Experiences with non-techies

Yesterday, I had the weirdest conversation with a tech guy at a computer supplies store. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Do you have a DisplayPort Cable?"

Tech Guy: "Yea, we do. What type of DisplayPort cable are you looking to buy?"

Me: "A Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort"

Tech Guy: "Sir there are names for Display Port, like VGA, HDMI, DVI etc."

Me: "err... the name of the connection is called DisplayPort !!!"

Tech Guy: Calls two other tech guys. They come over and tell me "Sir, there is no such thing as a cable called DisplayPort !!!"

Me: "... I look some other place thanks"

No way am I going back to that place. I pity their customers... does anyone have experiences like this?

I wouldn't have walked away. Tell them to look it up.

I dont know why people would waste there money on that rack and piece of crap.

it's better than having the PC on the floor...

Yesterday, I had the weirdest conversation with a tech guy at a computer supplies store. The conversation went like this:

Tech Guy: Calls two other tech guys. They come over and tell me "Sir, there is no such thing as a cable called DisplayPort !!!"

No way am I going back to that place. I pity their customers... does anyone have experiences like this?

The people at the shops here are getting more literate... but yeah, had an experience like that once...

You should buy an DisplayPort cable and the take the cable AND THE MONITOR and show them.... and then you should call them Console Peasents!

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

You should buy an DisplayPort cable and the take the cable AND THE MONITOR and show them.... and then you should call them Console Peasents!

don't forget to show them a graphics card with displayport aswell.

don't forget to show them a graphics card with displayport aswell.

That would be an ultra facepalm

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Nah just show them Linus' techquickie video on DisplayPort

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Check these links out, you may understand what Google Ultron is then :D

http://imgur.com/gallery/iJD8f

http://imgur.com/gallery/AOz0d

It's hilarious, you should really read everything! :)

I should have Google "Ultron" and Adobe Reader on a USB flash drive just in case now.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Show them the display port you bought somewhere else. If they say thats something else, slap them in the face with the extention.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

it's better than having the PC on floor...

A. Most people put it on their desks.

B. Most people install the power supply fan up so you cant suffocate it on the floor.

So it does not make sense. Anyways, if anybody used that on a NUC, I would start screaming.

A. Most people put it on their desks.

B. Most people install the power supply fan up so you cant suffocate it on the floor.

So it does not make sense. Anyways, if anybody used that on a NUC, I would start screaming.

A. not where I live.

B. point taken...

C. I'll use it on a Raspberry Pi.

Most people install the power supply fan up so you cant suffocate it on the floor.

I did it not to stop the fan vacuming the floor, but because  I didn't like the look of the 'stats sticker'[1] and prefered the looks of the fan and grill.

tweak_dk_Corsair_RM750_35.JPG

[1]Voids the warranty if removed.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

C. I'll use it on a Raspberry Pi.

The raspberry pi doesnt even have a heatsink it would be a waste of money lol

A friend says he built a computer, so I ask him the specs. He starts talking about the intel i9 processor and how he had 128 gb of ram and 4 way sli with 780tis in it (back when those just came out). I contained my laughter and asked him to show me a pic. He pulls a picture of a raspberry pi up on his phone and I just stood there like o____o.

For the love of Gaben tell me it was troll... :D

Nope. They were serious.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

This guy I know told me he hated his old system because his stock FX-8350 and dual Firepros just wouldn't run under the 1500W PSU he had. I told him BS cuz 1500 watts was most definitely plenty.

He told me "OH so you think you know more about MY computer than I do? Even though I ran the benchmarks on it?" 

Me: "Yeah, and what did you use for the wattage readout?"

Him: "The BIOS tells you."

ME *shaking head* "Umm... no it does not. And even if it could, it would not tell you it were using anywhere near 1500 watts. Your PC is at idle when sitting in the BIOS."

People need to learn - the wattage listed on your power supply has no correspondence with how much power your PC is actually using.

And in case you're wondering, in his case, his 8350 and dual Firepros (if he were using the super power-hungry W9100's) would use 725 watts (under max load).

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have tons but I feel guilty dropping them all here so I won't. . . . . . . . .  naaaahhh here have another one.

non verbatim

freind: I played a lot of games on my mac yesterday.

me: Games? Amnesia, angry birds uhhhmm angry birds.

friend: No, seriously! you can play a lot of Windows only games on a MAC. You just need to change the settings and codes of the game, it's pretty easy actually.ZMayvNM_700wa_0.gif

I mean, I guess you could use Wine but you most definitely do not edit the code for the game nor do you need to change settings within the game itself xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Update on that Asus Jeans thing... They have a website: www.asusjeans.com/en I am now officially confused...

asusjeans is a turkish comapny.

:) i know because i baught stuff from them before. :D its really nice stuff actually.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Nope. They were serious.

*opens drawer on me right* oh how many earl 00's camera phones i've burned through.....

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen