Experiences with non-techies

Honestly i like these forums because people usually accept my nerdy hobbies quite well.

<3

of course please come and be as nerdy as you like, we are all here to share out enthusiasm for nerdy things

:wub:

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The derailing is real! lol :D

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

to bring this back on topic:

My friend had explorer crash once and a guy criticized him for using internet explorer (that guy was me *facepalm*)

to bring this back on topic:

My friend had explorer crash once and a guy criticized him for using internet explorer (that guy was me *facepalm*)

Internet explorer is great..

To download google chrome.

I didn't even use it to download Waterfox, I installed Waterfox on a flashdrive before formatting my SSD and reinstalling Windows

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

But... now you're doing the same mistake as me :P . I thought he was talking about the browser too, but as he just said 'explorer', he meant explorer.exe

I didn't even use it to download Waterfox, I installed Waterfox on a flashdrive before formatting my SSD and reinstalling Windows

#WaterfoxMasterRace

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

*whispers* You should use G.Skill Ripjaws. Muhahahhahahahaaa!!! Also, is this quieter?  :P

*Chases after with stick of ram*

Edit: Lel, 1886th post... 1866MHz ram

I can already see the headlines: "A person has been tragically killed with a stick of RAM. The weapon in question is G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB 1866MHz DDR3 DIMM, and the murder was done by brütally thrusting it into the victim's back" :lol:

And for something almost on-topic:

Not that much of a non-techie story, but I managed to get a bluescreen on my Windows 8 tablet, just by buffering a YouTube video (it was the only thing Chrome was loading at the time BSoD happened). This is the second BSoD I've ever gotten in my life (I got the first one by upgrading that same tablet's Windows to 8.1 from 8... Windows 8.1, y u so unstable?)

Something actually on-topic:

One of my classmates said her tablet (identical to mine. They're school-issued, so...) won't charge anymore. She has been plugging the charger to the device upside down. It's not reverseable, and the plug won't go into the port if it's upside down... Yeah... Tells how much she knows about modern technology (she's not bad, though. Nice and funny to everyone, but she's a dunce).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Honestly i like these forums because people usually accept my nerdy hobbies quite well.

<3

For some reason I love your profile gif.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

My experiences:

• My cousins drivers used to uninstall themselves, so I've told him what to do to get them back, and it worked.
    They uninstalled again after some time and he blamed me.

• Lots of people use pay so much money for built in "Beats" sound cards in their pc's and then buy a €10 ($12) speaker from the local fruit store.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Friend: Hey, can you take a look at this, the laptop isn't picking up my usb drive!

Me: Ok let's see... does it work usually? *walks over*

Friend: Yeah.

Me: *notices the usb drive is plugged in the ethernet port**takes the flash drive and plugs it in the usb port**looks at friend*

Friend: *lols*

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Friend: Hey, can you take a look at this, the laptop isn't picking up my usb drive!

Me: *notices the usb drive is plugged in the ethernet port**takes the flash drive and plugs it in the usb port**looks at friend*

You mean to tell me i cant browse dank may mays if i plug my internet by USB?

You mean to tell me i cant browse dank may mays if i plug my internet by USB?

don't make me reuse the chainsaw meme ;)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My Dell doesn't recognize flash drives... Unless they have Windows .isos thrown on them... :/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I have ripjaws in my rig.

BHIJoAc.jpg

Because im badass.

cooler is upside down. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU INSTALL THE COOLER UPSIDE DOWN!?!?!?  :blink:

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Hey works fine.

works fine, looks terrible.  :wacko:

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Maybe its upside down just to annoy you because i knew you would notice it.

Mind blown.

Nah just kidding.

STALKER!!!!!!!

*runs away to grab RAM stick*

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

I'm work in IT Support at my old high school and there is still the old teachers who used to teach me, there is still the one teacher who I hated as student he would always tell me I wasn't trying hard enough even through I tried my best (Most of the time) and he wouldn't ever come to help me when I asked for it, so one day he calls me up and tells me his USB drive is not responding, so I go to him and see the problem he wasn't pushing it in and I mean it was hanging by the very tip so I pushed it in harder and it worked and he asked "what I did to make it worked?" so i replied "I pushed it in harder" and as I left I said back to him "Maybe you should try harder next time". B)

Sounds unprofessional and childish. Way to show him you really grew up.

Hey bring me one because i only have 3/4 ram sticks.

Sold one

;)

i only have my 1 ddr3, the rest are ddr/before ddr. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Hey bring me one because i only have 3/4 ram sticks.

Sold one

;)

Why would you sell 1 stick of ram

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii