Experiences with non-techies

15 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Just wanted to share the remnants of an HDMI connector in one of the rooms at my school. The HDMI cable that stuck into it is the one that's plugged into the top HDMI port in the photo--it's thick, heavy, and sticks out at a right angle. That, combined with the equation Torque = Distance * Force, was enough to do in the bottom port. 

~Snipped Photo~

You know, they just wanted to get what they paid for by leaving behind a gift for the next person to try and use the bottom HDMI port. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

my school doesnt let use install things we need for our course. also they connect the hdmi to the onboard gpu instead of the gpu. (yes i said this before on here)

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

When people do this bs.. Requesting access to a Google Drive file like a thousand times

Spoiler

image.png.b1b08497d741687720c7291092f0b715.png

All of them from exactly the same person

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

So my classes started at college and ironically, both classes are in the same room/building. Since we've been remote since COVID hit, they forgot how to use the computers in the classrooms but overall, they appear to be the same since pre-COVID.

There is a projector and one computer for the professor to use to project things on the white screen. The computers are running Windows 7 and are running VMware to run Windows 10 (I have no idea why they would do that...but it's stupid). One engineering professor I had was trying to maximize the Chrome window. and above the VMware window, was the minimize/maximize, restore window, and close options, just like the browser. He kept minimizing and maximizing the VMware window instead of Chrome, which he was trying to do. Eventually, he gave up and closed the VMware window out completely and had to reopen VMware up again. The professor said, "If it doesn't work, just close it out and start over again," well...that was never the case. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

The computers are running Windows 7 and are running VMware to run Windows 10

If they're running w7, I'd expect there to be some shit old dual core processors.. And on top of that they run VMware to run a w10 machine, the experience is obviously just awesome /s

I don't understand the affection schools have got for w7(which my school gets pirated anyway) when it does not have any security updates and is just worse. Just go install w10 which is free if you can bear with that watermark..

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

He kept minimizing and maximizing the VMware window instead of Chrome, which he was trying to do.

That moment when you absolutely desperately wish you were present there physically to show something

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

1 minute ago, RockSolid1106 said:

If they're running w7, I'd expect there to be some shit old dual core processors.. And on top of that they run VMware to run a w10 machine, the experience is obviously just awesome /s

I don't understand the affection schools have got for w7(which my school gets pirated anyway) when it does not have any security updates and is just worse. Just go install w10 which is free if you can bear with that watermark..

Yeah, I believe the PCs are those Dell's that sit behind the monitor. Perhaps the schools just don't want to change anything over and takes too much time (they had plenty of time to change everything when it was remote for over a year). 

3 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

That moment when you absolutely desperately wish you were present there physically to show something

I was going to say something, but I decided to watch and chuckle to myself inside. 

1273104479_IMG_20210915_1306452.jpg.e4d1d7ed04ff33cb940a2870e2b0f712.jpg

This person is charging there phone from a Chromebook when there is a outlet with USB ports.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

59 minutes ago, sub68 said:

1273104479_IMG_20210915_1306452.jpg.e4d1d7ed04ff33cb940a2870e2b0f712.jpg

This person is charging there phone from a Chromebook when there is a outlet with USB ports.

I've seen people try to charge their laptop from their phone. 

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

I've seen people try to charge their laptop from their phone. 

I have seen that too.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 9/14/2021 at 2:26 PM, RockSolid1106 said:

When people do this bs.. Requesting access to a Google Drive file like a thousand times

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b1b08497d741687720c7291092f0b715.png

All of them from exactly the same person

Them be like:

Let Me In Eric Andre GIF - LetMeIn EricAndre ...

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

We had a discussion about technology (related to a book we were reading) in my English class today.

There were some great moments.

1: Teacher I assume was trying to say "wireless earbuds" or "airpods" but it came out as "airless earpods" 

2: Someone said  "I had a Google iPad"

3: "Wireless headphones sound better, the wire makes the electrons of the music travel slower so your music sounds worse" (wrong on so many levels)

4: "Vr's only existed for 5 years" no it's been around since the 80s and mainstream consumer since like 2010

And then in a study hall someone literally offered to pay me $50 because I ran disk cleanup, disabled the 15 startup programs, removed 2 ransomwares and enabled virus protection (off for some reason?) I turned it down... More concerning is that it was a Ryzen 3 laptop (can't remember what) with a HDD. The hell? He said it was like 3 years old. I told him to take it into a repair shop and ask them for an SSD and your data migrated. Or that I could do it for $10 plus cost of the drive.

And another one from today. 

I asked a teacher if a printer was networked, seemed pretty clear to me what I was asking. 

The teacher looks at me really weird and goes "No it's electronic?"

Yes I know that. But what's its IP so I can actually use it!

1 hour ago, Mel0nMan said:

And another one from today.

I wonder why all the non techies in the world landed around you.

I asked a teacher if a printer was networked, seemed pretty clear to me what I was asking. 

The teacher looks at me really weird and goes "No it's electronic?"

I'll be honest had you asked this to me two years ago, my reply would be similar. 

So, the login process for my school's website is very shitty. Have to click through a lot of buttons to get logged in. And it's the place where we have all the assignments and stuff, so I need to log into that every single day. So, I wrote a script in Python which uses Selenium to click through the buttons on the website and enter the required info in the text fields for me. But running this script shows a little pop up in Chrome:

image.png.adad21df072b666ebd13b8347eb8a8aa.png

Yesterday I had an online MCQ exam. Completed and submitted that(score: 28/30, Literature in English). The invigilator asked me to share my screen to confirm that I had submitted, and I shared the Chrome window. She noticed the "being controlled by automated test software". She thought that was a software that completes the test for you. Then the matter got escalated to the Class Teacher, then the coordinator and other higher levels. My parents too got involved. After some time, I was asked to show and run the code to prove that it only helped me to log in. Somehow they understood what the code was doing and determined that the code did not do anything shady.

^

VPN Server Guide

Someone told me that they don;t know if they’re connected to the internet, but I heard a YouTube Premium ad in the background of my gram’s phone…

welp, you got me there…

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

Every time I hear the Comcast commercial claiming they offer Gig WiFi I want to punch them in the face. I dont even think with WiFI 6 you could pull Gigabit via WiFi but thats how they advertise to their customers. Then they explicitly state that WiFi speeds can vary. I wonder how many people got duped? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

TFW your Dad is doing something on the electrical and turns all Breakers for the Basement off where among many things the router are on one them circuits. Of course he didn't tell me anything and so I spent a couple minutes wondering wtf was going on and checked the ISP until I went downstairs. Also it angers me when the Router and APs never get properly turned off. Now to figure out which of my installed Games support Offline Mode...

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

15 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

TFW your Dad is doing something on the electrical and turns all Breakers for the Basement off where among many things the router are on one them circuits. Of course he didn't tell me anything and so I spent a couple minutes wondering wtf was going on and checked the ISP until I went downstairs. Also it angers me when the Router and APs never get properly turned off. Now to figure out which of my installed Games support Offline Mode...

I accidentally turned off the wifi in the girls dorm yesterday, don't ask how...

People who do this to coax stuff that's designed on purpose not to be plugged together into being so. Awaiting the "why is my device broken?" post...

cable.jpg.82da258e0677bdce58bcd6c1bfc9c792.jpg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I accidentally turned off the wifi in the girls dorm yesterday, don't ask how...

This sounds like the plot of an 80s movie that makes fun of nerds, with the obvious sticking point being wifi. 

Maybe you accidentally killed the landlines in the movie adaptation. 

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

14 minutes ago, CT854 said:

This sounds like the plot of an 80s movie that makes fun of nerds, with the obvious sticking point being wifi. 

Maybe you accidentally killed the landlines in the movie adaptation. 

For some reason the main circuit breaker for 3 of the dorms is in my dorm... May have been trying to troll my friend and flipped the wrong switch... 

3 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

For some reason the main circuit breaker for 3 of the dorms is in my dorm... May have been trying to troll my friend and flipped the wrong switch... 

Epic gamer moment. 

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

On 9/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, Mel0nMan said:

"Vr's only existed for 5 years" no it's been around since the 80s and mainstream consumer since like 2010

LOL Sword art online a anime about VR games go horribly wrong came out in 2012 and the book for it was from 2002 to 2008.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 9/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, nich99 said:

can you please send me the link

Haha. They took the videos down.