Experiences with non-techies

That cable might be diamond but some of the reviews are gold

"This cable is used by batman. Other cables are not."

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

you mean this

attachicon.gifmake-solar-death-ray-with-old-projection-tv.w654.jpg

thats called a projection TV.

I remember seeing a 100 Inch version a long time back... I was blown away seeing the size of that thing... The screen clarity was terrible though and the colors were washed out.

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Thank for reminding me to check the reviews. Oh boy are they amazing.

When I show Commodore 64, they'll be like "Dude it's just a keyboard." they haven't seen its true identity.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I'm about set to buy this for my PS4, but I see some cheaper prices on Monoprice. Will I notice a difference for the $13,444.75 difference in price?

A:  Why be a king, when you can be a god?

Ben Baltzer answered on February 20, 2015

That Eminem reference tho. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

My mum was using our laptop and asked me to help, because the DVD/CD drive had opened accidentally. I shut it and she asked me what it was, and i said it was a disk drive. She then said why would she need to put a disk into a laptop, so i explained, obviously. Later, when i was saying how some thinner laptops didn't have disk drives, she asked me if my dads iPad had a disk drive.          (facepalm)

just dump a bucket of ice water on it. THATLL DO THE JOB xD

well it wouldn't produce any heat.. so thats a bonus haha

My mum was using our laptop and asked me to help, because the DVD/CD drive had opened accidentally. I shut it and she asked me what it was, and i said it was a disk drive. She then said why would she need to put a disk into a laptop, so i explained, obviously. Later, when i was saying how some thinner laptops didn't have disk drives, she asked me if my dads iPad had a disk drive.          (facepalm)

Your mum seems to have jumped a step. I'd expect someone older that's tech illiterate to think all software can only be installed via disks.

Happened 5 seconds ago with my dad:

"Get my internet off this automatic hide mode"

Translation - make Internet Explorer (I know, the horror) stop hiding the toolbar.

After I did it, he asked what went wrong, as if I performed magic.

What non-techies don't know is that I just spammed the F keys until I hit the correct one.

Your mum seems to have jumped a step. I'd expect someone older that's tech illiterate to think all software can only be installed via disks.

Happened 5 seconds ago with my dad:

"Get my internet off this automatic hide mode"

Translation - make Internet Explorer (I know, the horror) stop hiding the toolbar.

After I did it, he asked what went wrong, as if I performed magic.

What non-techies don't know is that I just spammed the F keys until I hit the correct one.

Is it IE's fullscreen mode? That's F11. Same with FF.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

i have 4 monitors. this still blows peoples' minds

what really gets people at my setups is how i have as monitor in portriat.

''why did you break it?''

''i didnt break it... its just in portriat mode''

then they roll thier eyes and go on about how i make up words to sound smart. (which is something my chemistry teacher does regularly)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

on that one 14k HDMI cable.

heres one of the reviews.

I know there are a bunch of sarcastic reviews on here. But in all honestly this is the best cable I've ever purchased. The picture quality is so clear that my TV actually makes it look like I'm really there. My flat screen has never been better. Games are also incredible too, the sound quality and picture quality are actually enhanced beyond what I'm sure the developers intended. Also it doesn't mention it, but if you have 3D capability on your TV this cable makes it more real than ever before. I was watching Girls Gone Wild 4 and beautiful women actually walked out of my TV and had a champaign party with me, after a night of serious fun I woke up with an extra $1,000,000 in my bank account. I asked the bank if this was a mistake but they told me AudioQuest wanted to thank me for my loyalty by sending me a Christmas gift. They said they'd do every holiday (even Labor Day!). Ever since I decided to buy this cable my life has been nothing but cocaine and strippers.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Previously on Today on Yahoo Answers

image.png

On today's installment of Today on Yahoo Answers

image.png

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

-snip-

why didn't you include any of the answers? :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

why didn't you include any of the answers? :(

They were all useful answers - none of them funny. Mostly actual techies suggesting not to do that whole downgrading business.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Mirror, mirror who's the dumbest of them all?

post-89070-0-40293200-1428455340.png

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Mirror, mirror who's the dumbest of them all?

Pictre-213.png

Will if it's gloosy using a black background helps a lot.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Will if it's gloosy using a black background helps a lot.

In case you missed it

The joke was he/she scanned a mirror.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Previously on

Today on Yahoo Answers

On today's installment of Today on Yahoo Answers

image.png

How do you pronounce your handle?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Storm From X-Men without the vowels :P

I see. I've never actually learned about the x-men, who is storm?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

In case you missed it

The joke was he/she scanned a mirror.

-__- I was just giving members a tip.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650