Bios update failed!

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
6 minutes ago, Shiiikai said:

2. i want to know if there is some way to repair the b450m MB, or if its dead.

There are external BIOS flashers that exist and are pretty cheap on Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, etc. The CH341A is probably the most famous of these, so you can give that a shot. Pretty sure if you call up a local computer shop or two, they might have one of those tools on hand and be able to fix it for you, though with how cheap the CH341A is (~$10 on Amazon), it's probably cheaper just to do it yourself (these tools are annoying to use though, so the convenience might be worth it to you). 

7 minutes ago, Shiiikai said:

it safer to update the bios directly from inside the bios or with the Qflash white button (i dont really know how it works, i see a tutorial, but im not sure thats the best way).

Generally if you can go from inside the BIOS directly, I would recommend it, mostly since in my experience it's generally quite a bit quicker (BIOS Flashback I've seen take upwards of 5 minutes compared to ~1 minute for an in BIOS update). As for if one is safer than the other, QFlash should theoretically be safer, though in practice if you do get a failed flash from inside the BIOS, you can always fix it with BIOS Flashback and therefore the safety benefits of it really aren't that relevant. 

10 minutes ago, Shiiikai said:

i know that i need to update the bios at least to the F14 version, but i want to know if there is a problem if i doit with the old processor, and if its better to update to the latest version instead of the F14.

The latest BIOS doesn't remove support for the 2600, so that's not really something to worry that much about. Just go straight to the latest BIOS.

That said, technically B550 boards don't support the 2600 in general, so you might not boot with that chip regardless of the BIOS revision you're using. In practice, many people have gotten B550 boards to work with Ryzen 2000 series chips out of the box, so it'll probably work, but keep it in mind. 

Hi, a couple days ago i tried to update my bios bcse i bought a new CPU, the mb is a TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING, and my old cpu was a ryzen 5 2600, i decide to change to a r7 5700x.

The problem is that i started the update and the computer shut down suddenly, but the power did not go out, and i didnt touch anything, after that when i press the power button everything turns on, but it doesnt show video to the monitor, i change the componentes and the cables of the monitors to be sure that te MB was the problem.

i ordered a new MB, wich is a gigabyte b550m ds3h ac and i want to know some things:
1. i know that i need to update the bios at least to the F14 version, but i want to know if there is a problem if i doit with the old processor, and if its better to update to the latest version instead of the F14.

3. it safer to update the bios directly from inside the bios or with the Qflash white button (i dont really know how it works, i see a tutorial, but im not sure thats the best way).

thanks in advice!

Using the Q-flash button(or equivalent) is the safest way. The motherboard will be totally off, except for standby power, and it will only write the contents to the BIOS chip without any kind of software interfering, including itself, and it's possible to recover if it does end up with an error during the whole process.

As for your B450 motherboard, the only way to get it up and running again is most likely to either reprogram the chip yourself directly, or taking it to someone who can do it, or sending it in to ASUS for essentially a repair, but that might be the most costly route.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 minutes ago, Shiiikai said:

There are external BIOS flashers that exist and are pretty cheap on Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, etc. The CH341A is probably the most famous of these, so you can give that a shot. Pretty sure if you call up a local computer shop or two, they might have one of those tools on hand and be able to fix it for you, though with how cheap the CH341A is (~$10 on Amazon), it's probably cheaper just to do it yourself (these tools are annoying to use though, so the convenience might be worth it to you). 

it safer to update the bios directly from inside the bios or with the Qflash white button (i dont really know how it works, i see a tutorial, but im not sure thats the best way).

Generally if you can go from inside the BIOS directly, I would recommend it, mostly since in my experience it's generally quite a bit quicker (BIOS Flashback I've seen take upwards of 5 minutes compared to ~1 minute for an in BIOS update). As for if one is safer than the other, QFlash should theoretically be safer, though in practice if you do get a failed flash from inside the BIOS, you can always fix it with BIOS Flashback and therefore the safety benefits of it really aren't that relevant. 

10 minutes ago, Shiiikai said:

i know that i need to update the bios at least to the F14 version, but i want to know if there is a problem if i doit with the old processor, and if its better to update to the latest version instead of the F14.

The latest BIOS doesn't remove support for the 2600, so that's not really something to worry that much about. Just go straight to the latest BIOS.

That said, technically B550 boards don't support the 2600 in general, so you might not boot with that chip regardless of the BIOS revision you're using. In practice, many people have gotten B550 boards to work with Ryzen 2000 series chips out of the box, so it'll probably work, but keep it in mind. 

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

So, its better to update the bios with Q-flash since the ryzen 5 2600 is probably not supported?

and another question, its normal that the other motherboard doesnt show any video (from the GPU, i tried with 2 different GPUs)? i see on some videos that when an update fail, you can recover the bios with the  ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3.

2 minutes ago, Shiiikai said:

So, its better to update the bios with Q-flash since the ryzen 5 2600 is probably not supported?

Probably. Odds are you won't even need an update though, the F14 BIOS has been out for over 2 years and its highly unlikely that your motherboard was sitting on a shelf for over 2 years. 

4 minutes ago, Shiiikai said:

its normal that the other motherboard doesnt show any video

Yeah, failed BIOS updates will make the BIOS not work at all. 

i see on some videos that when an update fail, you can recover the bios with the  ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3.

That probably only works in some instances, and since its not outputting any image, I'd assume this is not one of the instances where it does work.