Experiences with non-techies

Needed moneys.

that sucks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

really? how do u know?

I can't find the exact thread where they say there was a JS injection, but I'll link you to a few topics regarding the general issue:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298890-problems-with-the-webpageforum/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298942-wtf-happened-to-ltt-the-last-9-hours/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298667-malware-report-chrome-firefox-26115/(This one says everything was fine, but they later discovered otherwise)

The thread that got deleted was here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/298813-forum-downtime-and-security-issues

cooler is upside down. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU INSTALL THE COOLER UPSIDE DOWN!?!?!?  :blink:

WHY DID YOU POINT THIS OUT TO ME? :( I WOULDN'T HAVE NOTICED

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Someone in my class once had to connect his laptop to the beamer as example student. He asked to the teacher how to safe his file. The teacher answered he had to use ctrl+s. The student (16 years old btw) just typed ctrl+s in his document and was wondering why it wasn't working. Everyone started laughing and when the teacher turned around he could do nothing but facepalm. :P

Someone in my class once had to connect his laptop to the beamer as example student. He asked to the teacher how to safe his file. The teacher answered he had to use ctrl+s. The student (16 years old btw) just typed ctrl+s in his document and was wondering why it wasn't working. Everyone started laughing and when the teacher turned around he could do nothing but facepalm. :P

When you tell people to hit 'F5" and they press F and 5...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I didn't even use it to download Waterfox, I installed Waterfox on a flashdrive before formatting my SSD and reinstalling Windows

I use internet explorer as my primary browser. :)

You mean to tell me i cant browse dank may mays if i plug my internet by USB?

Our old router was a BT voyager 220V which had no wifi and only two wired ports. However only one of them was ethernet, and my computer was plugged into the other port via USB cable. Yup. USB internet connection. Good times.

Our old router was a BT voyager 220V which had no wifi and only two wired ports. However only one of them was ethernet, and my computer was plugged into the other port via USB cable. Yup. USB internet connection. Good times.

Our school uses a small router with HP Mini 2012. Old intel atoms + Driving Windows 7 = Diaster.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

User just moved desks. He plugged everything himself.

User: My monitors aren't working, they were working before. IT come fix it.

Me: Okay let me see what the issue is

User has dual display monitors. So I followed the first cable from the back of monitor one all the way to...... the back of monitor 2..... interesting cable management. So where is the second monitor cable? 

Displayport to DVI adapter lead it back to the second DVI port on the video card.

I looked at him and his face was red. FYI this user is a developer. /facepalm

I feel sorry for you. I bet that would suck so bad. I hate tiny routers, as they just tend to work for 3 weeks than go die on you.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

It can do the Kessel run in 600000 Parsecs

I instantly played through that scene in my head xP . I watched that movie at least 15 times from ages 4-8.

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

A friend came to check out my new pc a weak ago and we talked about getting him a new pc because he wants to play games but his 7yr old pc is just crap.

Me: "Come on man, you could easily spemd 800$ for a new pc like I have" (he has 4k of saves up money)

Him: "I dont know...I was thinking more about getting the iMac"

ultra facepalm

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

cooler is upside down. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU INSTALL THE COOLER UPSIDE DOWN!?!?!?  :blink:

A ) It works exactly the same in any orientation, there is no such thing as upside down.

B ) It could be in that orientation because that provided the best cable run (between the cooler fan and the fan header).

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

When I was younger I would always get blamed when something went wrong with the computer, saying my games broke it. I'm pretty sure If a game is being released to thousands of people, it will be stable and not cause the BSOD for no reason.

My dad still claims that all the games I have on the computer are all somehow a botnet and the more games there are the slower it gets. He also swears that minecraft is a virus. He also called steam support because he thought it was a virus and didn't know how to uninstall it. 

I will post this here and fly away.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43298&pp=15

(Flies away)

Is this something "inappropriate"?  I want to open it but I'm at school... on the district issued computers... so yeah.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Is this something "inappropriate"?  I want to open it but I'm at school... on the district issued computers... so yeah.

There aren't bad pictures or anything

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

There aren't bad pictures or anything

Okay well... you could of told me about the "dischage" part... well shit.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job