980ti is cheaper than a titan x then it will be worse than the titan x.

other than vram which few people will use it is not worse unless they give it 1/64 double precision performance instead of 1/32

I don't think NVIDIA would make a new card that just has a slightly higher core clock and less ram, maybe the OEM coolers are the main reason

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

except it doesnt make sense to those people either because of the low double precision 

Who's talking about double precision? I'm talking about multiple screens and / or big resolutions.

Just like the 780 Ti was worse than the Titan Black?

Yes (I think) a more expensive card will have better performance and it will happen that way.

Zs3UxAr.png

I had written the title and accidentally hit the back button, wrote it in a bit of s hurry the second time around

I don't think NVIDIA would make a new card that just has a slightly higher core clock and less ram, maybe the OEM coolers are the main reason

it also has the low pricing which begs the question why did it cost 300 dollars more for 6GB of vram

Looks like a faster Titan with lesser Vram 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case