Experiences with non-techies

Some guy at college was talking about how Macs are good because they are way faster than windows and are more powerful.  He also said macs NEVER have problems.  Firstly, that is completley wrong because Macs are not faster than Windows, Mac is lighter than windows but its mainly the hardware and that can be WAY better on a pc.  Secondly, Macs have problems too.  

Yes, the problem here is the upgradabilit....

A mac's biggest problem, is the fact that it is indeed, a mac.

oh yeah, well that too....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I had a class in school, and they played a video about Steve Jobs.

They said he was the greatest innavator and he founded apple.

I facedesked.

Me and my friends started laughing so f*cking hard (We knew who Steve Wonziac was)

We almost got detention for disrepection :D:D:D

OK, so we got pulled out of class. Heres the conversation:

Teacher: Why are you being so disrepecting to Steve Jobs?

Us: Hes no innavator. He is a horrible buisness man that never invented anything.

Teacher: Who built the first macintosh then?

Us: Steve Wonziac.

Teacher: You think its funny to lie to me?

Us: <pause>

Teacher: Lieing gets you in trouble.

Me and others: <thinking of "no sh*t sherlock")

Teacher: He died of cancer. You think cancer is funny?

Us: No. Your to stupid to realize that Steve Jobs is the worst.

Teacher: Steve Wonziac never existed. Steve Jobs did.

Us: Can we go now?

Us: Are you done ranting on about being wrong?

Teacher: No!!!!

Us: <YAWN>

Note: This is a real conversation in all words are exact.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

That moment when Year 10's think someone has hacked the school's computers by running Chrome which the technician put on the systems 4 months ago.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

The so called 'technicians' at our school recently upgraded to windows 7 and have clearly never as much as heard of permissions or authorisation. On a SHARED DRIVE that can be found by simply clicking on network and browsing to SIMS SERVER had an unencrypted CSV of the names addresses, phone numbers, medical conditions, grades and behavioural info of every single pupil.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

Couldn't google/wikipedia have helped you out there?

He would probably say that, that was is on Wikipedia is fake/wrong... teachers like to keep the reason... :/ 

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Judging by the 840 EVO ad, those offspring would not turn out well xD

Seriously, if you haven't watched it, please, oh please do so. It's a life experience  :lol:

Sorry for digging around but... xD

MAN BLAMING THE ADOBE PREMIER CRASHING BECAUSE OF HARD DRIVE< LOL.

Excuse me, got to shout it out, or rather laughed out loud xD

RAM, peasants, RAM is what ya need 4life. xxxD

Sorry for digging around but... xD

MAN BLAMING THE ADOBE PREMIER CRASHING BECAUSE OF HARD DRIVE< LOL.

Excuse me, got to shout it out, or rather laughed out loud xD

RAM, peasants, RAM is what ya need 4life. xxxD

Damn that is one cheesy ad :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Damn that is one cheesy ad :D

This is a cheesy ad...

Get it? Because there's talking cheese in it......

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Ow, I've just reminded myself one case of building up my current rig.

At the time nor me or my friend had yet a full component list of the rigs, and no one of us was "that" exp in the process building, and I wasn't really in the specs. But it was the spring of 2014 and I started checking out charts, some vids, shops and etc.
Anyway. I, and my parents, know one specific IT person, to whom we trust our techie services (even though my father should do the job because of his specialization).
And so I presented to him very first and VERY budget setup.
He looked at the GTX 295 and went like...
"Wait a minute... *googles it, showes me only the page from his workplace* It costs over 1200 in cash! That's a really steep price for a GPU, pick sth different!"
I was quite confused back then since I looked at online 2nd hand store, where it was 200 only... just as he left I checked out that it was already not manufactured at all, and the site of his has data not valid for "QUITE" some time on most of the products. I ended up picking in the same store my GPU, but the HD7850 for half of the "steep price" and I'm fine with that. Now I'm kinda confused when I need a "pr0" help and I srly go rather to my friends, who studies IT, than this man. D:

People who think that they've already hacked you when they have your IP address. (note: they think think an IP address is like a password and don't know it can change if you have a dynamic IP). Similarly, some people think that they don't have a MAC address because their computer is a PC.

My Build : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X - Asus Strix X570-E - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo

- Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti - 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD - Corsair AX860i Power Supply

OH MY GOD.....I AM SO GOING TO ENJOY SHOVING MY PROCESSOR INTO YOUR SOCKET......AAAAAHHHHH!!!! IT FELT SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Upgrading.... The retention arm of life pulls them together than the i7 kicks the i5 in the balls and then the retention arm of life puts the 4790k and the lucky LGA1150 socket together forever untill they get thrown in the garbage for X99. Do not ask how they have babies.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

I met a friend of a friend at a wedding and found out he's a PC gamer. So we talked a bit and shared specs. We kept it civil and didn't make it a contest. I found out later from our mutual friend he was bragging that his GTX 670 was better than my 2 R9 290s, and his system was better because he had 32GB of RAM and Windows 8 while I only had 16GB and Windows 7. 

Edit: Forgot to mention he had a Razer "Ultimate gaming-something" keyboard. I asked if it had Cherry blue switches and he had no idea what that was. How can someone spend $100+ on a keyboard and not know why it costs so much?

Jeremy Clarkson thinking that a laptop made by a car company would be more sturdy than a laptop made by a proper computer company (Dell, ASUS, MSI, ect).

"You could do a log on it and still log on with it."

That man has never met a Panasonic toughbook.

Jeremy Clarkson thinking that a laptop made by a car company would be more sturdy than a laptop made by a proper computer company (Dell, ASUS, MSI, ect).

It was "you could drop it in the toilet and do a log on it and still log on on it"

I wonder if the BBC have released the episode outside of the UK yet.

This one kid who claims to be fairly smart and good with computers told me to stop changing the settings (Windows theme), since he seems to think he knows everything. I told him that it doesn't even really slow them down at all, and he just shook his head yes like it did. Yes, a VERY small time, possibly. But not anything most people will recognize.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

-snip

-snip-

Windows aero? Is that one of those elite haxxor 'advanced' settings?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I met a friend of a friend at a wedding and found out he's a PC gamer. So we talked a bit and shared specs. We kept it civil and didn't make it a contest. I found out later from our mutual friend he was bragging that his GTX 670 was better than my 2 R9 290s, and his system was better because he had 32GB of RAM and Windows 8 while I only had 16GB and Windows 7. 

Edit: Forgot to mention he had a Razer "Ultimate gaming-something" keyboard. I asked if it had Cherry blue switches and he had no idea what that was. How can someone spend $100+ on a keyboard and not know why it costs so much?

Well, they have bigger numbers, so of course the GTX 670 is better than the R9 290, 32GB RAM is better than 16GB RAM and Windows 8 is better than Windows 7. Bigger numbers = better!

Never seen that episode (I assume it was Top Gear ), was he talking about a specific laptop against a specific manufacturer or was he saying ANY laptop made by a car company is sturdier than ANY made by a computer company?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Some kid today was trying to change the CMOS clock through the "Remove Programs" section of the Control Panel and I told him that you had to change it in the BIOS. He was like "I know how to get into the BIOS" and then when I challenged him to do it he left.