Experiences with non-techies

To revive an ancient meme in this matter..... 

I-can-count-to-potato.jpg

What a retard, loool

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Apple so much better than Pcs because moar coarz!

4 coarz at 2.6 Ghz is like over 10 Ghz!

Lolz PC dont have that.

- Actually conversation some years back with an apple fan on youtube comments with enhance dramatization. 

Linus is my fetish.

saw this on twitter couple of weeks ago:

actual news article, ill translate it (excuse grammar mistakes):

"Looks before security

by stefanie jacob

For 2 centuries chips with serious security flaws have been installed in our computers, laptops and phones. Instead of replacing the processors and eliminating the problem once and for all - which of course would mean high efforts/cost - companies merely try to patch up the flaw with software updates.

Because: to fix the problem the design of the chips would need to be changed. Unthinkable for the designer. It seems looks are more important than security. Instead data of thounsands of millions of people are now accessable with ease for hackers. what we know up until now you can read in the economy section/pages."

no words... just no words...

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

22 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Apple so much better than Pcs because moar coarz!

4 coarz at 2.6 Ghz is like over 10 Ghz!

Lolz PC dont have that.

- Actually conversation some years back with an apple fan on youtube comments with enhance dramatization. 

Q6700 is actually faster than that 

a decade ago

2.66GHz with 4 cores lol

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

39 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I lost my sanity after reading that

You had any to begin with?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

21 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Q6700 is actually faster than that 

a decade ago

2.66GHz with 4 cores lol

I maybe had the numbers wrong.

Also then on one other forum there were a bunch on Apple fans buying dual quad core CPU workstations for over 10 grand to use as Facebook machines.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

I maybe had the numbers wrong.

Also then on one other forum there were a bunch on Apple fans buying dual quad core CPU workstations for over 10 grand to use as Facebook machines.

macbook/macbook air/macbook pro 13" is just a fancy chromebook

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The saga continues 

And yeah, at that point, I just lost it... 

20180202_023852.jpg

20180202_023813.jpg

20180202_023830.jpg

20180202_023902.jpg

Screenshot_20180202-023718.jpg

20180202_023758.jpg

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

17 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

-----Snip------

what even is this......... ive lost faith in humanity now, im just gonna go in the corner to be a potato instead

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

what even is this......... ive lost faith in humanity now, im just gonna go in the corner to be a potato instead

That's why I don't argue with stupid. Work 8 hours a day, spend 2 at the gym on some days, sleep 6 to 8, commute for about 1 hour a day. Not to mention housework. The remaining time is just too precious.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

On 1.2.2018 at 3:48 PM, themctipers said:

macbook/macbook air/macbook pro 13" is just a fancy chromebook

My Probook 6470b is probably faster with its core i5 3210m processor and intel 4000 series graphics than 2016 macbook 13". Because at least it can keep a constant turbo of 2,89 ghz

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

My dad constantly complains about his old moto g 2. It's battery is dead, it barely runs chrome without stuttering and it has a tiny amount of storage. Plus, it doesn't help that it was an underpowered phone from the getgo. 

"My damn phone's dead halfway through the day AGAIN!"

"Dad, look at this new phone. It does everything you need. Why don't you get a new one?"

"Mine's fine look, still works. Better than your Samsung crap"

*sigh*

Will usually reply from 4pm - 2am GMT ish. Depends how late the WAN Show is :P 

What Antivirus does the LTT Comunity Use? | More to come soon...

1 minute ago, Ollie5 said:

My dad constantly complains about his old moto g 2. It's battery is dead, it barely runs chrome without stuttering and it has a tiny amount of storage. Plus, it doesn't help that it was an underpowered phone from the getgo. 

"Dad, look at this new phone. It does everything you need. Why don't you get a new one?"

*sigh*

he smart, samsung is crap lol 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

he smart, samsung is crap lol 

Haha, i'm not a fan of the UI, but with a custom ROM (plus the fact that my S7 was free, long story lol) it does what I need it to do

Just now, Ollie5 said:

Haha, i'm not a fan of the UI, but with a custom ROM (plus the fact that my S7 was free, long story lol) it does what I need it to do

if its a s6/note 5

he even smarter

crapdragon burn a hole in your pants from how hot it is 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

if its a s6/note 5

he even smarter

crapdragon burn a hole in your pants from how hot it is 

cig9h

3 minutes ago, Ollie5 said:

image.png.b51a6a9ad7e5c01d067815d8f657da7c.png

fixed it, in glorious 4k

your s7

what phone do you even have now, two s7s?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

your s7

what phone do you even have now, two s7s?

I've only mentioned the fact that I had an S7 once in the original reply.
What phone do you believe to be far superior to the snapdragon trash that's burning a hole in my pants?

Just now, Ollie5 said:

I've only mentioned the fact that I had an S7 once in the original reply.
What phone do you believe to be far superior to the snapdragon trash that's burning a hole in my pants?

a 6s+ back in 2015 because the note 5 has terrible battery and crapdragon 810 lol

got confused when you say your s7 because that means one, and in the possession of you, so i assume that you were giving him your old phone because you said you got the s7 for free

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

a 6s+ back in 2015 because the note 5 has terrible battery and crapdragon 810 lol

got confused when you say your s7 because that means one, and in the possession of you, so i assume that you were giving him your old phone because you said you got the s7 for free

Ah sorry bro lol. Nah he's still got his "trusty" moto g lol

1 minute ago, Ollie5 said:

Ah sorry bro lol. Nah he's still got his "trusty" moto g lol

but really

3 hours of music playback on a note 5

no. not even with a superior screen, a better charging port that is everywhere, a stylus that i actually used, 'larger' battery, a sharper camera, better reception with my carrier, stupidly fast quick charging, better feel in hand, dual sim, and the handwarmer function

no, lol, more useless than iphone 7 for wired headphone usage 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

but really

3 hours of music playback on a note 5

no. not even with a superior screen, a better charging port that is everywhere, a stylus that i actually used, 'larger' battery, a sharper camera, better reception with my carrier, stupidly fast quick charging, better feel in hand, dual sim, and the handwarmer function

no, lol, more useless than iphone 7 for wired headphone usage 

Personally, I'm not a fan of the note range purely because I want my phone to fit in my pocket lol

Just now, Ollie5 said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of the note range purely because I want my phone to fit in my pocket lol

i actually did use my phone as a replacement for my laptop because.. well i didn't have one.. so when im not on my desktop i just used my phone

now that i actually do have a laptop, phone usage -> only when im outside / school 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

18 minutes ago, Ollie5 said:

*sigh*

My dad bitches about his phone. It has a hair line crack in the glass. But he refuses to buy a new one. My sister just got an iPhone 8 which retails for $600 roughly, I bought a OnePlus 3t for $550 with accessories. He wont go out and pay $200 or less for a new phone. His is one of those $129 Samsung's, it does what he needs it to do. So for fathers day, Im taking his ass to the T Mobile store and he will have a new phone because I will buy it, he will have no choice in the matter. I might even splurge and get him one a little more expensive. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.