Experiences with non-techies

3 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Well as I've seen, most consumer CPUs have 2x threads as compared to the number of cores. Some server CPU from AMD I think I remember having like 64 cores and 96 threads and then I knew that threads were not always 2x the cores

Corrected my comment-

What I meant was that most people think that hyperthreaded CPUs "have 2 threads per core" which makes them "twice as fast", which is absolutely false. Hyperthreading simply means that each core is able to execute more than one thread at a time. Some softwares don't benefit at all from HT, not necessarily depending on whether they're multi core processes or not. Some processors can even execute more threads than the common standard, which is 2 (at least I've heard).

Asus ROG G531GT : i7-9750H - GTX 1650M +700mem - MSI RX6600 Armor 8G M.2 eGPU - Samsung 16+8GB PC4-2666 - Samsung 860 EVO 500G 2.5" - 1920x1080@145Hz (172Hz) IPS panel

Family PC : i5-4570 (-125mV) - cheap dual-pipe cooler - Gigabyte Z87M-HD3 Rev1.1 - Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB PC3-1600 - Corsair VX450W - an old Thermaltake ATX case

Test bench 1 G3260 - i5-4690K - 6-pipe cooler - Asus Z97-AR - Panram Blue Lightsaber 2x4GB PC3-2800 - Micron CT500P1SSD8 NVMe - Intel SSD320 40G SSD

iMac 21.5" (late 2011) : i5-2400S, HD 6750M 512MB - Samsung 4x4GB PC3-1333 - WT200 512G SSD (High Sierra) - 1920x1080@60 LCD

Test bench 2: G3260 - H81M-C - Kingston 2x4GB PC3-1600 - Winten WT200 512G

Acer Z5610 "Theatre" C2 Quad Q9550 - G45 Express - 2x2GB PC3-1333 (Samsung) - 1920x1080@60Hz Touch LCD - great internal speakers

3 hours ago, burzlata66 said:

My grandfather, a farmer, has his own greenhouses and he goes there every time to adjust the level of humidity, air, light, and everything else that goes with it. He also manually waters all the plants he has growing. I have long suggested him to automate these processes, especially now you can easily buy the appropriate device, such as fan terra-bloom which can turn on and off, as well as being programmed by remote control. But grandfather, still thinks that it will kill his plants, and he argues that in our as he calls the technology does not have a human soul😂

You ever thought that maybe he enjoys taking care of the plants? It’s like his hobby. It gives him something to do that has purpose, this is good. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

How are the case fans getting power...yet the 2.5" drives don't have a SATA power connector on them nor is it really possible to have any power cables come out of this PSU???

Great job Corsair! 

Corsair 5000D.png

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

How are the case fans getting power...yet the 2.5" drives don't have a SATA power connector on them nor is it really possible to have any power cables come out of this PSU???

Great job Corsair! 

Corsair 5000D.png

I mean, it wouldm't look too good would it, or did they invent some sort of wirless powering?😂😂

3 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

I mean, it wouldm't look too good would it, or did they invent some sort of wirless powering?😂😂

Well, I'm just saying...just doesn't make sense physically since the HDD cages are right next to the PSU and still have case fans powered from some source...

I guess you can say Corsair bet Nikola Tesla to wireless powering from a distance. (although there are some forms of wireless powering right now). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well, I'm just saying...just doesn't make sense physically since the HDD cages are right next to the PSU and still have case fans powered from some source...

I guess you can say Corsair bet Nikola Tesla to wireless powering from a distance. (although there are some forms of wireless powering right now). 

I mean, it is bad design choices by corsair, on the 4000d you can fit a long psu by moving the cage downwards, here you can't due to the fans

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

I mean, it is bad design choices by corsair, on the 4000d you can fit a long psu by moving the cage downwards, here you can't due to the fans

Yeah, I just was happening to look at cases and would go for a 7000D instead, but I'm waiting for Micro Center to actually have it in stock (if they will bring it to their stores or not). 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Yeah, I just was happening to look at cases and would go for a 7000D instead, but I'm waiting for Micro Center to actually have it in stock (if they will bring it to their stores or not). 

7000d? That's new, although I am a big corsair fan

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

7000d? That's new, although I am a big corsair fan

Yeah, they announced them on June 29, 2021.

9 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Yeah, they announced them on June 29, 2021.

wait, before the 5000d or do I just fell like this is new, but anyways, it seems like a glorified 5000d

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

wait, before the 5000d or do I just fell like this is new, but anyways, it seems like a glorified 5000d

I believe the 5000D came before the 7000D. Pretty much just a full-tower 5000D with extra capacity for case fans. 

Guess it's easier to cable manage without cables...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Yesterday I asked my friend the CPU he has, to which he replied, "Intel Inside". 

Ugh..

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

MY CPU IS SO LONG

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 3.1 GHZ 2nd Genration Processor (CPU) Refurbish – ON OFF SHOP

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

On 10/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Great job Corsair! 

Corsair 5000D.png

Thats called marketing.
AKA lying.
Thats how they think of you, that you're not worth more then to be lied to...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

33 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Thats called marketing.
AKA lying.
Thats how they think of you, that you're not worth more then to be lied to...

Of course! 

8 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

"Intel Inside". 

"Ignorance Outside"

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

17 minutes ago, IPD said:

PEBKAC?

Never been a fan about that personally, on purely semantic grounds: the user is usually infront of both the keyboard and the computer, not between the two.

I prefer GIGO, though that has a subtly different meaning.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

30 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

on purely semantic grounds: the user is usually infront of both the keyboard and the computer, not between the two.

The C stands for Chair...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

The C stands for Chair...

Oh right, thanks! (Somebody told me a few weeks ago that it stood for "Computer", which makes no sense)

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Oh right, thanks! (Somebody told me a few weeks ago that it stood for "Computer", which makes no sense)

PEBCAI (Problem Exists Between Chair and Idiom)

Edited by CT854
Problem exists at me, because I'm an idiot

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)