Experiences with non-techies

OK :P

I assume you're not here in Oregon if you get out in 30 mins, let's just say that.

GMT -4, Midwest. No guessing!

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Yo, in the future (since I didn't get a notification) you can just remember "Storm from X-Men" with no vowels :P Copy-pasting the username just creates a hyperlink.

thanks. I probably won't remember that though :P

I know, I am going to wait, I'm just saying that 8 chicks in 4 months? Not beleivable.

I know a girl, who had about 30 boyfriends in 3 months, thats like a new one every couple days.  You can probably get an idea of what my school is like.   

I never said any of them were my girlfriends? Those are just the girls I've "been with." Either as in went on a date with to consider being in a relationship with or had intercoarse with. I've been in a relationship with 1 girl this year and back in November, me and my ex broke up after dating for nearly 2 years. So yeah. :/

I've been on a few dates.  Lame though, although one of my friends who is a crazy math, aircraft, science and ww2 nerd gets like 10 girls asking him out.  And I get none.  Though hes got abs, is like 6,5 and 15 years old.  

He also sounds like a posh British-man so...   Hes got all the bond features.  I've got all the hacker/computer nerd features.  Yay. 

(sorry @bear-in-the-air)  mistaken quote, cant seem to remove it though. 

I know a girl, who had about 30 boyfriends in 3 months, thats like a new one every couple days.  You can probably get an idea of what my school is like.   

I've been on a few dates.  Lame though, although one of my friends who is a crazy math, aircraft, science and ww2 nerd gets like 10 girls asking him out.  And I get none.  Though hes got abs, is like 6,5 and 15 years old.  

He also sounds like a posh British-man so...   Hes got all the bond features.  I've got all the hacker/computer nerd features.  Yay. 

Im short, pale, and 17. I don't know why I get as many girls as I do. I have more girls asking me out then I can count. I assume it's my charm, one of my exes called me a womanizer. Idk I think it has a lot to do with confidence. I really don't get as many as it seems to NeatSquid. It's usually me getting to know a girl, it becomes more than friends and I realize it's not a person I want to spend my life with so I move on. Only met one girl I'd spend my life with and we broke up after 2 years. Only girl I can say I loved. I'm also a ww2 nerd. I guess girls like nazis.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

you know that switch at the top right corner of the reply to post menu. click that and remove the bbcode.

once you go 2 you never go back

once you go 3 you never go back

once you go 4 you never go back

seriously, now everytime i am on another person's computer and they don't have at least 2 monitors i'm like WTF, where do i put all these windows?

I have 3 monitors, and I had to unplug one for a bit, I went yesterday with 2 and I felt like I was suffocating because I can't see everything I need to see at the same time :/

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Another story, I asked my Design and modeling teacher what the speed of the CPU was. He said, I don't know, 64?

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Another story, I asked my Design and modeling teacher what the speed of the CPU was. He said, I don't know, 64?

What's your username mean?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

What's your username mean?

I used to eat, sleep, and breathe Minecraft. I was good at redstone, so RedOwen1177. The numbers have no significance.

LG G3 Vigor

Im short, pale, and 17. 

-snip-

me too, but i've never been asked out. :P i'm also skinny. (5'9" and 120lbs)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I used to eat, sleep, and breathe Minecraft. I was good at redstone, so RedOwen1177. The numbers have no significance.

Not at all a ready player one reference? I thought, with the profile pic, maybe...

... Nope...

:'(

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

5'5 115lbs. 

I'm telling you man, its the fascist, nazi ideology that gets them.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Hey, 120 lb buddies!! I'm also about 5'8"-ish in height, and I think I've been asked out about 4 times in my life.... Turned them all down tho... But I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of girls attracted to the both of us, and that we've never been told

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

5'5 115lbs. 

I'm telling you man, its the fascist, nazi ideology that gets them.

Hey, 120 lb buddies!! I'm also about 5'8"-ish in height, and I think I've been asked out about 4 times in my life.... Turned them all down tho... But I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of girls attracted to the both of us, and that we've never been told

well, to be honest, i've never weighed 120, i actually weigh 116-118. :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I used to weigh that much.... but I gained a bit of weight due to me RARELY exercising...I'm not on any type of diet by the way....

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I used to weigh that much.... but I gained a bit of weight due to me RARELY exercising...I'm not on any type of diet by the way....

Mind if I ask how old?

i'M 5'6" and 135lbs

I used to have this really Christian friend and his computer's hard drive was broke as fuck but his parents said god wasn't happy with him, he was like oh shit gotta make this right and he was like all nice as shit to everyone till we told him that his hard drive was busted.

i'M 5'6" and 135lbs

I'm 269lbs and 15 years old!

Mind if I ask how old?

I literally just turned 16 exactly a week ago

Seeing as I do IT support for a County Council, we are inundated with people having "MAJOR" IT issues, which normally end up being sorted with a switch off and on.

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

wtf dude. You're so heavy at such a young age unless you're a 7 foot 15 year old kid.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

A few weeks ago I went on a movie date with this girl. Before the movie started, she was excitingly telling me about how all the futuristic tech we see in movies is actually real and is hidden by the government and that's why sometimes we have technology like we see in obviously fiction movies. I looked at her in an actual panic and asked her if she was being serious. She indeed was.

We finished the movie. I dropped her off, ignored her kiss and invite to "come inside for coffee", and drove off. Needless to say there will not be a second date. Mfw I took a conspiracy theorist out on a date.

Nice near miss with dipping it in the crazy gene pool

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

Lucky bastard...

Mine too, but he admits that I know more than him.

my dad looks at anything not IBM and says its a sketchy brand. 

my ddad also looks at any weapon made in the past 40 yers and says its all made up for the movies and ''v-i-d-e-o-g-a-m-e-s'' (he has to say it slow for some un-holy reason) 

My mom called my desktop a "CPU box."

She has a long way to go....

My mom complains about my "power hungry" PC. It has an i3 4360 and no GPU - at idle using maybe 30 Watts. Under load, around 50.

Her iMac with a continuous PSU uses a steady 300W....

Yep, I'm still the problem. 

I always wonder why I see nothing on the screen when I wake the PC or boot it. No wonder - my mom turned the extension off! 

my mom is obsessed with those TV shows about 'elite hackers'' and stuff. 

usually i walk out of the kitchen with like nineteen bags of BBQ chips and see like, the ''hacker-squad'' ''leader'' talking to the generic dumb victim. 

''what we assume happened was, you downloaded malware''

''WHATSTHATOHGODMMY BISINESSISUPINFLAMESNOWISNTITOHGODPLEASESAVEMEYOUKNOWEVERYTHINGIMLOOKINGATMMYLINESWHILETHECAMERAZOOMSINPLEAAASSEE

''malware is a set of code, it usually disguises itself as authentic updates, or the like, ends up giving hackers complete and total control''

me: *stops walking to tell my mom how thats like fucking logic101*

mom: ''well i didnt know that!''

me: -__________________-

A few weeks ago I went on a movie date with this girl. Before the movie started, she was excitingly telling me about how all the futuristic tech we see in movies is actually real and is hidden by the government and that's why sometimes we have technology like we see in obviously fiction movies. I looked at her in an actual panic and asked her if she was being serious. She indeed was.

We finished the movie. I dropped her off, ignored her kiss and invite to "come inside for coffee", and drove off. Needless to say there will not be a second date. Mfw I took a conspiracy theorist out on a date.

Dude, you get so many chicks. Starting to not beleive it...

I know, I am going to wait, I'm just saying that 8 chicks in 4 months? Not beleivable.

i guess you could say they scored with me. 

i dont give a rats ass what they watch in thier private time or how they want my body. x'D if they feed me and garuntee me a place to sleep alongside being romantically active im thier fucking slave. x'D 

you have no idea how many PMs ima get cause i said that.... 

I have 3 monitors, and I had to unplug one for a bit, I went yesterday with 2 and I felt like I was suffocating because I can't see everything I need to see at the same time :/

using two right now. 

1366x768 left 900x1600 portriat right. 

its..... livable... i would say its far from my ideal. 

(my ideal my guess would total somewhere around 10k in total pixels couting all screens) 

i'M 5'6" and 135lbs

wtf dude. You're so heavy at such a young age unless you're a 7 foot 15 year old kid.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE STAY THAT SKINNY

like, i get it i got really fat really fast when we moved from arizona to here, and i need to factor in boobs and all that kinda wieght, BUT GOD DAMN.

to stay under 130LB is like.... crazy. 

*semi-happily eating chips at 210LB*

jesus christ...

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Nice near miss with dipping it in the crazy gene pool

those people sound less super christian and just super dumb.. xx'DD 

MOVING ON

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen