Experiences with non-techies

6 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Seen it on here before.. bit harsh to call them retards, plus it's not nice and all that though. But yes people take the "lego" similarity a bit too far... you still need knowledge and common sense.

I mean...I've been doing PC stuff since I was 6...even then I knew what connectors went where...

4 minutes ago, MarcVez said:

a little harsh, but the mistake itself is funny

It's not 'politically correct', but this is the Internet where political incorrectness reigns supreme. I embrace it fully instead of fighting it, it's easier.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, H0R53 said:

THIS RETARD PUT THE FLOPPY POWER CONNECTOR ON THE CPU FAN HEADER AHAHAHAHA

2 hours ago, H0R53 said:

He came in because the power button cable was too short. Found out his friend is a retard.

As others have already said, it's not that great to be going around calling other people retards, especially using your caps lock key. Did you ever hear the saying that people who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

2 hours ago, H0R53 said:

It's not 'politically correct', but this is the Internet where political incorrectness reigns supreme. I embrace it fully instead of fighting it, it's easier.

And this sort of statement serves to encapsulate quite well some of what's wrong with the way things are. Just become others are doing something doesn't justify that you should following along with it; all you're accomplishing by doing so is being a sheep and demonstrating how well you can bleat.

1 hour ago, H0R53 said:

3. There is every need to be a dick

Not really... Once again perpetuating/taking part in such behaviour only serves to debase oneself and indeed oftentimes casts one is an even worse light than their target. These are the tools of those that otherwise don't posses the mental aptitude to fight a battle any other way after all.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Microsoft owns the rights to an arbitrary resolution!?!?!?!!!!1111oneoneone

No, just the technology behind it. I prefer KND's 2x4 Technology more though.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

These people.../

(Guy with the purple pic in the second one is me)

8777AC27-C7ED-4574-A1B0-B2DF04180055.jpeg

10857F25-96C7-426B-9F68-BDA070B22989.jpeg

My friend thinks Foxconn is a company headquartered in Shanghai, just like Intel, AMD, TAIWAN Semi conductor, ASUS, Acer, HP, Dell and basically every computer company because "Shanghai is the best place to do business"

11 hours ago, rn8686 said:

I'll let this screenshot speak for itself: 

30 fps on console is different from 30 fps on pc

wow

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Recently, I've become an in-house tech at a medical diagnostics lab, and I seem to find myself quoting 'The IT Crowd' more often than not. I'm surrounded by Doctors with Ph.Ds and other degrees lightyears ahead of mine, yet they can't even figure out how to enable the preview window in Outlook!

today i had to print about 90 copies of duplex. it was two files, made by the media students in photoshop and indesign and they could not for the life of them figure out how to do it. i told them to combine the files into either a word document or a PDF like 10x but not untill the media teacher said that might work did they do it, oh and they didnt do it, they sent the files to me so i could do it and sent it back to them... 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Hameck said:

Recently, I've become an in-house tech at a medical diagnostics lab, and I seem to find myself quoting 'The IT Crowd' more often than not. I'm surrounded by Doctors with Ph.Ds and other degrees lightyears ahead of mine, yet they can't even figure out how to enable the preview window in Outlook!

Because they have someone like you to do it for them. :P

I finish my internship today, but one of the things that drove me CRAZY was that my Boss would always flick to the computer monitor when the computer was loading a CAD file. It made me cringe every time, as his little placebo actually worked... unless there is some technical explanation on how flicking the screen makes the CPU turbo xD 

"I did it once... I can do it again! That's why I have two children" - Linus 2k15

2 minutes ago, ministrsinister said:

unless there is some technical explanation on how flicking the screen makes the CPU turbo

Some CPUs have complex, but very shy AI that are sensitive to how we interact with a computer and its peripherals. They're mostly dandere, but some tsundere have been observed. Just hope you don't get a himedere.

Kappa.

1 hour ago, Hameck said:

Smart people are dumb. They're just not all around dumb.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

No, just the technology behind it. I prefer KND's 2x4 Technology more though.

Still, “Microsoft owns the right to 4K technology”

Sounds really dumb

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

APLKblbH5aCQEcArVw-tdMPMYPiEb4QwGvDpZK_lZrY.png.301dc141c4082347c060bb724aafb4b4.png

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Just now, matrix07012 said:

APLKblbH5aCQEcArVw-tdMPMYPiEb4QwGvDpZK_lZrY.png.301dc141c4082347c060bb724aafb4b4.png

a macbook 'pro' is just a chromebook+, unless its a 15".

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, matrix07012 said:

well... some of its not THAT wrong?

Builds:

Spoiler

Had a couple of people say net neutrality is bad in Apple discord

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

*PAI INTENSEFIES*

Builds:

Spoiler

23 hours ago, themctipers said:

Yeah. I also heard that bad buiness practices and lack of options are good.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Went looking for a cheap and small laptop for my GFs for university. 

Her: How about this one? 

Me: OH HELL NO! Stay away from everything that says 'Pentium'! 

Her: what about this one? It says 'Celeron' 

Me: AH GOD DAMNIT. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

53 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Went looking for a cheap and small laptop for my GFs for university. 

Her: How about this one? 

Me: OH HELL NO! Stay away from everything that says 'Pentium'! 

Her: what about this one? It says 'Celeron' 

Me: AH GOD DAMNIT. 

Asus ux330ua

asus ux430ua

after coffee lake is out

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

46 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Asus ux330ua

asus ux430ua

after coffee lake is out

At over 1grand the 430 isn't exactly what I call cheap lol. 

Looking more at max 700€. Better even less. 

And she'd love to have it with a pen for writing and a tablet mode would be cool. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, FloRolf said:

At over 1grand the 430 isn't exactly what I call cheap lol. 

Looking more at max 700€. Better even less. 

And she'd love to have it with a pen for writing and a tablet mode would be cool. 

in canada, ux330ca was more expensive than ux440ua, while having a m3 instead of an i5 and a smaller display*

but it had a slightly better keyboard and trackpad. 

the 330ua was $1200! what a steal!

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.