Experiences with non-techies

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE STAY THAT SKINNY

like, i get it i got really fat really fast when we moved from arizona to here, and i need to factor in boobs and all that kinda wieght, BUT GOD DAMN.

to stay under 130LB is like.... crazy. 

*semi-happily eating chips at 210LB*

jesus christ...

After converting lb to st (UK logic is use metric for everything except speed and body weight. All other weight is measured in kg though), you're comparing 9st (and under) to 15st. I'm somewhere around 9-10.5st (126-147lb - not sure since I haven't checked in a while) and 5'10"ish but the average weight of people I know seems to be around that 9st mark for a lot of the girls in my year and probably 11-12st for the guys in my year though that's a really bad estimate since there's a whole range of guys with differing amounts of muscle and body fat in my year.

I don't know how I'm not heavier - I don't really do exercise and definitely eat the 'wrong' types of food, yet somehow I stay at the 10ish mark.

Anyways we're probably meant to be ontopic...

I can't think of any stories right now but I have noticed that as a keyboardist people are just as likely to ask you "why don't you just use a Casio" or "why do you need x piece of equipment" (whether it be in reference to complaining about the plasticy key action on a particular stage piano or talking about a synthesiser I'm interested in) as they are to ask why you need multiple monitors or a £500 gpu. Guitarists don't get this even though a lot of them have excessive pedal boards or needlessly large amp stacks (to compete with the bass player and their amp setup, right?). Something about having a guitar shaped like one of those 13-year-old-first-time-gamer cases with stupid extra bits stuck on or a really dumb choice of pickups (every 2-pickup guitar where both are EMG humbuckers make me cringe) seems to appeal to the masses enough to forgive their 5 wah pedals or whatever.

There's a couple guitarists I know who don't really care about pedals and just want a nice tone. It's a relief sometimes :P

I think I just went off topic trying to get back on topic, but whatevs.

This. This is the worst PC cleaning guide ever. Where do I even begin?

You begin by taking the side panel off. :P

I must be the only one who has underweight no matter what they do. I'm 17 and around 5'8", and weigh just 104 lbs.

My girlfriend could bench you. And she the type of girl that gets blown away by a light breeze and can slide under closed doors. 

1 I dun know what your referring to.

2. NEVER BRING THAT UP EVER AGAIN!

He's referring to the actual weight of people. There was a discussion about it earlier. Not the hard drive thing xD

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

If i fixed or touched a computer and it breaks i get blamed for it.

I hate when people use the word "graphics" thinking its some sort of game.

When people ask me what is the problem with there computer and i say whats wrong with it the first time they ask again because they dont know what i said.

And just cuz im a kid adults dont like asking me for help.

He's referring to the actual weight of people. There was a discussion about it earlier. Not the hard drive thing xD

Yes. I am curious why we are discussing our weight. Not hard drives. That's an argument I don't want to bring up.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Yes. I am curious why we are discussing our weight. Not hard drives. That's an argument I don't want to bring up.

We got into a discussion about dating because I said a non techie story of a girl I took out once and they started saying that they don't get dates and listed physical attributes (including weight) and people just started discussing their weight. Idk derail.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

We got into a discussion about dating because I said a non techie story of a girl I took out once and they started saying that they don't get dates and listed physical attributes (including weight) and people just started discussing their weight. Idk derail.

Ok. it's fine.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Hey, I once derailed my own thread talking about thread derailment. I'd like to see someone top that

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Nope it wasnt an add and that dude has 120k views.

I dunno but imho he has no idea what he is talking about.

This is the vid plus the one in the description. Makes 13min in total if you really want it :D

Edit: Oh btw, you guys think its a good laptop for casual use? ^^

If i fixed or touched a computer and it breaks i get blamed for it.

I hate when people use the word "graphics" thinking its some sort of game.

When people ask me what is the problem with there computer and i say whats wrong with it the first time they ask again because they dont know what i said.

And just cuz im a kid adults dont like asking me for help.

Just like my case bro.... Oh yeah, I also hate it when people force their GPU to work for gaming. For example there's a game requires R9 290X (recommendation) like Assassin's Creed Unity, they just use Intel HD Graphics Family/4000/4600......

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Just like my case bro.... Oh yeah, I also hate it when people force their GPU to work for gaming. For example there's a game requires R9 290X (recommendation) like Assassin's Creed Unity, they just use Intel HD Graphics Family/4000/4600......

Can you spell laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry, my computer fucked up there for a second

That's the joke

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

i know of a few games that intel graphics 4000/4600 can actaully play around 40 frames a second on medium for like 720 and 900p. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

hate it when people question your knowledge about technology because in thier region things are different...

had some idiot saying i didnt know shit cause i said GTX770 instead of 770GTX......... >.>

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Oh...haha! Oops. Well my point still stands! I guess I didn't pay that much attention to people talking about their weight xD

:P

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE STAY THAT SKINNY

like, i get it i got really fat really fast when we moved from arizona to here, and i need to factor in boobs and all that kinda wieght, BUT GOD DAMN.

to stay under 130LB is like.... crazy. 

*semi-happily eating chips at 210LB*

jesus christ...

i can't gain weight. i actually try, and can't! HELP ME!!!!  :blink:

also, i was the thread derailer :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Someone asked me if they came play AA games on pentium extreme grpahics.... I said no and they asked why, and there reason because it had the word "EXTREME"

Stop eating vegetables and fruits and keep eating deep fried from fast foods that should do it and also always asks for extra condiments. :)

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Someone asked me if they came play AA games on pentium extreme grpahics.... I said no and they asked why, and there reason because it had the word "EXTREME"

yeah, EXTREMEly laggy as fuck with low frame rates!

Why would you want to gain weight? Being skinny has its advantages

Stop eating vegetables and fruits and keep eating deep fried from fast foods that should do it and also always asks for extra condiments. :)

i rarely eat anything other than burgers and wings. still only weigh 120-125 on a good day.

i almost got kicked out of ROTC my freshman year of college when i weighed 118Lbs, as 117 was the min. for my height

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

yeah, EXTREMEly laggy as fuck with low frame rates!

Why would you want to gain weight? Being skinny has its advantages

Woah, Woah woah.  

Being fat has its advantages too:

You can eat whatever and people understand. 

You don't have to play sports, and people accept it.

You can loose weight and people will be super proud of you, if you are skinny and turn fat and people are disappointing.

Being fat is awesome.  

Apart from serious health and emotional issues which may or may not include: Possibilities of heart attack, lack of breath, inability to run efficiently, more exposure to disease, viruses and colds and lack of attractiveness.

I'm fat.  And i'm proud.  

Woah, Woah woah.  

Being fat has its advantages too:

You can eat whatever and people understand. 

You don't ha

also skinny people are no fun to cuddle.

all my friends say i give much better hugs. 

:P

-Jim Hensen