LGBT community

carguy86
10 minutes ago, Kylan275 said:

I know a few people who seem to make politics their personality and it's quite off-putting.

Are you saying that in regards to me, or other other people? I try to keep politics out of everything in this forum. 

11 minutes ago, Kylan275 said:

But I also think sometimes LGBT people are accused of "flaunting" or "making it their personality" for doing things that straight people do that doesn't get the same judgment. Just my $0.02.

Can I get a few examples? Besides being very flamboyant (probably not the right word) like the stereotypical gay man, I don't think there's much judgement anymore. Of course correct me if I'm wrong

Spoiler

I'm aware that may sound like me being snarky or condescending or whatever, sorry. I don't mean that way

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Nope, I didn't mean it about you, I'm not passive aggressive, if it came off that way, sorry. I just meant in general and actually when I posted that I was thinking of someone I know IRL.

There may not be much judgment anymore, but it still happens, like wearing pride colors or talking about queer history. I think it's different because there is still an LGBT "subculture" whereas there isn't really a straight one. But those are some instances where I've seen people get accused of making their sexuality too important, taking an interest in the subculture or being a part of it. You can be part of it without making it your personality, I think. 

7 hours ago, Kylan275 said:

Nope, I didn't mean it about you, I'm not passive aggressive, if it came off that way, sorry. I just meant in general and actually when I posted that I was thinking of someone I know IRL.

It's all g. I've seen passive aggressiveness tons before, so it's a natural instinct to call bullshit when I see it. sorry

7 hours ago, Kylan275 said:

But those are some instances where I've seen people get accused of making their sexuality too important, taking an interest in the subculture or being a part of it. You can be part of it without making it your personality, I think.

I think that's where the line is for me. You can be proud of a part of yourself, celebrate it, and more power to you. But sexuality is the type of thing you don't need to mention 24/7. It's a mention and forget it type thing I guess.

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

In other news, local resident SpongeBob SquarePants only has a few hours left to complete his essay. And yet he continues to goof off.

When will he learn?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 hours ago, Nowak said:

There are people who make the fact that they play video games their personality. It's kinda off-putting.

Yup same this apples to just about everything imo, your political standpoint, sexuality, hobby’s, should not be who you are, but a part of you as a whole.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

• 2 months later...

Woah. I kinda love that this exists. And I don't have time to read through 1400 pages of back posts (despite the fact that I always want to read threads that have survived multiple years on forums) so I'm just gonna throw my shit in here.

So Hi! I'm queer. And genderqueer (they/them please, if that's a thing people need to know) And I've had a lot of coming outs, as different things, because I'm not a youngster anymore and things change with time. Most recently it's been of pronouns. Before I left my last job I made a big deal of coming out (which was a long time coming). Had come back from being furloughed for 2 or so months and I wrote an e-mail to the whole store. This dude, who worked in the warehouse, who is probably 6'5" and plays guitar in a metal band, usually has a serious look on his face. Could definitely intimidate the hell out of a person. Came up to me and pulled me aside, said he wanted to talk. And I have been on good terms with him, have had good discussions about metal and life and whatnot, but I was unsure of how he might feel about this. But he wanted me to know that he was in my corner, offered to deck anybody that gave me guff, and let me know he was looking out for me and offered me a COVID style hug. Luckily he didn't have to deck anybody. But I love it when uncertainty in those situations is totally unwarranted. And he ended up being one of my biggest supports there.

I like how the post before mine was an introspective post about gender identity and this supportive dude, and then I'm just like "I'm gay".

hello homos

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

25 minutes ago, MoonlightSylv said:

hello homos

sup p

i like trains 🙂

7 hours ago, Flannelist said:

Woah. I kinda love that this exists. And I don't have time to read through 1400 pages of back posts (despite the fact that I always want to read threads that have survived multiple years on forums) so I'm just gonna throw my shit in here.

It's not a smooth sailing thread 😜

Back read at your own risk

3 hours ago, MoonlightSylv said:

hello homos

IfselfvWlziwp1aGMd.gif

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

So, because I'm a Complete Nerd, I've been working on a pride glamour in Final Fantasy XIV.

ffxiv_12032020_000816_655.thumb.png.f4b273fd1d7a78fd8039f33d0b1ac309.png

I should be ready before Primal Pride next year ^^

15 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

...to say the very least.

I won't say if I contributed to it but uh...

Don't worry. I have my fair share of "nuances" in this thread, for my lack of a better term 😜

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, handymanshandle said:

it's really been about 4 years since me and @pinksnowbirdie hit it off huh

mmm moo love :^
it's crazy to think, 4 years. Huh?

But I'm so glad we found each other :P

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

mmm moo love :^
it's crazy to think, 4 years. Huh?

But I'm so glad we found each other :P

The crazier thing is thinking about what's happened in that four years. 

I graduated high school. I got a job. I got a car. Frankly, I've kinda developed into a more hardened but calm person. Lots of shit's happened, but somehow I'm still here and so are you.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

The crazier thing is thinking about what's happened in that four years. 

I graduated high school. I got a job. I got a car. Frankly, I've kinda developed into a more hardened but calm person. Lots of shit's happened, but somehow I'm still here and so are you.

Yup, it's been a lot of changes and challenges but here we are :^)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

10 hours ago, like_ooh_ahh said:

It's not a smooth sailing thread 😜

Back read at your own risk

Yeah, I am not surprised to hear this. It's 1400 page thread full of gays and tech nerds. If there wasn't drama, it wouldn't be authentic. And really, being told is not smooth sailing is a guaranteed way to get me to read it, just to see where it got derailed, went wrong, etc....

I used to play Perfect World... I had a barbarian, giant bipedal Tiger dude that was buff AF, and I got a suit for him, but dyed it purple and pink. He looked like the proprietor of a gay bar... I wish they would have let me use the 'Oh, behave!' emote with him, would have fit perfectly.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022