ITX build , out of room for cables

builds pretty much complete , problem is I've got a sfx-l (corsair 1000w sfL) power supply  and ive used all the space i can without blocking too much airflow from the gpu .

should i get short custom cables or buy a 850 w sfx cooler master psu to have a extra 30mm space for the extra cable lengths to be managed in ?

Custom cables would be the way to go if you wanted it to be clean but I see tons of room to shove cables there, it’s just they’re going to be up against the edge of the GPU heatsink 

IMG_2953.thumb.jpeg.7a30a9d2d6ed26a2d2300ccbbbd4d912.jpeg

ITX involves compromises the smaller you go, in this case your compromise is $100+ on custom cables or GPU thermals 

35 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Custom cables would be the way to go if you wanted it to be clean but I see tons of room to shove cables there, it’s just they’re going to be up against the edge of the GPU heatsink 

ITX involves compromises the smaller you go, in this case your compromise is $100+ on custom cables or GPU thermals 

The more i look at it the more im leaning towards both a smaller psu and custom cables.
since im trying to cram high end stuff in and the more air flow the better . .

I see plenty of room to bundle cables together and back on themselves then use zip ties to hold them in  place. Fold them in a Z shape to shorten them without taking up lots of space then tuck them down behind, next to, etc as needed. It's certainly possible.

23 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I see plenty of room to bundle cables together and back on themselves then use zip ties to hold them in  place. Fold them in a Z shape to shorten them without taking up lots of space then tuck them down behind, next to, etc as needed. It's certainly possible.

i folded and crammed in as best i could last night but the heat from the gpu would of been dumped on em non stop, ill give it another crack tonight and see if i can finesse a better fitment .

7 hours ago, dead man jack said:

i folded and crammed in as best i could last night but the heat from the gpu would of been dumped on em non stop, ill give it another crack tonight and see if i can finesse a better fitment .

I've used cardboard as insulation/air direction in small builds before. I boxed a GPU with it to force it to pull fresh air and exhaust waste heat rather than recycle it's own hot air in the ITX case.