Experiences with non-techies

No, you would have gotten a failed test if that happened. The name of the game here is significant figures and rounding. 

The app rounds to two decimals so what happened is your download speed was 0.004 Mb/s or less and when rounded, displayed as 0.00 Mb/s

It was either that, or:

The Ookla speed test gives the servers time to adjust to the load of the bandwidth test, giving a more accurate result to the speed of your internet connection by reducing potential bottlenecks caused by a VERY slow router or overloaded server somewhere along the line. However, this test only displays the bandwidth of the last packet transaction. So, theoretically if the ferry had lost connection to the network for a very short period at the end of your download test, it may have displayed the result as zero even if the average of the entire test was higher. This is why I think they should average the bandwidth of the last 1/3 of the test, giving time for the servers to adjust, but also providing a more meaningful result.

All that said, the second one is just a theory based on what I know about the Ookla speed test, I may be wrong as I have never seen anything more detailed than the information they display on their webpage.

probably a terrible connection overloaded then. I did a test a couple of munites later and it was up to a whopping 0.12 mbit down!

The pump didn't get the coolant, the pump sucked air instead (that's why it died) thus he didn't jump the PSU so the full system came on that's why the CPU overheated. He should have jumped the PSU in the first place so only the pump and the fans turned on.

He let the pump run dry, and didn't jump the 24 pin connector? I'm surprised he didn't forget the barb fittings and just spring leaks EVERYWHERE. Was he just scratching his ass when he was supposed to be paying attention to whatever or whoever taught him how to do custom loops?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Hello, im a long time lurker, ive read this entire thread all the way though, and i just made an account, and remebered a funny story.

One time iin middle school our teacher let us bring our food into class cause there was a false fire alarm during lunch. So im eating a burger, and some kid accuses me of hacking. I point out that im not using anything that uses electricity let alone a computer. They then accuse me of using the burger to hack into the school wifi to cut power to the school so i can use my advanced cyber space disruptor program called pale moon(its a firefox varient like waterfox for those of you who dont know).He then told everyone that I was a "super-mega-hack-o-thor" who masterminded the creation of the Steam virus. When pointed out on his bullshit, he siad that i was using hax ligusitics like "browser" and "OS"

Hello, im a long time lurker, ive read this entire thread all the way though, and i just made an account, and remebered a funny story.

One time iin middle school our teacher let us bring our food into class cause there was a false fire alarm during lunch. So im eating a burger, and some kid accuses me of hacking. I point out that im not using anything that uses electricity let alone a computer. They then accuse me of using the burger to hack into the school wifi to cut power to the school so i can use my advanced cyber space disruptor program called pale moon(its a firefox varient like waterfox for those of you who dont know).He then told everyone that I was a "super-mega-hack-o-thor" who masterminded the creation of the Steam virus. When pointed out on his bullshit, he siad that i was using hax ligusitics like "browser" and "OS"

Middle school? God damn. When I was at that age (in the UK I'm not sure if our "middle" school lines up with the American age-wise) we didn't give a shit. In fact, anything that gave us the chance to not have lessons was awesome.

Middle school? God damn. When I was at that age (in the UK I'm not sure if our "middle" school lines up with the American age-wise) we didn't give a shit. In fact, anything that gave us the chance to not have lessons was awesome.

we still had class, the false alram happened in lunchtime

we still had class, the false alram happened in lunchtime

I meant more the kid trying to get you in trouble. I wasn't tech savy at all in school but I wouldn't call someone out for being a hacker if he could make a teacher lose their notes.

I meant more the kid trying to get you in trouble. I wasn't tech savy at all in school but I wouldn't call someone out for being a hacker if he could make a teacher lose their notes.

What he called me out on wasnt even related to the fire alarm he just called me out for eating a burger

on a UTTERLY-RELATED NOTE: anyone know a keyboard strong and large enough for me to weild like a sword or baton?

What he called me out on wasnt even related to the fire alarm he just called me out for eating a burger

on a UTTERLY-RELATED NOTE: anyone know a keyboard strong and large enough for me to weild like a sword or baton?

IBM model-m  

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Ducky Mini (or whatever the aluminum one is)

Ducky Mini (or whatever the aluminum one is)

Ducky MoMo

Ducky_Momo_collectors_plate-250x243.jpg

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

One guy in class was googling google so he could google a URL address  >.<

Main Rig: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.7Ghz, Noctua NH-U12s, Asus z68 V-Pro, Evga GTX 970, Samsung EVO 250Gb, Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB,fractal design define r3, XFX XXX 850W

Laptop: Clevo w230st, 13.3" 1080p screen,  CPU intel i5 4200M(Someone want's to donate a i7-4700qm? :P), 8gb ram 1600Mhz, Geforce gtx 765m, SSD: mSata Evo 120Gb(still room for one more), HHD: 1Tb 7200rpm, 

At times like this you wonder if they're even looking at their screen and seeing what they're doing. Like dafuq???? I don't understand how people can't recognise blindingly obvious and not at all subtle UI cues and stuff.

It might work. That looks like a printer port on the computer which adapts to... something (I can't tell what the first adapter goes to) to serial to ps2 to usb. All of which are driverless conversions (of the ones I can identify anyway). That said, whether or not they all carry enough power to run a flash drive is a different question entirely.

It can power a keyboard (the ps2 port can), so I don't think power would be a problem. What would probably be a probnlem is that ps2 (as well as the serial port from which it seems to be adapted) are peripheral interfaces, not designed to have storage connected to them. HOWEVER, there are keyboards with usb ports on them, if those work over ps2, then this probably does, too.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Dell Inspiron 7520 15R: Cpu: Intel Core i7 3612QM @2.10Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ, Storage: 1TB 5400RPM HDD, Os: WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit EP1;

Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook: Cpu: Intel Celeron N2930 @1.83Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3L 1333MHZ, Storage: 16GB eMMC, Os: Google Chrome Os;

g7lzQSx.jpg

Baaaaaa!!!

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

I can remember that there was this one time back in 2013 my mom was speaking to the receptionist at the animal hospital one of my cats was in for a few days (it's a long story that would definitely get off-topic) about these TV shows and the receptionist brought up the online TV schedule, and then when I introduced her to the concept of a URL bar instead of typing the URL into Google she was amazed.

It's amazing what basic technical knowledge can get you recognized as a technology god these days.

Just how frustrating is it to watch your mom or whoever navigate a browser...damn!

Years of moaning has got mine somewhat competent at that.

Still doesn't realise you don't open folders in Excel.

Watched a video about a laptop yesterday and the guy "reviewing" it had no knowledge at all.

He was like 'the the GT820m inside is rock solid in games..." (there was actually a 840m inside) and then somehow continues "... Because of the 2.2ghz it's running at" (which was obviously the cpu) after that he said "... And the dual core is BLAZIN fast"

Then he played some ugly ass game while saying its his first time on pc gaming and he comes from console and how "AWESOME" this game looks, while it was tearing, lagging like shit and had muddy textures.

He also died 10 times in 2mins and couldnt hit a single shot because he always stared on the floor.

WHY are people like this making tech videos? He also had likes on it so people believe that shit (or are just amused, dunno)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Watched a video about a laptop yesterday and the guy "reviewing" it had no knowledge at all.

He was like 'the the GT820m inside is rock solid in games..." (there was actually a 840m inside) and then somehow continues "... Because of the 2.2ghz it's running at" (which was obviously the cpu) after that he said "... And the dual core is BLAZIN fast"

Then he played some ugly ass game while saying its his first time on pc gaming and he comes from console and how "AWESOME" this game looks, while it was tearing, lagging like shit and had muddy textures.

He also died 10 times in 2mins and couldnt hit a single shot because he always stared on the floor.

WHY are people like this making tech videos? He also had likes on it so people believe that shit (or are just amused, dunno)

link to vid please!!!!!

WHY are people like this making tech videos? 

Marketing.

It had to be ad, please tell me it was an ad. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.