Experiences with non-techies

I used to do that at work to test customers computer knowledge (or if they were dicks) just make up a ton of shit and see if they notice

most of them didn't

Just one day I hope this happens too me so I could rek  that bastard.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

My family never puts DVDs in thier computer, when it spins and makes noise they freak out and think the computer is dying.  

-snip- <-- My family when a DVD is spinning... 

Youtube viral gold right there. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

My GPU fan is always on, 100% and I'm not shure what my mobo is doing with my fans, so my computer is always loud.

Edit:

I haven't OC'd my G3258(H81, want Z97), Need a new Mobo and a cooler(H212EVO).

Sounds like you need a BIOS update my friend.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

My GPU fan is always on, 100% and I'm not shure what my mobo is doing with my fans, so my computer is always loud.

Edit:

I haven't OC'd my G3258(H81, Intel, come on!), but I hear it OC's very well.

i'm on h81 ;)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

No, just a GT610. I'm told that it's better to use integrated, waiting till I can get a 960.

Edit:

Or do you mean for the overclocking?

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

No, just a GT610. I'm told that it's better to use integrated, waiting till I can get a 960.

Edit:

Or do you mean for the overclocking?

You need a BIOS update for A. your fans tripping out and B. To check for Pentium ovarclawcks

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You need a BIOS update for A. your fans tripping out and B. To check for Pentium ovarclawcks

I can deal, it's just my GPU. My case fans don't bother me, they run around 1000RPM. I have updated, but wherever I try to OC, my GPU doesn't show anything.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

I can deal, it's just my GPU. My case fans don't bother me, they run around 1000RPM. I have updated, but wherever I try to OC, my GPU doesn't show anything.

GG

But you should update your BIOS regardless....

GG

But you should update your BIOS regardless....

I'll look at it when I get home, LTT in class FTW.

LG G3 Vigor

I'll look at it when I get home, LTT in class FTW.

Same right now. Doing computer research in History.

Compared to your parents mine are relatively techie @FuzzyYellow and @[member=STRMfrmXMN]. They are willing to trust me on what's better and my calculations of power and don't do the "this computer is slow" "do you want me to speed it up" "no, it's fine" thing. 

A few weeks ago I went on a movie date with this girl. Before the movie started, she was excitingly telling me about how all the futuristic tech we see in movies is actually real and is hidden by the government and that's why sometimes we have technology like we see in obviously fiction movies. I looked at her in an actual panic and asked her if she was being serious. She indeed was.

We finished the movie. I dropped her off, ignored her kiss and invite to "come inside for coffee", and drove off. Needless to say there will not be a second date. Mfw I took a conspiracy theorist out on a date.

post-50860-0-45446600-1429120897.jpg

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Youtube viral gold right there. :D

Maybe. maybe not.  Only if I can video them crying because they cant eject the disk.  That would be funny, but also could be considered cruelty by some, so its better not to do that.

BIOS updates normally fix issues like that.  Could not offer better advice :)

I like History, I hate computer science though.  Learning about office, which is decent I guess.  Comes in handy when I'm a sysadmin or something and I need to make a report.  Not some shoddy thing, a proper security report.

But, I learn more when I'm on my own.  I'm learning ruby atm, my first programming language, trying to learn it.  

Funny how it all started though, I know a network admin and engineer at a big bank in the US.  He has tons of servers, he told me to hack one.  The problem, theres only one hole.  And its pretty well protected.  I had to port scan without any ping to even get any info whatsoever.  So, he told me to write a script, he would help me once I actually learnt a programming language.  

A few weeks ago I went on a movie date with this girl. Before the movie started, she was excitingly telling me about how all the futuristic tech we see in movies is actually real and is hidden by the government and that's why sometimes we have technology like we see in obviously fiction movies. I looked at her in an actual panic and asked her if she was being serious. She indeed was.

We finished the movie. I dropped her off, ignored her kiss and invite to "come inside for coffee", and drove off. Needless to say there will not be a second date. Mfw I took a conspiracy theorist out on a date.

Dude, you get so many chicks. Starting to not beleive it...

Pre Algebra, 30 minutes till I go home.

LG G3 Vigor

You in middle school kid? xD

Yeh. Not telling you which one.

LG G3 Vigor

Yeh. Not telling you which one.

OK :P

I assume you're not here in Oregon if you get out in 30 mins, let's just say that.

I wouldn't say I get many. Only 8 so far this year. I just don't tend to stay in a relationship with one. It's not worth the heartbreak. On the other hand, I could prove it with pics but that would be regarded as creepy. I don't need to prove anything. :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I wouldn't say I get many. Only 8 so far this year. I just don't tend to stay in a relationship with one. It's not worth the heartbreak. On the other hand, I could prove it with pics but that would be regarded as creepy. I don't need to prove anything. :P

"Only 8 so far this year"

Yeah... That could be regarded as creepy... You need to realise the difference between friends and girlfriends.

Dude. 

I know people, who are older than me.  They were like me, and I assume you.  Awesome tech guys who never got a girlfriend.  

Every one of them has a wife, who is really beautiful and they told me it was worth the wait.  

BTW. I'm not going out with a girl unless she actually knows at least one scripting language and how to build a computer. 

Beileve me, thats hard to find.  Saying that, I'm in the school most known in my country for drugs, gangs and young prostitutions.  

So, yeah.  Still, lots of awesome nerds.  

Dude. 

I know people, who are older than me.  They were like me, and I assume you.  Awesome tech guys who never got a girlfriend.  

Every one of them has a wife, who is really beautiful and they told me it was worth the wait.  

BTW. I'm not going out with a girl unless she actually knows at least one scripting language and how to build a computer. 

Beileve me, thats hard to find.  Saying that, I'm in the school most known in my country for drugs, gangs and young prostitutions.  

So, yeah.  Still, lots of awesome nerds.  

I know, I am going to wait, I'm just saying that 8 chicks in 4 months? Not beleivable.

Compared to your parents mine are relatively techie @FuzzyYellow and @[member=STRMfrmXMN]. They are willing to trust me on what's better and my calculations of power and don't do the "this computer is slow" "do you want me to speed it up" "no, it's fine" thing. 

Yo, in the future (since I didn't get a notification) you can just remember "Storm from X-Men" with no vowels :P Copy-pasting the username just creates a hyperlink.

"Only 8 so far this year"

Yeah... That could be regarded as creepy... You need to realise the difference between friends and girlfriends.

I never said any of them were my girlfriends? Those are just the girls I've "been with." Either as in went on a date with to consider being in a relationship with or had intercoarse with. I've been in a relationship with 1 girl this year and back in November, me and my ex broke up after dating for nearly 2 years. So yeah. :/

I know, I am going to wait, I'm just saying that 8 chicks in 4 months? Not beleivable.

Its really not difficult. Apply yourself. Talk to a chick, ask her out blah blah blah simple. If someone fucks me over I don't give second chances though. So typically I move through them pretty fast.

Anyways, my original story. I even tried to explain what cgi was and she didn't believe me. I was horrified by her ignorance.