Experiences with non-techies

How is that dumb?

Strikes me that the person saying' "so you're..." was trying to demolish the others argument.  And electrical equipment does produce heat when powered on.

Yeah but the heat produced from a spinning fan is so insignificant to heat up a room, its negligible.

The real reason why the room wouldn't be colder is that fans don't cool down the air, they just circulate it around.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Yeah but the heat produced from a spinning fan is so insignificant to heat up a room, its negligible.

True, but what about the motor that spins that fan?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

True, but what about the motor that spins that fan?

it's still fairly insignificant. The component it's cooling will produce more heat.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

it's still fairly insignificant. The component it's cooling will produce more heat.

Eh?

I thought the subject was a 'room fan'.

Anyway it's not the amount that is significant what is significant is that electronic equipment will produce (even if in tiny amounts) heat whilst 'running'.

From Burgerbun's quote  ''no, because the fan itself is producing heat''

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

No one in my family even knows what Alt Tabbing is. Let alone anything about PC hardware.

Is it shameful if I never use Alt + Tab? I hate to use it during play sessions, and I have every game I play on windowed mode (if possible) anyway...

Other than that, I just don't mind it, and completely forget that Alt + Tab exists.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Is it shameful if I never use Alt + Tab? I hate to use it during play sessions, and I have every game I play on windowed mode (if possible) anyway...

Other than that, I just don't mind it, and completely forget that Alt + Tab exists.

Window's key + tab is fancier :D

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

"Why do you need faster load times?" - my mom

One of my friends made that argument against having a SSD... I just thought back to that LTT video where they used Luke's OS to demo the difference between a HDD and a SSD and tried my best to explain how it's enhances the experience as a whole and not just thanks to faster load times.

"Why do you need faster load times?" - my mom

So i can get more homework done so I can get better grades. Tell her that. 

One of my friends made that argument against having a SSD... I just thought back to that LTT video where they used Luke's OS to demo the difference between a HDD and a SSD and tried my best to explain how it's enhances the experience as a whole and not just thanks to faster load times.

SSD = love of my life. That, and my GTX970 but don't tell my ssd that.

So i was about to play portal in co-op mode with an idiot and he was so stupid he couldn't figure out how to accept the invite.

They're less vulnerable because A. Unix based, B. A certain lack of backwards compatiblity (not too bad, just nothing from today can really go backwards past Snow Leopard). and C. Because fewer people use them. Just life I guess.

what im saying, is becuas of all the colledge kids who get a mac because ''its the cool thing to get'' or do it to fit in, and everyone who gets one because it wontget viruses... are the people who are making osx more popular, and thus more vunerable. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

what im saying, is becuas of all the colledge kids who get a mac because ''its the cool thing to get'' or do it to fit in, and everyone who gets one because it wontget viruses... are the people who are making osx more popular, and thus more vunerable. 

Oh people, sometimes I hate them...

I would like a Mac because I genuinely like OSX and the design of Apple laptops, not because all the people around me have one.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I don't really have an example except that when I go to the apple store with my gf, because her phone broke again, I would look around for the noobie and mess with him/her. I would also like to add that I do not think some of the employees should be called geniuses lol. Anyone else enjoy doing this?

every time i go in an apple store i get into a technical argument with one of the supposed geniuses!

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

How is that dumb?

Strikes me that the person saying' "so you're..." was trying to demolish the others argument.  And electrical equipment does produce heat when powered on.

its dumb to think that air moving makes air cold by itself...

you're means ''you are''. 

your means yours in the possesive form. 

and not really, as fans make it FEEL like it is getting colder, however the fan itself has a motor, and that motor is using electricity, which makes a byproduct of heat. just like the pump in a watercooling loop is also a heat source. 

basically thier arguement that having that many fans on a radiator makes it achieve tempuratures LOWER than ambient air works because the air is moving so fast its cooling itself, is invalid. thats all. :/ 

find a room, remove all possible variants, like the tempurature outside of the room, heat passing through the walls, lets just pretend this room is all that IS. 

put the fan in there. let it run for however long you wnt, while it may be very slow in its rise, the air's tempurature will rise. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

every time i go in an apple store i get into a technical argument with one of the supposed geniuses!

i cant nor do i care to learn how to spell geniuses either. 

-Jim Hensen

put the fan in there. let it run for however long you wnt, while it may be very slow in its rise, the air's tempurature will rise. 

Assuming that you removed all ways heat could escape or ways cold could come in, Which would be difficult.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Some people man.

same, it's great

What I would do is I would start using arch linux. by default it doesn't have a desktop and is all command line. if you leave it stock and set your computer to boot in to arch as default (have to hit up/down to change what os it boots in to) it will confuse her. You could even go the whole nine yards and put a desktop on it and not tell your mum how to get to it. If you don't know how to use arch then there is loads of tutorials on the internet.

if you could get tek enterprise to upload a video about doing that or teach me yourself??!! x'D 

-Jim Hensen

Assuming that you removed all ways heat could escape or ways cold could come in, Which would be difficult.

but then the theaory is no longer a theory, it is proven fact.

i know all other variansts being removed is damn near impossible unless we like.. put it in a void. (not space, or a vacule, literally a void, where not even ''nothing'' exists... its just a place where ''is=false''

what im saying is, all the fan is doing, is -MOVING- the air, and slowly adding its own heat as a byproduct of its motor. 

while on a hot summer day it makes a day tollerable by making your skin cold, thats only because the air is carrying your heat away from you like it does with a radiator. 

-Jim Hensen

Then tell her that as the internet is continually changing she would have to do that every couple of days (even if it was just the differences, it would be a huge amount).

the issue is she apparently didnt understand that. and thaught that if she just downloaded it she would have it AS IT CHANGED...... 

just.. old ladies man.. x'D

-Jim Hensen

Oh people, sometimes I hate them...

I would like a Mac because I genuinely like OSX and the design of Apple laptops, not because all the people around me have one.

amen.

-Jim Hensen

So i was about to play portal in co-op mode with an idiot and he was so stupid he couldn't figure out how to accept the invite.

Oh god. Oh dear god no. No no no no no. No. Oh god no. No. Just no. I am so sorry for you.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!