Experiences with non-techies

No, she literally refers to wi-fi and not the use of mobile networks. She probably isn't smart enough to comprehend half of these concepts. She imagines them as she describes them; to the word. Meaning she has no understanding of her own retardation, she only comes out with stupid shit that sounds smart but in reality makes her sound like a dummy.

Some people man... some people...

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Some people man... some people...

See, there's all these countries who want to enhance their internet usage and undersranding of technology but then there's these motherfuckers who will never have any other clue apart from "Shiny means good".

I wish shiny meant good so then I wouldn't have felt like cutting myself while watching Jupiter Ascending...

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Devil's advocate

I mean it could be kinda done if the bracelet had port for SIM card with paid connection for it to work like a access point. But since almost any smart phone can do that there is no need for that.  :D

...or if the bus itself was like a wireless hotspot . 

Damn Edinburgh buses are like that . 

Retarded or ahead of her time? :P

http://lothianbuses.com/news/article/Free-wi-fi-on-all-Lothian-Buses

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

True, true. I meant it more like people who doesn't have smart phone but could still utilize that sort of a thing somewhere on a vacation without internet connection for example :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

What is it with schools and terrible IT? Seriously.

The IT at my school are pretty good actually. I know that 3/5 of them have custom built their own PCs and everything is locked down as much as it can go (there are flaws in windows that allow users to get admin rights by being on the inside of the network) but most of them just facepalm when they get a laptop back from a teacher saying that it doesn't work the internet doesn't work, the solution, manually connecting to a wifi port which apparently some people can't do...

What is this? I don't even.

Are you from tumblr?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Are you from tumblr?

Please don't quote anything over 1 week old.

I thought it was a month...

Thought it was 2 years.

jk

Just don't quote stuff over a week old please.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Thought it was 2 years.

jk

Just don't quote stuff over a week old please.

I'm half tempted to quote something of yours from more than 1 week ago

Done

Edited by pspfreak

I agree

Goddammit

This thread has a strong tendency to go off topic.

And deja vu all over, I don't have anything to make it go back ontopic...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

And deja vu all over, I don't have anything to make it go back ontopic...

Allow me...

A local institution still uses DOS for their transaction software...

And to submit data, you need to bring the diskette to the institution... *facepalm*

This thread has a strong tendency to go off topic.

I once derailed my own thread my talking about thread derailment..

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

See, there's all these countries who want to enhance their internet usage and undersranding of technology but then there's these motherfuckers who will never have any other clue apart from "Shiny means good".

I wish shiny meant good so then I wouldn't have felt like cutting myself while watching Jupiter Ascending...

So if I painted a really shitty PC a shiny gold, would people pay 2000 bucks for it?

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I'll take 20.

SAY HELLO TO MY NEW MANSION AND DREAM X99 QUAD 980 GAMING PC!! (With that much money, X99 for gaming makes sense)

No. She literally refers to a bracelet that acts as it's own autonomously functioning router or wi-fi hotspot. No SIM cards, no connecting to other shit, just it's own thing.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

No. She literally refers to a bracelet that acts as it's own autonomously functioning router or wi-fi hotspot. No SIM cards, no connecting to other shit, just it's own thing.

I got that, it was a joke/light hearted comment (hence the smiley: mind you sense of humour doesn't translate well on the Netz)..

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

my sister calls asking if i have any old laptops im not using as she wants to buy one for her bf because he makes video games and his current computer is too slow i reply with instead of a laptop i have and old media tower here a core 2 quad with a gt610  4g ram itll do unity dunno bout unreal or cryengine what engine does he use she call out to him "what game engine do you use" he calls out "i dont have a clue" so im thinking oh he probably uses one of those point and click game makers so i ask well what program does he use to make his games she asks and he call out "XP" i said to her he must be on another level  she laughs and says never mind and hangs up. 

THE RIG 

CPU: i7 3770K @ 4.9 COOLER: Kraken X61 MOBO: Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Vengeance 16gb @1600 GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850w SSD: 850 Pro 256Gb    CASE: B/W phantom 410 AUDIO: Kraken 7.1 Chroma MOUSE: Death Adder Chroma KEYBOARD: Black Widow Chroma MONITOR: Triple 23" Apple Cinama Displays   VR: HTC Vive & Oculus Rift DK2 

my sister calls asking if i have any old laptops im not using as she wants to buy one for her bf because he makes video games and his current computer is too slow i reply with instead of a laptop i have and old media tower here a core 2 quad with a gt610  4g ram itll do unity dunno bout unreal or cryengine what engine does he use she call out to him "what game engine do you use" he calls out "i dont have a clue" so im thinking oh he probably uses one of those point and click game makers so i ask well what program does he use to make his games she asks and he call out "XP" i said to her he must be on another level  she laughs and says never mind and hangs up. 

I smell career at Ubisoft :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I smell career at Ubisoft :D

"What are You doing Jeff?" 

".... My name is Jeff"

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

"What are You doing Jeff?" 

".... My name is Jeff"

Watch_Dogs team at work. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler